Author Topic: Upgrade from 2.8.3 to 2.10.0-latin1 to utf8  (Read 649 times)

Offline jacobi22

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4374
  • Gender: Male
    • Jacobi22
Re: Upgrade from 2.8.3 to 2.10.0-latin1 to utf8
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 12:48:59 AM »
do you mean the ? ? ? ? in the front of some languages?. i see it sometime's and in my case, it was a result of the converting to utf8mb4_general_ci. utf8mb4 use 4-byte-chars and utf8 only 2-byte-chars.
best solution is a correction directly in your database. copy the name of this addon (with ????) from the info.php, use a doubleclick on the field with the ???? in phpmyadmin and paste the addon name.
Und obwohl es so aussieht wie früher, alles gewohnt und so vertraut, ist doch alles anders, ist es irgendwie anders unter der Haut
Kuult - Unter der Haut

Offline contactjw

  • Posts: 119
Re: Upgrade from 2.8.3 to 2.10.0-latin1 to utf8
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 12:10:39 AM »
OK got rid of the "?". All my tables and fields are now set to utf8. Only thing that I found a problem with now is my email link. Now this may have nothing to do with the character set changes, but I click on my email link and nothing happens. It was working before in 2.8.3 but I'm not sure if I checked it after upgrading.

Offline contactjw

  • Posts: 119
Re: Upgrade from 2.8.3 to 2.10.0-latin1 to utf8
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 08:58:43 PM »
I found the problem with the email link. It wasn't related to the charset change. So as far as I can tell everything is working OK with all tables and fields changed to utf8_unicode_ci. Unless I come across anything down the road looks like everything is good to go. Thanks for your help with this jacobi.  (Y)

Offline jacobi22

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 4374
  • Gender: Male
    • Jacobi22
Re: Upgrade from 2.8.3 to 2.10.0-latin1 to utf8
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 12:47:01 PM »
Quote
Only thing that I found a problem with now is my email link

email-link has nothing to do with utf8. a mail-adress (not the maillink) is stored in the database as normal text, in wb the filter "email" search for a combination with mailto (or href), to discover links in the content. now, we have two way's
- you add a maillink in your content and want have a link with protected, encrypted mailadress like
Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.

- you add a maillink in your content and want have a link without protected, encrypted mailadress like
Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.
for solution 1, you have to load the file mdcr.js. in the original-package of WB 2.10.0, it was not possible to load this file automatically and only, if you need this encryption. the file was loaded everytime, when the filter was activated or generally loaded, also, if you dont need this option (i'm not sure)
but i remember, that Darkviper publish a new version, that load the mdcr.js only, if you need this to protect a mail. so, not sure, which version is active in your WB at the moment. for a test, you can use the file from the WB-Download-Package in modules/output_filter/filters/filterEmail.php. This have to work in every case

new version of this file are here -> http://project.WebsiteBaker.org/projects/wb-2-10/repository/raw/branches/main/modules/output_filter/filters/filterEmail.php
Und obwohl es so aussieht wie früher, alles gewohnt und so vertraut, ist doch alles anders, ist es irgendwie anders unter der Haut
Kuult - Unter der Haut