WebsiteBaker Support (2.12.x) > General Help & Support

Upgrade from 2.7 to 8.3 then 2.12.2 ends with multiude of problems

(1/4) > >>

kerryww:
I'm using PHP 7.3.26 on a Dreamhost shared account. MySQL database. Site: http://www.rail2trail.org

I first attempted to upgrade from WB2.7 to 8.3 but ended up with a blank page. I then attempted to upgrade to  2.12.2 using the unzip.php method.

I can login to the Admin panel. When I do, I'm taken to the Admin panel with "The upgrade script could not start automatically. Please click on this link to start the script!"

When I click on the link to start the script, I'm taken to a page with which says:  WebsiteBaker Upgrade
It is not possible to upgrade from WebsiteBaker Versions before 2.8.3. To upgrade to version 2.12.2 you must first upgrade to v2.8.3 at least!

I've tried reinstalling both versions using the unzip.php script 2 or 3 times but keep getting taken back to the same page when I try to upgrade.

The Admin panel shows WB-Version 2.12.2 r379. But when I login to the MySQL database it shows WB 2.7.

When I go to http://www.rail2trail.org/pages/home.php or any page on the site the text and images are missing and I get the show_menu error. I've read about this problem but I'm somewhat confused on how to solve it. I've tried to install  the show_menu2 module but get the following error: [201] Update for show_menu2 [Module] show_menu2 v4.10.0 not possible.

Everything appears OK in the Admin panel but when I try to add a page I get the following error: Unknown column 'page_icon' in 'field list'

I'm not sure where to start in solving all the problems.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

dbs:
Hello, it seems that the upgrade to 2.8.3 was not successful. The rest are follow-up problems.
If you can go back to 2.7 and try the upgrade to 2.8.3 again.

kerryww:
Hi, thanks for the feedback. I could probably find a copy of WB2.7 somewhere, but the problem still remains that PHP7.3 and higher is all I have access to using the Dreamhost shared acct. the site runs on. The reason I tried to upgrade to WB 2.8.3 was that Dreamhost are now charging extra to run sites on PHP versions less than 7.3.

dbs:
The problem is, you are to late.
You have to make the website new.

Or you take the PHP5.3 option for a short time. You need it to upgrade to WB 2.8.3

Or you have a portable server with PHP5.6.
Here you could import your website and upgrade to WB 2.8.3.
Then you need PHP7.3 and upgrade to WB 2.12.2 or 2.13

kerryww:

--- Quote from: dbs on March 03, 2021, 11:41:33 AM ---The problem is, you are to late.
You have to make the website new.

Or you take the PHP5.3 option for a short time. You need it to upgrade to WB 2.8.3

Or you have a portable server with PHP5.6.
Here you could import your website and upgrade to WB 2.8.3.
Then you need PHP7.3 and upgrade to WB 2.12.2 or 2.13

--- End quote ---

I uploaded a backup copy of my site to my Mint desktop with LAMP installed. I downgraded PHP to 5.6.

WSB connected to the remote database on the Dreamhost DB server and ran the site, although a little slow due to the remote DB connection.

I tried to update from WSB vs 2.7 to 2.8.3 using the unzip.php method. I got the error-
You have a outdated version of PHP (5.6.40-47+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1)
Please contact your Provider for update to 7.4.x or higher

So I copied the files over manually. Now when I start the upgrade-script it freezes on Install droplets as shown below.

WebsiteBaker Upgrade
This script upgrades an existing WebsiteBaker Version 2.7 installation to the Version 2.8.3 Revision [1611] .
The upgrade script alters the existing WB database to reflect the changes introduced with WB 2.8.x
Step 2 : Updating database entries
Adding default_theme to settings table
Install droplets

Although the upgrade freezes the site still loads correctly. Ive tried a few times running the upgrade script but it always freezes on Install droplets.

I also copied the site over to it's place (http://www.rail2trail.org) on the Dreamhost server but now getting the error:-
There was an unknown exception: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in line (59) of (/framework/class.database.php)

I've checked and checked again the config.php file, but all is correct. I've never made any changes to it. The connection works fine on a remote connection, but fails to connect when the two servers are next to each other.

No matter which way I turn there's no love!

Thanks for any suggestion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version