Dear WebsiteBaker Users
Dear WebsiteBaker community
From now on WebsiteBaker version 2.8.3 with Service Pack 5 (stable) is ready for download. As You can also download the Service Pack 5 individually for updating an already installed 2.8.3.
The new installation package can be downloaded as usual from the download section
of the wiki or from the add-on repository
.A brief overview of the major changes:
- After the somewhat outdated FCK editor is no longer supported by some modern browsers without having special settings, it is replaced by the revised CK editor.
- The Code of Droplet module has been completely revised. With the new code, the operation has been simplified and improved. Through a convenient import / export option, the work is now easier with self-created / modified droplets and thereby realized a long-expressed wish of the user.
- Since running for some time, more and more providers run their MySQL databases only in Strict-Mode. We don't want to ignore this trend and so we support this. A code of technical shutdown, specified by the provider, Strict-Mode is not an option for us because it means a reduction in the security and it is never guaranteed that the database user has the necessary rights.
- To make the multilangual portion of Website Baker sites stable, the module mod_lingual has been revised. The module can be downloaded from our Add-Ons Repository.
- Another innovation concerns the group and rights management.
- Now Admin Tools can be explicitly released for user groups.
- System rights are not fully editable any more in simple mode, but only shown on 'View'.
In advanced mode, the rights can then be accurately adjusted as desired.
There were plenty of other changes, improvements and bug fixes made in the Code, but to keep this topic clear and readable their specifications we let omit.
When (re)programming modules please check our wiki
where many useful information is available that can help you.
A big shoutout goes out to DarkViper who has changed the Class SecureToken on WB-2.8.3 to make WebsiteBaker safer and easier to use. The former, for some incomprehensible, switching between SingleTab and multitab-Secure form is a thing of the past. The same level of safety standard has been adapted in the supplied modules.
Many thanks to LuiseHahne, dbs, jacobi22, HGS and all the others who have supported us for weeks while WebsiteBaker finish 2.8.3 SP5.
We all wish you a Merry Christmas and much success in your work with Website Baker 2.8.3 SP5
The WebsiteBaker Team