Author Topic: Event Calendar 1.8  (Read 51710 times)

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
    • WebsiteBaker - jQuery-Plugins - Module - Droplets - Tests
Re: Event Calendar 1.8
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 06:16:56 PM »
hi, in my css:

Code: [Select]
.mtevent{
   vertical-align: top;
   padding: 2px;
   text-align: left;
}

and it works.
http://www.dbs-rheine.de/pages/termine.php

u have a link?

dbs
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:23:54 PM by dbs »

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 08:06:12 PM »
it can be that you have some other formating for text in css which is bypassing modules css... try to look in css file..or post a demo so we can take a look.. cheers
no bb in signature

Offline marccouture

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2009, 09:45:45 PM »
hi, in my css:

.mtevent{
   vertical-align: top;
   padding: 2px;
   text-align: left;
}

and it works.
http://www.dbs-rheine.de/pages/termine.php

u have a link?

dbs

Fixed...  There was a missing text-align tag under .mtevent (I added tags under other sections, but not that one, aaargh!).

It's been a long week. LOL

Thanks for all your help, you guys rock!
Marc C.

mb1302

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2010, 09:24:29 PM »
hi,

i have already searched here and googled ... but can't find nothing about it.

Is it possible to give once a start date and have the same Event e.g. all two weeks?

regards,
Manfred

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:15:51 AM by mb1302 »

Offline mikejd

Re: Event Calendar 1.8 - date display format
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »
The date format for the listing of all events is in the form 01.04.2010. Is it possible to easily change this to, say, 1 April 2010? Maybe it is in the php date function? if so where do i make the changes?

Any help appreciated.

Mike

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2010, 03:15:38 PM »
try to find in settings or in language file date function.
no bb in signature

Offline mikejd

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »
I couldn't see anything in settings or the language file. I think it needs to be changed in the view.php file but I can't work out what needs to be changed.

Mike

Offline hillschmidt

Event Calendar 1.8c - events in a box?
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:12 AM »
Unfortunately, I couldn't find an answer for my question ... probably I'm blind but definetly a new user of WebsiteBaker  :-)

Is it possible to present this month's events in a box in the right or left box on all pages (e.g. in template andreas09) like it is possible with a simple php command for the latest news?
If so, what is the right code to be used?

Thanks in advance for all helpful hints, Andreas

Offline mikejd

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2010, 10:16:52 AM »
You could try to modify the AnyNews snippet. I think, as a start, you will need to change the database tables and fields to those for the Events. I did this for another event module but not this one.

Mike

Offline tiesy

• Wir in Wallenhorst
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »
I think you can use the "Generate Calendar"-Droplet. Look at this threat: http://www.websitebaker2.org/forum/index.php/topic,15895.0.html

I use it for my own startpage with an additional js-tooltip that works for me: http://www.wirinwallenhorst.de

[gelöscht durch Administrator]

Offline leonard0

« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2010, 02:24:42 AM »
I like this module very much, but i need help with events earlier then 2006.
I can't add events before 2006, is it even possible to do so? (maybe by modifying php code?)
Where can I find the input for these years? (the dropdownbox lists 2006 - 2014)
Or should i insert data in mySQL if it's possible?

Any help would be great!

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »
hi, make a entry for 2006, save it.
edit this entry and choose 200x ;-)
should work...

Offline leonard0

« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2010, 03:01:07 PM »
Thank you very very much!!
It works indeed, when i edit it, the combobox lists 2002-2010.
When i edit it again, the combobox lists 1998-2006 and so on..  :)

Offline mr.smith

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 01:30:07 AM »
Hi,

I'm using your calendar and I like it very much. In my opinion there is one function missing. Is it possible to link the page settings with the displayed calendar entries on the web pages?
A short explanation: I'm using two calendars at my website one for members and one for visitors. The entries of both calendars will be read out from the database but I don't want to display member appointments for visitors. Even if a member logs on then it shall display the entries. Does anyone knows a solution for it?
Thanks so far

Offline squaremaster

• 'If You Can Walk, You Can Square Dance'
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2011, 11:08:31 AM »
Hi, ich habe zwei Fragen:
1.) ich kann den Kalender nicht updaten. (1.8b3->1.8c) Meldung: "Bereits installiert" Verliere ich die Einträge wenn ich den alten Kalender deinstalliere und dann den neuen installiere? Oder gibt es eine andere Möglichkeit zum update?
2.) kann man leftarrow.gif/rightarrow.gif durch den jeweiligen Monatsnamen ersetzen? wenn ja was ist zu tun?

Vielen Dank im Vorraus für die Hilfe.
squaremaster

Hi, I have two questions:
1) I can not update the calendar. (1.8b3-> 1.8c) Message: "Already installed" Will I lose the items when I uninstall the old calendar and then the new install? Or is there another way to update?
2) is it possible  replace leftarrow.gif / rightarrow.gif with the current month name? if so what do I do?

Thanks in advance for the help.
squaremaster
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:18:14 AM by squaremaster »

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 02:08:58 PM »
@ 1) yes you lose if you uninstall...
you could edit the info.php of the module. version from 1.8b3 to 1.8b
(maybe also in the database table addons)

Offline squaremaster

• 'If You Can Walk, You Can Square Dance'
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 03:08:52 PM »
@dbs
Thank you very much!! Now I changed the version.

Can someone give me for my 2nd question answer?

promenader

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2011, 03:14:46 PM »
I think you could not have duplicate table names in db, even f you change module version..you can only overwrilte it..
no bb in signature

Offline Linger

• André Herdling - Mediengestalter aus Leidenschaft
invalid XHTML
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2011, 03:09:28 PM »
Hello community,

i noticed a little "bug" in view.php causing the module to generate invalid code on the frontend:
The output of the event description is enclosed in paragraph tags (<p></p>) on line 444:
(...) <p>".$result['event_longdesc']."</p> (...)This 'event_longdesc' itself is written in the backend using the wysiwyg editor and so the entered text is also enclosed in paragraph tags. During the output this text with p-tags (from editor) is enclosed in another p-tags (from view.php) and the result is no valid XHTML.

I removed the p-tags from view.php and everything is fine.
This is just a inspiration for upcoming versions of the module.

Thank you for your great work!

Beste regards
André
http://www.andreherdling.de
Mediengestalter aus Leidenschaft

Offline Nicky

« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2011, 08:32:59 PM »
Hi WB,

I'm using Event Calendar v1.8 in a 2.7 production site in FR-FR. No problem at all - a very good addon.

I have looked at that module's pages and I am not sure exactly what to change because the term DESC may mean "description" or "descending".  

1) Which page do I need to edit to change the date direction in the, "listing of all events" from oldest date first to newest date first ?

2) Also shown, are the "next" / "previous" month arrows. No problems there, but the link hover help shows the month prefix in EN-EN. Which page do I edit to change the php date from "M" to "m" ?

(22:08 UPDATE!  I have just found the answer to 2) which is by editing the view.php file. Open it and search for the expression rightarrow and leftarrow and in both lines change both capital letter M to lowercase m)  I'm still no further forward with 1) though...  

Thanks in advance
Nicky
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:12:33 PM by Nicky »

Offline pcwacht

• Dutch ICT info
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2011, 10:51:23 PM »
Don't know the module, but DESC inall capitals is mostly used for database query's
Does the line it ich it stands look something like :
SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."something WHERE something = something ORDER BY field DESC ?
If so, that's the DESC you'll need to change to ASC
Here the desc is used for descending.

And remember, if you do change ONE thing at a time you can easy unchange it.
For easy changing without getting permissions hassles use adonfileeditor module.

Good luck,
John
http://www.ictwacht.nl = Dutch ICT info
http://www.pcwacht.nl = My first
both still work in progress, since years.....

Offline Nicky

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2011, 01:57:47 PM »
Hi John

Thanks. I searched this module's pages and found only one entry in a page called search.php (line 41). I changed DESC to ASC (and even tried ASCE) but it made no difference. Whilst Line 41 was saved as ASC, I added a brand-new test event but no change in the default ordering of "oldest event first / latest event last".

Maybe there is another DESC I need to change but I can't find it! So still working on a solution to getting the most recent event to the top of the list of all events in Event Calendar v1.8 in WB 2.7

(The reason that this issue is important to me is that this particular calendar's events items goes back to 2008 and I would like all the old actioned entries to be at the bottom of that list rather than at the top.)

Offline pcwacht

• Dutch ICT info
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2011, 09:37:52 PM »
You can undo the change in search.php, search.php is a file wich is included in the wb search routine.
You need to look at view.php, the file wb includes when viewing a page

To help you I downloaded de latest version, 1.8c from amasp

Open view.php, line 135 read:
$query_dates = $database->query("SELECT * FROM `".TABLE_PREFIX."mod_event_dates` WHERE `section_id` = '$section_id' && (`date` = '$today' or `date` = '$todayyearly')");

There is no sort defined here, so we will add one:
$query_dates = $database->query("SELECT * FROM `".TABLE_PREFIX."mod_event_dates` WHERE `section_id` = '$section_id' && (`date` = '$today' or `date` = '$todayyearly') ORDER BY date DESC ");

Note the addition of ORDER BY date DESC wich tells MYSQL to sort the results based on the content of the field date
Could be the DESC needs to be ASC (ASC = Ascending, DESC = Descending), I think it should be DESC since ASC is default sortorder.

There is allso a simular query at line 243:
$query_dates = $database->query("SELECT * FROM `".TABLE_PREFIX."mod_event_dates` WHERE `section_id` = '$section_id' && (`date` = '$currentdate' or `date` = '$currentdateyearly' )");
There is no sort defined here, so we will add one:
$query_dates = $database->query("SELECT * FROM `".TABLE_PREFIX."mod_event_dates` WHERE `section_id` = '$section_id' && (`date` = '$currentdate' or `date` = '$currentdateyearly' ) ORDER BY date DESC ");

Line 400:
$query_dates = $database->query("SELECT * FROM `".TABLE_PREFIX."mod_event_dates` WHERE `section_id` = '$section_id' order by date");
There is a sort, but no ASC or DESC
$query_dates = $database->query("SELECT * FROM `".TABLE_PREFIX."mod_event_dates` WHERE `section_id` = '$section_id' ORDER BY date DESC");
Mysql doesn't care if order by is in capitals or not, though it is common to make SQL commands in capitals.

These are all the related queries I could find in view.php.

NOTE!!
Before editing a file make sure you have a copy!!

Didn't test it, but it should work.

Have fun,
John
http://www.ictwacht.nl = Dutch ICT info
http://www.pcwacht.nl = My first
both still work in progress, since years.....

Offline Nicky

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »
Wow!

Thanks for your extensive help John.

I shall have a go at this tomorrow because today at 22:00 is too late for me to concentrate properly.

Just a thought for any further development of Event Calendar v1.8, perhaps the developers might think about a settings-switch to select the date order of historical events. Only because, when there are hundreds of calendar events, it might be useful to look at recent events at a glance rather than paging-down to them.

The best, Nicky. 

Offline Nicky

« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2011, 06:48:57 PM »
John

You are a bl**dy genius  :-D

If there is something I can do perhaps, proofing some EN-text or whatever, just let me know.

Nicky