WebsiteBaker Support (2.10.x) > General Help & Support

Changing the PAGES folder

(1/1)

svsanchez:
Hello,

I used to change the pages folder in WB 2.8.x without problem but now with 2.10.x the option is grayed out. I found a post saying that it is NOT possible to change the pages folder once there is content created.

However, I MUST change the pages folder and would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me a workaround maybe via phpmyadmin?

The reason for this is that I installed WB on a subdomain with php 7 (the rest of the server is still using php 5.6). The subdomain is only a small part (about 100 pages) of a very large site with more than 100,000 pages. The whole site uses the same Google Analytics, and instead of looking at individual pages statisticis, we need to look at the new section's performance by searching for the folder name in Google Analytics.

But since there are other WB instances installed for managing other sections, it's impossible for us to see the visits to the newly created section, as searching for 'pages' will show results from all the sections using WB as it's CMS!

So by changing the 'pages' folder to 'guerra' we can see the visits to the whole new section.

Thank you!

dbs:
Hi, remove the files in the pages folder for short time and change the directory like you want.
Then add the pages again.

Gast:

--- Quote ---However, I MUST change the pages folder and would greatly appreciate if someone could tell me a workaround maybe via phpmyadmin?
--- End quote ---

to give here an answer...
the correct table is  settings, maybe with your table-prefix (default is wb_settings), if you use one. sort fields by name and search for pages_directory

but..... after that, you have to rename the folder and copy the files

the way from dbs is very simple and you dont need PHPmyAdmin.

Ruud:

--- Quote from: svsanchez on February 09, 2019, 08:10:24 PM ---The whole site uses the same Google Analytics, and instead of looking at individual pages statisticis, we need to look at the new section's performance by searching for the folder name in Google Analytics.

--- End quote ---
Wouldn't it be more logical to use a GA custom category in the template of that sub-site/section (and other sections)?
A seperate WB instance uses a seperate template and therefore the GA code could have seperate configs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version