General Community > WebsiteBaker Website Showcase

Book publisher's website

<< < (2/5) > >>

sky writer:

--- Quote from: CodeALot on March 04, 2017, 12:53:41 AM ---I am pretty sure that's a minimal percentage of users :) Most people will just open a browser and go check websites. You have to resize below 1024 width to lose the menu on a desktop-PC or laptop... Not too many people do that.

--- End quote ---

I'm curious why you would, or more importantly, why your online shop client would want to roll the dice with these kinds of assumptions, when you can use responsive design and media queries and not have to worry about these unknowns.

CodeALot:
I don't think we're rolling so many dice here. That's where our opinions differ :-)
(And the site -is- using responsive design and media queries, just not to the level where people who resize their browser window to such a small size. On tablets and smartphones however, the site works as intended.)

sky writer:
Fair enough.  I wan't trying to be critical.  Like I said I think the site looks good on desktop.

Is the screen shot I included previously (as it appears on my tablet) the intended view of the Mobile site?  Again, I'm not being critical, I'm just puzzled at the total elimination of all the full site header branding (and of course the navigation which I guess you need to fix for my viewport).

dbs:
Hi, on my tablet (in potrait mode) i see the same as with a small desktop browser.
No header, no menu, only a small blue stripe followed by the title + picture.
In landscape mode all is ok.

With media querys (without is_mobile) the problem should be solved.

CodeALot:
Ok, you both have a point there. I'll make it work :-) Thanks for the feedback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version