WebsiteBaker Support (2.12.x) > General Help & Support

Search for different variations of characters (a, á, à...)

<< < (2/5) > >>

crnogorac081:
Here is code, test it on some hidden page.. main bakery items table must be utf-8

cheers
I.

crnogorac081:
Someone test pls

svsanchez:
Hello, I downloaded the bakery_search.zip file and unzipped it on my hard drive. I was expecting some code to add or change to one of the search files, but there 11 files so I'm confused:

- Do I have to upload all those 11 files?
- If yes, do they replace the files on /modules/bakery?
- Or do I have to upload he zip as a module?

Thank you!

Gast:
bakery search test is a "stand alone module" - install it as a new module

add in the top of your shop page a (globale) section with this module, as result, you get a special search field. this module works with bootstrap and use also font-awesome.
It is very important, that the databasetable "mod_bakery_items"  with the item informations is formated with utf8, other charsets will not work

i'm not a bootstrap-user ( i work with w3css), so i've to change anything, but i see and test it on the live page from crnogorac081 and it works brilliant  (Y)

svsanchez:
Hello all, I wasn't able to work on this previously but I'm back on it.

As suggested, I changed the mod_bakery_items table to utf8_unicode_ci and installed the bakery_search_test module on my site.

I created a test page with the module at: https://www.distribuidoraalcance.com/pages/test.php

The search field appears, but nothing happens when I try to search for anything. There's also no "Search" button.

Also, Crnogorac081's page shows the search results in a dropdown, but I need to show them in the "normal" search results page.

What else do I have to do to achieve this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version