WebsiteBaker Support (2.12.x) > General Help & Support

Strange characters after upgrade from 2.8.3 to 2.12.1

<< < (2/5) > >>

svsanchez:
Hello Jacobi, thank you for your reply. I will try upgrading the other projects first to 2.10 as you said.

Regarding this project, I understand you will execute a php script to "clean" my DB, then you will send it back to me and I will have to "restore" the DB from Cpanel, is that right?

svsanchez:
Hello Jacobi, I just read your email and sent you the DB backup as an attachment.

Gast:
the replay is on the way

--- Quote ---Regarding this project, I understand you will execute a php script to "clean" my DB, then you will send it back to me and I will have to "restore" the DB from Cpanel, is that right?
--- End quote ---

yes, that's right
you have to delete the old tables from this backup in phpmyadmin before you import the converted file from the mail, but be carefull and detele only the tables with the same prefix, in this special case, the prefix was wb_  (prefix are the leading letters on every table name, like wb_addons, wb_settings etc)

svsanchez:
Hello Jacobi22, thank you for your reply and email, unfortunately I don't understand, I hope my following remarks make sense:

1) In your email you begin by saying that the new file I sent you was not corrupt but that you couldn't use it because it was too big and your editor can't handle files larger than 2 MB.

2) However, you sent me a "converted" file. I opened the "converted" converted file in a text editor and noticed that the strange characters are all still there, so it seems you probably sent me the same file again  :-D

3) Finally, you tell me that the best way to use the converted file is to delete all the tables with the prefix wb_ in my database and then import the "converted" file. However, ALL my database tables begin with the prefix wb_ as you can see on the following picture!!!

So, could you please confirm to me that:

1) You were able to "convert" the strange characters in the database?

2) You sent me the right "converted" DB?

3) It's OK to delete ALL my database tables -even if not one remains- and replace them with the correct "converted" DB?

Thank you!!!

Gast:
nice, to found content from my private mails here in a public forum

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version