WebsiteBaker Support (2.12.x) > General Help & Support

Menu items prompt download of php file. Upgrading from 2.8 solution?

<< < (5/5)

dbs:
Hi, don't forget your WB and his modules are very old.
Yes, your scroller code will display all news sections.
Read more is only visible if your news has content in both editors (short & long). Read more leads to the long content.

hgs:

--- Quote ---► However - I notice that the news items on the scroller are pulled from BOTH Videos page, AND News. It could be OK IF... ▼
--- End quote ---

About the logic of anynews as I understood it, I don't use the tool myself!
the snippet "AnyNews" doesn't distinguish where a "News" is located. in the database every "News" gets a consecutive ID no matter on which page with the module News it is created.
In the template it is set so that the 5 most recent news IDs are displayed on the right side.
Your two pages "VIDEOS" and "News" are both created with the "Module News". And from both pages now the 5 most current IDs are displayed.
So if there are more than 5 entries on the "News" page and there are no new entries on the "VIDEOS" page, the issue will be resolved over time.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

styzer1137:

--- Quote from: hgs on March 12, 2021, 01:00:49 PM ---
--- Quote ---► However - I notice that the news items on the scroller are pulled from BOTH Videos page, AND News. It could be OK IF... ▼
--- End quote ---

About the logic of anynews as I understood it, I don't use the tool myself!
the snippet "AnyNews" doesn't distinguish where a "News" is located. in the database every "News" gets a consecutive ID no matter on which page with the module News it is created.
In the template it is set so that the 5 most recent news IDs are displayed on the right side.
Your two pages "VIDEOS" and "News" are both created with the "Module News". And from both pages now the 5 most current IDs are displayed.
So if there are more than 5 entries on the "News" page and there are no new entries on the "VIDEOS" page, the issue will be resolved over time.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

--- End quote ---

Thank you for clarifying. Indeed, maybe upgrading (everything) is truly going to help.

What module could replace AnyNews? As it is an important part of the sidebar (the only actually at this point).

Andre

dbs:
The successor is cwsoft_anynews.
It is enough to install the snippet, the scroller will work immediately.
With a few small changes it can also access only the one news section instead of all existing ones.

styzer1137:
Many thanks again, humble donation was sent with huge gratitude.

Blessings,

Andre

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version