The WebsiteBaker project is pleased to announce the official release of the long-awaited WebsiteBaker 2.13.1. WebsiteBaker version 2.13.0, which was released a year ago, has been extensively upgraded and various reported issues have been fixed. We recommend everyone to start planning an upgrade to WebsiteBaker 2.13.1. This version officially marks the end of further development of WebsiteBaker 2.13.0.
Among other things, it is a security release that fixes some security vulnerabilities and contains various bug fixes and improvements.
WebsiteBaker 2.13.1 runs with PHP 7.4.28 up to and including PHP 8.0.x. Some adjustments, have already been made for PHP 8.1.x. We are working at full speed on the complete adaptation for PHP 8.1.x.
And here is an overview of the changes in WebsiteBaker 2.13.1
Module developers should seek help and information for customization from the development team because of the internal core changes.
- Worth mentioning is a visual and improved technical customization of the WebsiteBaker installer, e.g. like preventing incorrect input
- An update of the template engine Twig version to version 3.3.9 to replace the aging and inflexible PHPLib template engine with Twig in one of the later WebsiteBaker versions
- Update CKEditor to version 4.18.0 which includes security updates
- Update of the PhpMailer class to version 6.6 which brought some stricter measures in the configuration
- Advanced functions in the mailer class allow to suppress SSL certificate checking if this error appears SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host (reason invalid or missing certificates). Keep in mind that security is compromised if this way of suppressing certificate verification is chosen.
- The WebsiteBaker custom form module has been provided with a new spam protection. The time for the spam protection to take effect can now be set individually in minutes.
The basic data protection regulation has also been taken into account. The retention period of saved entries, if you allow saving at all, can be limited in days and the form module will delete the entries irrevocably and automatically from the database as soon as the backend overview page of the form module is called.
- Also the Output_Filter makes it easier for the user to include the ShortUrl version 4 developed by Ruud. No more editing via FTP necessary the necessary file short.php is automatically created at the push of a button and can also be deleted again Also the possibility, editing and deletion of the .htaccess file is possible via the output_filter and should only be done by experienced users. About the import function text modules can also be inserted into an existing .htaccess. The possibility of own text modules is also provided.
- Some droplets that are supplied by default have undergone an overhaul and adaptation to PHP 8 and are automatically updated during the upgrade.
- Also new, at the end of some password fields is a small eye icon that can be clicked after entering the password so that it then displays the password in plain text.
.How to install a new WebsiteBaker version 2.13.1
How to upgrade to WebsiteBaker 2.13.1
- Download the unzip.php.zip version 16 from the Wiki Download section, as well as the FullPackage WebsiteBaker 2.13.1
- Removing the .zip extension from the unzip.php.zip. This makes this file an executable unzip.php.
- It is no longer necessary to unzip the WebsiteBaker package itself
- Upload both files via FTP to the desired website (application path) where WebsiteBaker should be installed
- In the browser address bar, enter the following URL https://domain-name.tld/unzip.php and confirm. The unzip routine will start and is self-explanatory. After unzipping, click on the Backend button and the revised WebsiteBaker installer will start automatically.
With this release, we would like to take the opportunity to recognize the efforts and dedication of all the people who have voluntarily sacrificed their time to support and drive the WebsiteBaker project forward. We would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the development of WebsiteBaker over the years, past and present!
- Basically, the procedure is identical to the reinstallation. The only difference is that WebsiteBaker does not perform a new installation, but automatically offers the upgrade after logging into the backend. Remember to make a backup of the website and the database before
- An upgrade of older WebsiteBaker installations, preferably from version 2.8.x, has been maintained and has already been done successfully with versions smaller than 2.8.x without having to jump from version to version
Have fun with WebsiteBaker 2.13.1
Your WebsiteBaker Team