WebsiteBaker Support (2.12.x) > General Help & Support

Strange characters after upgrade from 2.8.3 to 2.12.1

(1/5) > >>

svsanchez:
Hello!

I just upgraded www.distribuidoraal cance.com from version 2.8.3 rev 1645 to 2.12.1 and the upgrade went very well, BUT we are having a problem with strange characters in some of the pages names and on Bakery products:

The site is in Spanish, and so we use some special characters like á, é, í, ó, ú and ñ. These characters have been changed to strange combinations, for example:

Crédito <--- Should be Solicitud de Crédito
Útiles <--- Should be Útiles
Presentación <--- Should be Presentación
Johnnie Walker® <--- Should be Johnnie Walker® (I think! :-D)

How can I fix these characters both in the pages and in the Bakery products titles?

You can see in this link that the Bakery product's title has some strange characters (Años <--- should be Años) but the extended characters are correctly displayed in the description:

https://www.distribuidoraalcance.com/pages/bakery/whisky-chivas-regal-12-anos-1662.php

Thanks for your help!

hgs:
This link might help
https://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,30402.msg212078.html#msg212078

Gast:
is it possible, to send me the backup-sql as ZIP or GZ or to send me a downloadlink for this? i will do my best, to convert everything in a short time

my email: uwe@jacobi22.com

svsanchez:
Hell Jacobi, thank you for your offer. I have uploaded the mysql backup to Google Drive and shared the file with your email.

I hope it's something easy to fix.

I do have some other sites that I have to upgrade from 2.8.3 to 2.12.1, is there something we should do first to avoid this from happening?

Kind regards,

Gast:

--- Quote ---I do have some other sites that I have to upgrade from 2.8.3 to 2.12.1, is there something we should do first to avoid this from happening?
--- End quote ---

there are some possible problem's
- if you use utf8 from the beginning in this project's, there are no problem's with special characters

- some people start with latin1, but the server change the default charset in the past sometime's - in this case, you have a mix between latin and utf8-characters. Also possible: a WB-Upgrade to WB 2.10.x and up - WB use UTF8 since WB 2.10.0 as default charset and as reaction of the php-changes (UTF8 as default_charset) in PHP 5.6 and up

- a clear latin-project from the beginning - that's simple and normalize no problem, to display it without errors in WB or other systems

in small project's, you can search and replace, but never use a batch-replacement, only step by step, letter by letter, but you have also to change the table collations and field collations inside of the tables.
I use a php-script for this, but i have to add every character in a array before i start this converter. at the moment, i have ~90 characters in this array, only latin and special characters like ñ, Ë or ©, no cyrrilic or others.
Maybe, it's not enough for your project, but it's only a question of time

feel free to send me more SQL-Backup's, if you have to convert it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version