Author Topic: PHP Error message  (Read 397 times)

Offline mikejd

PHP Error message
« on: March 15, 2019, 01:08:30 PM »
I have a web site, set up in 2015, which is running well but I have been advised by the host provider, 1 & 1 Internet, that they will no longer be providing free support to PHP 5.6. To continue with this I would need to pay extra for support. I tried to change the PHP version from 5.6 to 7.2 and then, when I try to open the site I get an error message:

"There was an unknown exception: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in line (59) of (/framework/class.database.php)"

I can change it back to 5.6 and it works again. But what do I need to do to prevent this and allow the later version of PHP?

I am presently using WB 2.8.3 SP1 revision 1638. Do I need to upgrade to WB 2.10 or higher to overcome this problem? Can I do this in one upgrade or do I need to go via another version first?

Offline hgs

• Betatester
    • EFG MG
Re: PHP Error message
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:18:00 PM »
If you don't use old modules, you can immediately update to the current WB version 2.12.1.
LG Harald

"Fange nie an, aufzuhören - höre nie auf, anzufangen." Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 v.Chr.)

Offline mikejd

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 05:36:32 PM »
I do have additional modules installed but not necessarily currently in use. Without trying to check out all, would it be easiest to upgrade to 2.12.1 and see what doesn't work?

Offline hgs

• Betatester
    • EFG MG
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 06:29:10 PM »
Important is a backup of the website and the database.
This allows you to restore the current state over and over again.

When everything is backed up, you can upgrade to the new version and test what is still possible.
LG Harald

"Fange nie an, aufzuhören - höre nie auf, anzufangen." Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 v.Chr.)

Offline mikejd

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 03:40:35 PM »
Thanks. I'll give it a try next week.

Offline jacobi22

• Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 04:09:31 PM »
Problem in this case is, that PHP not longer support the old mysql_xxx stuff, everything has to change to mysqli

if possible, make a mirror of this page on a place, where you can change to PHP-Version without sideeffects to your public project

the error message show, that you use at least one module with the old and not-working code "mysql_connect" for the actual frontend-output. It's also possible, to start a globale search in the module folder for this keyword "mysql_connect". Maybe a next problem ist "mysql_error" - but then, in the same modules
P.S.: you found "mysql_connect" maybe also in other folders like /admin, but it's solved after the upgrade

take also a look into the addon area, maybe, you found there a Upgrade for this modules

maybe you can post a exact anonymised error message, there is the name of the addon and the file, where the error come's from
Wer nicht will, findet Gründe, wer will, findet Wege.

Offline DanBaker

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 02:29:18 PM »
Send me a private message maybe I can be able to help you

postern-length