OK, I have investigated this some more and I believe that my problem is in the MySQL. What I did is as follows:
- I created a new WB website in a new subdirectory with its own new database, and added the module Bakery to that, then created a product.
- Put in all the General Settings as needed, setup the PayPal, and did a trial transaction. The shipping values carried to the cart as expected.
- Then, I downloaded the whole altwb/modules/bakery directory (let's call it Dir2) to my local machine, and the same with the primary wb/modules/bakery directory (and call this one Dir1).
- I overwrote Dir1 with Dir2 except for the config.php file so that the Dir1 database details were intact.
- Cleaned the cache, tried to purchase a product, and everything worked as a fresh install should EXCEPT for the shipping value wasn't added to the final total.
- Therefore, ergo, visa-vie, I believe it's what I have in my DB tables that's the problem. I will check these out (Dir1's database versus the newer Dir2 database) and get back here.