WebsiteBaker Support (2.8.x) > Modules

OneForAll deletes its own page

(1/6) > >>

CodeALot:
On several sites using OneForAll I noticed that, for reasons unknown to me, the 'source'page where the OFA-module resides, can disappear if the user (admin/editor) does "something" wrong. What they do, I don't know. All I know is that the pagefile disappears and that is annoying.

So what do I mean?

* OFA is the only section on page "Example"
* On the webserver, there is a file called /pages/example.php
* If the admin or any other editor adds a record/item to the OFA module and does "something" wrong (NO idea what, I can't reproduce the error) the file /pages/example.php is deleted.
* To solve this, I have to go into SFTP and copy the file again from my local backup.
What can I do to prevent this from happening? Can I 'lock' the file using read/write rights? This file never needs to be edited anyway, so why not "glue" it into place?

dbs:
Which old version of OFA you use?
The latest version from Add-ons Repo don't do this.

Ruud:
I used v 1.0.9 a lot and have seen the same problem. It sometimes happens whenever a new item is created.
I also could not reproduce the problem, but the simpel fix to restore the overviewpage is to go into the settings of that page and click the "save" button.

CodeALot:

--- Quote from: Ruud on February 12, 2019, 04:20:58 PM ---but the simpel fix to restore the overviewpage is to go into the settings of that page and click the "save" button.

--- End quote ---
Ah that's a good one :)

CodeALot:

--- Quote from: dbs on February 12, 2019, 04:02:56 PM ---Which old version of OFA you use?
The latest version from Add-ons Repo don't do this.

--- End quote ---
It's not the latest version, but because many modifications were made (not in the modify-scripts but in the viewing scripts) upgrading is not an option. I was mostly wondering how this could be happening and what could be done to prevent it.

info.php claims it's 1.0.9

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version