Author Topic: My client wb user manual - it might be of some use to you  (Read 9657 times)

Offline sparkdigital

• Once a baker, always a baker!
    • romantic hotels
My client wb user manual - it might be of some use to you
« on: October 03, 2007, 12:57:10 PM »
Hi,

I've just completed the first section of a basic wb user manual that I hand out to my clients - it might be of some use to you. So far it is 7 pages including screenshots, I've covered Logging in, amending copy on an existing page, inserting a link into the copy and how to add an image.

I will shortly include How to add a page and sorting page order etc. It's written with users in mind who have no experience using a CMS so it's pretty bullet proof. Any suggestions welcome!

http://www.sparkdigital.co.uk/downloads/Website_Baker_CMS_User_Manual.doc

Konrad

Offline DGEC

• EbelTech homepage
Re: My client wb user manual - it might be of some use to you
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 03:18:42 PM »
Did you see Ryan's "WB Official "Content Managers Guide" in this section?
http://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,6113.0.html

Yours looks a bit simpler for the users, but I think there have been a couple other attempts in the last while. Not to say this is redundant or not suitable for your purposes!  I mean, they might have some ideas you could use/imitate/steal  :wink:

Also, if I were you, I'd only give out a PDF. Far too many viruses in Word to be safe to be sending around a doc file, and you might get blamed and/or infected. I was a little nervous trying to open the file from here myself.
While there methods that users can and should use to protect themselves, a PDF makes it easier all around.

Offline sparkdigital

• romantic hotels
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 03:26:20 PM »
Ecellent, thanks for your reply - I will use some of the info there to add to my manual.

I used the word format so that everyone could easily alter it to suit their needs but for those wary of it, here's the pdf:

http://www.sparkdigital.co.uk/downloads/Website_Baker_CMS_User_Manual.pdf

Thanks,

Konrad

Offline DGEC

• EbelTech homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 04:43:18 PM »
The ability to edit is great, naturally. I was mostly thinking about giving to end users - having both available is the best option!

Offline DGEC

• EbelTech homepage
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 02:30:47 PM »
Oops, just remembered one other thing of note.

Cutting and pasting from a local document into the webpage editor only works "out of the box" in IE. In Firefox I could not paste to the pages, unless you configure that site to accept it.

doc

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 11:36:35 AM »
Hello,

in the case you need some more information to hand over to your clients, have a look on the download section on the help site.

Regards Christian

heth

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 03:19:04 AM »
the pdf seems to be unreadable and the word version has been removed from the server.

I'd be very interested in looking at it if you can make it available again

Offline sparkdigital

• romantic hotels

postern-length