After long and extensive testing the last RC of WebsiteBaker 2.8.2 is available. Thank you to the community for the constructive discussions!
The most discussed topic was the implementation of much needed and improved securitymechanisms. Witht he current implementation the use of the multitabbing features available in current browsers is not possible. The community released a patch in the meantime to lower the security mechanisms and implement more usability by making the use of multitabbing possible. It is our decision not to include this patch into the core since we are working on a flexible and adjustable system for future Versions of WebsiteBaker. Since the patch is available and working everybody can decide for himslef to use it or not.
Everybody is the same opinion that a 100% secure system is not possible. And that does not only apply to WebsiteBaker ... although we are striving to come as close to this target as possible.
A lot of the suggestions which the community brought up have found their way into this latest RC of WebsiteBaker. Some like they where suggested, some partly, some in a modified way which fits our planning for the future of WebsiteBaker. Best example for this is the news module, the new upgradescript and the new installer. The last one unfortunatley was not finished in time.
The absolut focus in WebsiteBaker is the simplicity and intuitivity which enables non technical persons to install and run a WebsiteBaker site. Also speed and security are part of the focus as well as flexibility to install WebsiteBaker on as many different hosting configurations as possible. Just as Ryan Djurovic has requested it when he handed over the project to us. The Enduser is and stays the primary target group for WebsiteBaker even when the system changes drastically in the code.
We'd also like to take this opportunity toask the module developers to keep their modules simple and easy to use as well as secure.
A big thank you also to the active community and their patience especially if it was not always easy to follow the thoughts of the developer team. The important bit is the result. And a view of our WebsiteBaker Website Showcase
can show you what is already possible with WebsiteBaker.
Here now an overview of the most important changes:
- JQuery updated from Version 1.6.2 to 1.8.14
- Backend JQuery implementation now in head not Body (Community)
- Folder ./admin/images has been included again, since there are still popular modules using this folder. The folder is set to deprecated and will not be included in 1.9. Please update the modules!
- ShowMenu2 with new parameter XHTML to ensure XHTML validity
- Module installation able to overwrite existing files in module, but no downgrade capabilities!
- FCKEditor upgraded to Version 2.6.6
- Themes WB and Argos have been reworked
- YUI Framework deactivated (for modules)
- Language Files have been synchronised with 2.9, new variables available
- Polish Languagefiles have been reworked
- New Installer has been included, new design and new functionality (BETA)
- New Upgrade Script which enables to upgrade from V 2.7 to 2.8.2
- Codecleanup and small bugfixes
The new package has been made available for download and testing: WebsiteBaker 2.8.2 RC
. Please test extensively and report back so that a speedy final release is possible.
|WebsiteBaker Org e.V.||Dietmar (Luisehane), Klaus (kweitzel), Ruud (Ruud)|