Author Topic: Event Calendar 1.8  (Read 52518 times)

Offline crnogorac081

Re: Event Calendar 1.8
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2008, 10:24:34 PM »
The module is GREAT!!!!

I just have one question: my server is few hours in distance from my country, so righ now here is 22:00h and first box shows me events for tomorrow ???? I tried changeing Time zone in the Settings and it is not helping ????

Should it be this way or what ?

------------------------------------- UPDATE-------------------------------

I have a proposal for update: Can you add the button for internal links ( Like add/edit WB links in WYSIWYG editor) ?

Also another question: How can I display on one page todays event and on other montlhy events, from the same event list ?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 12:53:19 AM by crnogorac081 »
no bb in signature

Offline tiesy

• Wir in Wallenhorst
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 11:46:54 PM »
Hi,

does anyone have a snippet for code-sections to display upcoming events from this calendar like anynews? There are snippets for the standard-calendar-module, but can´t find something that works for this module.

Offline marathoner

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 07:04:37 PM »
does anyone have a snippet for code-sections to display upcoming events from this calendar like anynews? There are snippets for the standard-calendar-module, but can´t find something that works for this module.
Just modify the anynews snippet to get the data from the table used by this module and the fields/parameters that you want to query.

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 08:50:26 PM »
Hi all,

please see the attachment... I have a problem as I have multiple events in one day..and now the links for more info are not aligned with event name...   Is it possible to to fix this bug to align them next to their event ???

Thanks

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
no bb in signature

Offline thdrummer

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2009, 11:43:08 AM »
Just modify the anynews snippet to get the data from the table used by this module and the fields/parameters that you want to query.

Can you please tell me how to modify the anynews snippet? I'm sorry, I don't get it...
Or can anybody who successfully edited anynews help me with that? I absolutely don't know where the name of the database is written...

Thakns a lot for your help!!!

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 07:16:50 PM »
refresh :)
no bb in signature

Offline thdrummer

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 09:44:05 PM »

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2009, 08:43:29 AM »
just refreshing thread.... I think there is no support for this module :(((
no bb in signature

Offline kweitzel

• WebsiteBaker Org e.V.
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 09:06:41 AM »
I think it is due to the settings in the module. Have a look in the settings for the table created and modify the output to your liking / requirements.

cheers

Klaus

michap

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2009, 12:16:35 PM »
Hi,

I would like to add a timecode to my events. Is it possible to add this feature in the next great event calender update?!

regards
Micha

Offline Bramus

• BRAMUS Internet Services
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2009, 02:41:42 PM »
I added a new date code for the month / year / all view. In The Netherlands (and i think also Belgium) we use often 31-12-2009 (month - day - year). This was no option till now. I added this into the settings and view file, maybe Matthias or some one can take a look and update 1.8c to 1.8d with this function for Dutch people that use this module or even other people that use this date notification.

Have tested it only on the View All and it is working as far as i noticed. Attached the zip file.

BRAMUS Internet Services

Offline Luckyluke

• Let's Rock
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2009, 08:21:48 PM »
In The Netherlands (and i think also Belgium) we use often 31-12-2009 (month - day - year). 

Bram,

You mean (day - month - year) for 31-12-2009. And yes, we use the same format in Belgium.
And just for the record: in Belgium and The Netherlands we use a calendar with the days in horizontal format. Not vertical like in the Calendar module. So, the names of the day are located at the top, not the left. Also, we start the week with a monday. Not sunday.
If you want a picture, look here at AMASP. In the picture of the Calendar module it's wrong for BE and NL (located in the middle below the page). The calendar located at the left in the second box, there is's perfect.
I'm sorry this was a bit offtopic but maybe something for the coders to add a choice of calendar view: horizontal or vertical and a starting day for the week...

Grtz,
Luc

Offline Bramus

• BRAMUS Internet Services
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 12:01:25 PM »
Luc,

You are right (day - month - year).

And notice this module is NOT te same one as the calender module you gave in your post, i think you should contact the author of that module.

I only edited the EVENT CALENDER module for Dutch date layouts cause i used it in one of my sites. So i thought lets make this public for the dutch users ;)

Bram
BRAMUS Internet Services

Offline D72

« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 08:20:49 PM »
Hello,

I like event calendar... but i do kinda miss some options.
I have tried myself to hardcode some extra input fields, but unfortunately without any succeeding.
I use the calendar for a gig listing. Simply to add gigs of a music band.
Right now it looks that the client have to add custom/extra information by hand in the editor.
But i rather would see that i could add some custom fields they have to fill.
At the moment it's only possible to fill the 'Event' and a link to a website.
Are there any hacks or simply a way to make some extra fields?
I really would like to have extra fields like, Place, Venue, Line-up, Time-table.

Is it also possible to add a weblink without http://
I know there's an example next to the field how to fill the url.
But clients... they are lazy sometimes or forget to add the full address. So i was wondering if an url without http:// could be rendered to a working  link.
I've mentioned this somewhere else in the WB admin too.

gr
Dave

schwarz-plan

« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »
hello,

thank you for this nice modul. i would like to know if it´s possible to have a short list of all events shown on your hp and if you klick at an event to show a detailed view with the description and a photo, something similar like the modul mycalendar? my problem is if you have a detailed view of the monthly events with description and photos it works, but it´s a bit long to scroll down to the end to view the whole list. so i would like to have a short list and a detailed view of one event only if you klick on it. does some extra code already exist somewhere?

thanks

WebBird

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 12:41:21 PM »
I'd love to have an option to add repeated events. ("Every first friday in month") :-D

gilly

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2009, 04:55:39 AM »
I have discovered what might be a slight bug in this module.

I recently generated a sitemap of my site, and included page entries for every month of the year up until 2026!
So the calendar must create all these blank pages for every month, even if they have no events.

Would this be a problem for search engines like Google, if it is reading an xml sitemap that has over 200 blank pages in it?

Offline lausianne

• Webdesign Burgdorf
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 05:23:13 PM »
Hi,

I just had some strange effects on a page using the event calendar. Eventually I found that the problem was in the calendar options:

Text in the footer field is cut after 119 characters. Like that it cut a </div> in my footer and messed my page up ...

Bug, feature, or my fault?

Cheers,
Ralf.

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 05:32:12 PM »
in install.php you have this code:

Code: [Select]
$mod_event = 'CREATE TABLE `'.TABLE_PREFIX.'mod_event_settings` ('
    . ' `page_id` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT \'0\','
    . ' `section_id` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT \'0\','
    . ' `evheader` VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT \'\' ,'
    . ' `evfooter` VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT \'\' ,'            ---------- YOU HAVE 128 CHARACTERS FOR  FIELD !!!!!
    . ' `event_msg` VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT \'\' ,'
    . ' `noevents_msg` VARCHAR(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT \'\' ,'
    . ' `todayevent` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT \'0\','
    . ' `monthevent` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT \'0\','
    . ' `showalldata` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT \'0\','
    . ' `date_view` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT \'0\','
    . ' PRIMARY KEY  (`section_id`)'
    . ' );';
$database->query($mod_event);

So you can change these settings in your DB :)

cheers
no bb in signature

Offline lausianne

• Webdesign Burgdorf
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 11:07:33 PM »
that was enlightening, thanks! Will try tomorrow.
Good night ...

Offline lausianne

• Webdesign Burgdorf
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 08:10:28 AM »
So, I didn't try yesterday, but only today. Works. Simple enough. It would be even simpler though, if the settings were a bit higher from the start. I don't think MySQL will collapse if the variables take 256 bytes instead of 128 ...
128 are easily reached, especially if an href is added to the footer, for example.

Anyway, works fine now. Thanks!

Cheers,
Ralf.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:13:59 PM by lausianne »

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 12:53:51 PM »
Hi Ralf,

Im glad it works :)

I am not creator so I can not "officialy" edit the module, except to give advice to others how to :)

cheers
no bb in signature

Offline marccouture

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 04:41:58 PM »
I may have missed this somewhere in this thread, but I am having problems with text alignment in the module's CSS.  I want to align all events to the left (instead of having them centered by default), this works fine under Firefox but IE ignores the text-align: left; tag (under .tdevent).  Any ideas are appreciated... 
Marc C.

Offline lausianne

• Webdesign Burgdorf
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »
Hi Marc,

that "should be" a rather simple css setting.

I use tr {text-align:left;} in my template screen.css, not overwritten by module settings - works fine in all browsers.

Do you have a link to a page to look at? With the ie developer tools it should be possible to see which css element overwrites your alignment and centers your text.

Cheers, Ralf.

Offline marccouture

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 06:08:34 PM »
Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't work...

1st screenshot: under Firefox 3.5
2nd screenshot: under IE7

I want to align the event text to the left (in this example, the "test" entry).

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Marc C.