Author Topic: Documentation on Database structure?  (Read 6833 times)

nvisioncurtis

Documentation on Database structure?
« on: February 21, 2008, 05:15:40 AM »
Hi ,

First,  I love the simplicity of the website Baker CMS backend.  Very straight forward. Great functionality.

I wish to better understand the inner workings of the CMS's SQL, core code, and key concepts. Most of the documentation I see is on how to use, design for, or administer the CMS.

Is there documentation that might better explain the major concepts on the programming?

For instance,
 - why are files and directories made for every page when the data resides in the datrabase?
 - while most of the SQL schema is obvious - there are some tables i don't understand.

Thanks,

Curtis

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
Re: Documentation on Database structure?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:02:03 AM »
Hello,

For instance,
 - why are files and directories made for every page when the data resides in the datrabase?

-the plus of this is to have nice urls on every server.
- the minus are safe_mode restrictions.

You may say that nice urls can be also reached by mod_rewrite using .htaccess, but this can only be used on servers where .htaccess is allowed. Using files works on every server, except safe_mode on servers.

Matthias

nvisioncurtis

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 03:52:48 PM »
OK, I get it; seems like a lot of extra work for nice looking URLS.

I would still like to get a better understanding of the framework.  I'll keep hunting around.

Thanks,

C.

humayoo

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 11:46:48 AM »
hi all,

where can i find this documentation on database structure? can you forward link to us.

thansk