Author Topic: Problem placing modules in WB 2.10  (Read 152 times)

Offline mgeene

  • Posts: 146
Problem placing modules in WB 2.10
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:35:19 PM »
I have the following problem with WB 2.10, when I place a new module (no matter which module) on a page it is not visible in the CMS and in frontend, only the WYSIWYG works. If I remove a module (no matter which module), the page in the CMS is normal again and in frontend too. Does anyone have an idea why this could be?

Offline jacobi22

  • Posts: 5836
  • Gender: Male
  • Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
Re: Problem placing modules in WB 2.10
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 01:43:44 PM »
WB 2.10 is too old to work with the actual php-versions. but it has to work with PHP 5.6 && PHP 7.0
What is your actual PHP-Version?

Other possible Problem: the server switch the database/ means SQL to the Strict-Mode
Probleme sind da, um sie zu lösen, nicht, um nach Ausreden zu suchen.

Offline mgeene

  • Posts: 146
Re: Problem placing modules in WB 2.10
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:01:49 PM »
Hi Jacobi22,

Thanks for your reply, i checked the PHP version and this is 7.1, but where can i switch to the strict mode?

I found it, in the config file just put this line;

$database->query("SET sql_mode='NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION';");

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 02:10:57 PM by mgeene »

Offline jacobi22

  • Posts: 5836
  • Gender: Male
  • Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
Re: Problem placing modules in WB 2.10
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 02:36:51 PM »
check this two options in WB-Settings -> Show advanced settings


be sure, the its set to enabled!  (important!)

if its not work and  if you have a little bit of experience in tools like PHPmyAdmin.....

Add a new  (hidden) page, remember the page_id (see in the header of this page or in page overview)
Add the two (or more) different modules and remember the section_id's of this modules (you can see the section-id's also in section administration)

go to the database and there to the table  (prefix_sections) - replace prefix with the used table prefix (see config.php)
sort the results by page_id and search there for the new added sections

if you found all added sections there, you can go to the module_tables (for example: mod_wysiwyg (for a wysiwyg section), search there also for the used section. Everything there??
if YES, it is a PHP-Problem in the module, if NO, it looks like a Mysql-Strict-Problem

a upgrade is recommended

P.S.: i dont know, why the people dont use everytime the latest version. everywhere they need the latest version, a new mobile, a new car or tv, but not here. the developers spend a lot of time to fix the knowed problems as result of the new php-versions. release date from wb 2.10 was in March 2017, release date from PHP 7.1.0 was Dec 2017
you spend also a lot of time, to search for errors, but the most of them are fixed in the next versions
the big step in WB was between WB 2.8.3 and WB 2.10, here wb change the charset to utf8 as reaction of the php-definitions
Probleme sind da, um sie zu lösen, nicht, um nach Ausreden zu suchen.