WebsiteBaker Support (2.12.x) > General Help & Support

Menu items prompt download of php file. Upgrading from 2.8 solution?

<< < (4/5) > >>

styzer1137:

--- Quote from: hgs on March 11, 2021, 07:55:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: styzer1137 on March 10, 2021, 07:25:21 PM ---And finally, when I go to Media and click on any of the items, I get this error message:
Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.
Why?

--- End quote ---

Which file extensions are affected, or are they all?

We eventually need admin access to have a look at it live on their server. This please by pm to me

--- End quote ---

Actually it seems only the directories are affected. So when i click on the folder icon i get that message.

hgs:
For all interested readers
We copied the website 1:1 on our test server and found out the following.

Quote from pm:

On our server there are no problems with the media management, all subfolders can be opened and operated without problems.
You can test it yourself on our server. So this problem has nothing to do with WebsiteBaker and will be on your server.

The news display on the right side is controlled by this entry in the index.php in the template directory
/templates/webarte-player
controlled
search for:

--- Code: ---<marquee direction="up" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()" scrolldelay="0" scrollamount="2.5" height="230">
<div class="news" style="width:240px;margin-left:20px;margin-bottom:20px;margin-top:0px;background:url(<?php echo TEMPLATE_DIR; ?>/images/news.jpg) no-repeat;">

<?php
if (function_exists('displayNewsItems')) {
   displayNewsItems(
       $group_id = 0, 
       $max_news_items = 5, 
       $max_news_length = 55, 
       $display_mode = 5, 
       $lang_id = 'EN'
       $strip_tags = true, 
       $allowed_tags = '', 
       $custom_placeholder = false,
       $sort_by = 1, 
       $sort_order = 1, 
       $not_older_than = 0
   );
}
?>
</div></marquee></div> 
--- End code ---

and change the entry

--- Code: ---$sort_by = 1,
--- End code ---
to

--- Code: ---$sort_by = 3,
--- End code ---

After that the news from news will be included in anynews. It will always show the latest news, no matter if they are written in VIDEOS or in News.

Quote end

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

styzer1137:

--- Quote from: hgs on March 12, 2021, 06:22:22 AM ---For all interested readers
We copied the website 1:1 on our test server and found out the following.

Quote from pm:

On our server there are no problems with the media management, all subfolders can be opened and operated without problems.
You can test it yourself on our server. So this problem has nothing to do with WebsiteBaker and will be on your server.

--- End quote ---

Interesting, can I ask which version of PHP you guys are using on the server?

--- Quote from: hgs on March 12, 2021, 06:22:22 AM ---The news display on the right side is controlled by this entry in the index.php in the template directory
/templates/webarte-player
controlled
search for:

--- Code: ---<marquee direction="up" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()" scrolldelay="0" scrollamount="2.5" height="230">
<div class="news" style="width:240px;margin-left:20px;margin-bottom:20px;margin-top:0px;background:url(<?php echo TEMPLATE_DIR; ?>/images/news.jpg) no-repeat;">

and change the entry
[code]$sort_by = 1,
--- End code ---
to

--- Code: ---$sort_by = 3,
--- End code ---

After that the news from news will be included in anynews. It will always show the latest news, no matter if they are written in VIDEOS or in News.

--- End quote ---

YES! That works! Now my client will be able to populate the News properly.

I wonder why this happened, but that is not a major concern.

I would never have found this on my own, no matter how much I would have researched.

Can I get an AMEN!!! :D YOU GUYS ROCK!!

Most grateful for the help, God bless you!

Andre

styzer1137:
I was just looking at the News scroller and noticed two things:

I'm able to fill the News page with news that will show in the scroller.

► However - I notice that the news items on the scroller are pulled from BOTH Videos page, AND News. It could be OK IF... ▼

► Plus, shouldn't the entries on the news scroller have a READ MORE link to the original/full content for ALL News items?

Almost there! :)

Blessings,

Andre

hgs:

--- Quote ---Interesting, can I ask which version of PHP you guys are using on the server?
--- End quote ---

Ok, the server is fortunately still running php5.6
Actually, this version has long been at the end of its life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version