WebsiteBaker Support (2.12.x) > General Help & Support

Usergroups suddenly DEAD

(1/2) > >>

Legaziofunk:
I am the admin of a site and set up a group in "user groups" (sorry, I am using the GERMAN version, could be, I am using wrong terms, but I hope, you get what I mean… ;-) ) called Admins, since I wanted to give two other users - almost - full access.

This happened in Nov. last year.

Suddenly, these users can't access other options than their profile settings.

I swear, I didn't do anything!

To solve this, I set up a second group, called "moderators" with slightly less empowerment.
But the very users could not access other options, such as editing pages, than their profiles.

Did anybody have a similar incident?

Legaziofunk:
Addendum:

I tried now to delete all users and all groups.

Funny thing: although both users were still in the "Administrator" (the first one, I set up), this Admin-Group does NOT show up in the Group-option where you can modify the settings for each group by selecting the group in the drop down menu.

also, after I deleted both users individually and THEN wanted to also delete the Moderator-group (the second one I set up to soive the initial problem), an error occurred: group "Moderators" could not be deleted because there is still one member in that group.

But when I turn to "administrate USERS" there is NO user left who could be in ANY group.
(and it can't be me, since I tried to delete the moderator group, which I set up - and I am the master admin)

I am confused and help would be much appreciated.

Legaziofunk:
Next thing:

After deleting - or better: trying to delete - everything as stated above, I wanted to reinstall the users by using their old log-in names, since they were deleted.

But with the first user, WB denied doing this, since it said: the login name is already in use!

WHY?

Sounds to me like a problem with the database.

Any clues?

- Okay, I just found that users at first are just put on "disabled" - and AFTER that they need to be shown and then can be DELETED.

still: the Administrator-Group is still showing, when I wanted to set up a new user. But I can not delete in the group settings.

Legaziofunk:
Here is the crucial issue in pictures:

Users don't see the editing option in the sites.

Also, attached you find the settings I used for that very group.

Did I choose the wrong settings?

dbs:
Hi, why you write your problem in english?

In user groups in advanced settings (button is bottom) you can set the rights more accurate. Maybe some important checkboxes are empty?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version