WebsiteBaker Support (2.10.x) > Modules

MiniHero Banner (0.4) and HTML5 code: conflicts

(1/3) > >>

Legaziofunk:
Hi there,

I am using "min hero banner v 0.4" and it worked great for me! So far, I may add... ;-)

Recently, I tried to set the switches in WB 2.12.1 so I could use a HTML 5 term <details> (and <summary> which belongs to it) https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_details_open.asp

It basically makes a line of text to roll down more text when being clicked on, a bit like a roll-down menu.
This expanding text, of course, needs more space within the section the details-tag is used in.
When you click the tagged line, the line expands and the formerly hidden text shows up - supposedly pushing down everyhting below it, hence, expanding the section.

The site I work on (www.kloss.biz) uses sections of WYSIWIG editor and minihero alternatingly.

BUT: Only on mobile devices, the aforementioned expansion of the very section (!) you'd be clickin on the "details"-line happens.
On the laptop computer, expanding text ist shifiting over the MiniHero section - and can not be read anylonger since the Minihero holds dark images.

Of course, the solution can not be inserting lighter pics.
But I guess, solution lies within MiniHero.... or am I wrong?

I'd appreciate any hints oder advise.

Cheers!

crnogorac081:
What is exact problem i dont understand ?

Ruud:
I see the problem, but there will be no easy fix.

Minihero (when used wih parallax) is using absolute positioning to set te background in the correct place and make the text slide over it.
The method used will change positioning of the rest of the page without any resize triggering, so the parallax javascript will not know.

You should also ask yourself if you really want to use this details/sumary method. It is not supported by Internet Explorer or Edge.

Apart from that.
If you are resizing the content with MiniHero below the content you should not use the parallax effect. Without that effect it will work fine.

hgs:
Hast du schon mal das Modul Accordion versucht?

Have you ever tried the Accordion module?

Legaziofunk:

--- Quote from: Ruud on February 04, 2019, 10:23:07 PM ---I see the problem, but there will be no easy fix.

Minihero (when used wih parallax) is using absolute positioning to set te background in the correct place and make the text slide over it.
The method used will change positioning of the rest of the page without any resize triggering, so the parallax javascript will not know.

--- End quote ---

Thanx. I believe to understand the principle your're talking about.
So, maybe a dumb question, but when Minihere is using absolute positioning, wouldn't relative positioning solve the issue and make Minihero more adaptable to being used in WB?

Furthermore:
Does this mean, any (!) expanding module or HTML tag would push the text over the Minihero paarallex section?
It does so with the below mentioned Accordion module... hence, this ain't no solution either.

Also, just for the matter of completion: If all sections are opened/expanded in the first place, contraction of these sections then pulls all the text up (e.g. a Minihero Header will then be pulled out of MH-section and into the WYSIWYG section - over a then produced grey area.

Check out the test page: http://kloss.biz/pages/home/unterseite.php

--- Quote ---You should also ask yourself if you really want to use this details/sumary method. It is not supported by Internet Explorer or Edge.
--- End quote ---

Thanx again. I was/am aware of this. But I didn't care, since I was looking for a sleek design. Everone who is still using IE has bad luck... LOL

--- Quote ---If you are resizing the content with MiniHero below the content you should not use the parallax effect. Without that effect it will work fine.
--- End quote ---

This one, I frankly do not understand. "Resizing content below the content" -  what do you mean?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version