General Community > WebsiteBaker Website Showcase

Book publisher's website

(1/5) > >>

CodeALot:
Based on Bakery, OneforAll, MiniForm, Layerslider (wrapped in a OFA-module)

Templates built from ground up, using Skeleton CSS framework.

Bakery was heavily customized. Each booktitle in the catalogue can have up to 10 categories attached to it. Visitors can select categories to see all titles that match that criterium.

In item-view of Bakery, visitors can click the author's name to see all titles by that author, or one of the categories that is assigned to that title to see all titles in that category.

Booktitles have one of 5 different availability-statusses (Available, In reprint, sold out, temporary unavailable, not yet published) - each of which can be selected by the site owner.

All in all, Bakery now has a total of 10 user definable fields (not using all of them yet, but I thought I might as well add a few extra while I was at it :)

All image processing is done using SLIR to create nice square thumbnails, regardless of the aspect ratio of the full image.

Mobile menu was done with SlickNav and is depending on IsMobile() (so you won't see it when you resize the window but you will on a smartphone)

URL is https://www.conserve.nl

Thanks to a great WB community for keeping alive the best and versatile CMS around!

peppos:
Sorry for my poor english. There should be more people like you who work with WebsiteBaker which is a great CMS. I do not understand why WebsiteBaker remained in reality as small communities and wordpress has been so successful, for me it is a wordpress cms incomprehensible, as well as slow and absurd.
I would like to point out that the latest version of Chrome if you resize the window and gets small, the menu of conserve.nl disappears and you can not browse the pages alre. I attach picture to understand.

CodeALot:

--- Quote from: peppos on March 03, 2017, 01:23:20 PM ---Sorry for my poor english. There should be more people like you who work with WebsiteBaker which is a great CMS. I do not understand why WebsiteBaker remained in reality as small communities and wordpress has been so successful, for me it is a wordpress cms incomprehensible, as well as slow and absurd.
I would like to point out that the latest version of Chrome if you resize the window and gets small, the menu of conserve.nl disappears and you can not browse the pages alre. I attach picture to understand.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your kind words :)

About the resizing: that's correct. Check the small window on your smartphone and you'll see it works as it should. This is because I use Ruud's module IsMobile to check if the mobile menu should be shown.

sky writer:
The site looks good... on desktop with full browser window.  Great work!

But what about the user experience for those who view on their desktop with the browser window minimized?  I often have multiple windows open.  The site is unusable, and the UX is vastly different from the full browser window, desktop experience.

More importantly, when I view your website on my tablet (Nexus 7) in portrait orientation, I do not get the mobile navigation (looks the same as above).  You don't even get the header, logo, site name, search...

CodeALot:

--- Quote from: sky writer on March 03, 2017, 09:21:05 PM ---
But what about the user experience for those who view on their desktop with the browser window minimized?  I often have multiple windows open.  The site is unusable, and the UX is vastly different from the full browser window, desktop experience.

--- End quote ---

I am pretty sure that's a minimal percentage of users :) Most people will just open a browser and go check websites. You have to resize below 1024 width to lose the menu on a desktop-PC or laptop... Not too many people do that.

--- Quote ---More importantly, when I view your website on my tablet (Nexus 7) in portrait orientation, I do not get the mobile navigation (looks the same as above).  You don't even get the header, logo, site name, search...

--- End quote ---
Ah, that's not good indeed. Thanks for reporting that. I'll have to edit the IsMobile-script to recognize Nexus 7's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version