WebsiteBaker Support (2.11.x) > General Help & Support

New install not going to site

(1/3) > >>

richwingerter:
My ISP provided hosting and I have a place for my site, which includes a public_html directory where I installed WB 2.8. This operates normally and I can open it up and it displays the home page.

I wanted to upgrade and they provided a separate directory, testing, to put it in. I downloaded the 2.11 installation package (WebsiteBaker-2_11_0_r79_incl_Fix.tar.gz) and installed it. However, I didn't get to it right away, and now I want to go back and develop.

However, when I log into the site (https://testing.greenmaking.com), it doesn't bring up the site. It just posts the "Website Under Construction" screen. I have a config.php file in testing that says (in part):

<?php
/*
 *** auto generated config file for 2.11.0
 *** WebsiteBaker upgrade from 2.10.0 to 2.11.0
 *** created at 2018-05-10 06:00:10 America/Los_Angeles
 */
// define('DEBUG', false);
define('DB_TYPE',         'mysqli');
define('DB_HOST',         'actual DB host here');
define('DB_PORT',         '3306');
define('DB_NAME',         'actual DB name here');
define('DB_USERNAME',     'actual username here');
define('DB_PASSWORD',     'actual password here');
define('DB_CHARSET',      'utf8_unicode_ci');
define('TABLE_PREFIX',    'wb_');
define('WB_URL',          'https://testing.greenmaking.com'); // no trailing slash or backslash!!
define('ADMIN_DIRECTORY', 'admin'); // no leading/trailing slash or backslash!! A simple directory name only!!
//define('ADMIN_URL',          'https://testing.greenmaking.com/admin/start'); // no trailing slash or backslash!!
require_once __DIR__.'/framework/initialize.php';
// --- end of file ----------------------------------

Why do you think it is going to the under-construction screen instead of the home page of my site?

Thanks for hints!

dbs:
Hello, a "under construction" page after a fresh install means there are no pages created. In case of no pages WB can't show something, therefore WB provide a under construction message.

I can't visit your https page because of invalid security certificate of your domain.

richwingerter:
Yes. I haven't installed the certificate, yet, but you can click the buttons to add an exception, and then it will go on to the site. ("Advanced", "Add Exception", "Confirm Security Exception" or the equivalent, depending on the browser.)

So, what would be the normal way to add pages? I don't see any link to go to the Administrator or log in.

Thank you for your comment!

Gast:
your last question at first

--- Quote ---So, what would be the normal way to add pages? I don't see any link to go to the Administrator or log in.
--- End quote ---

Looks at the moment, that the certificate is not active, so try it with the simple http or set this adress as exception
here the link without https:   http://testing.greenmaking.com/admin/

if you want to have a test version without to destroy the original, follw the next steps:

did i understand correct: you have the version 2.8 on the server and 2.11.x on the same server in a subfolder?

best method for me:
- make a copy of the database backup from vers 2.8
- open this copy with a editor like notepad++ etc
- search now for the used table-prefix, you see it in the config.php from vers 2.8, default is the prefix "wb_" - use here not the old prefix from 2.8 and also not the prefix from 2.11
- search and replace the "old " table-prefix with a new one, but dont use any batch function from the editor like "replace all" - do it step by step
- replace only table prefix in connection with the words INSERT INTO ´wb_  or CREATE TABLE `wb_ - - replace in the green marked search string the default prefix with your real prefix

after this job, save this SQL-File with a new name, go into your database administration (maybe PHPmyAdmin) and import there this file into your database.

now go into PHPmyadmin etc to the settings table from your import (this with the new prefix and rename this table with a additional _old in the name (see OPERATION-Tab)
then search the settings-table from vers 2.11, default name is wb_setings, activate this this table in the table overview and go down to the actions like DELETE or REPAIR and use there COPY TABLE. Use as new name now your new prefix. For example: if the prefix in 2.8 is like "wb_", use (maybe) "wb1_" as new prefix and the new table name ist "wb1_settings"
Thats a important step, because, the WB 2.11 will not work with the settings from WB 2.8

next step: change the used Table Prefix in the 2.11-config.php to the used Prefix from the backup.

after that, you can start to copy the missing modules and the missing frontend template from vers 2.8 into vers 2.11. after that, as last step, go into the info-window of vers 2.11 and there to the link  "Rebuild Access Files"
Its important, that you not overwrite the new modules in 2.11-modules folder

thats normalize all, what you have to do and you can start to check the installation. If you have all pages and content, go again to the info-window and click now on the link: Start Upgrade-Script or something like this

maybe you get some problem with the old modules and you get some error messages. To see this errors in a log file, you have to activate the logs. Go for that to WB-settings -Advanced Settings -> Server setting -> Error Reporting -> set it to Production and save your settings
It's possible, that you have to upgrade any of your old modules, see our Addons-area for a new version or use the forum for questions

maybe, it looks a little bit crazy, but with a little experience in Notepad++ and in PHPmyAdmin, its done in 10 - 15 minutes

One Question: Why 2.11 and not the latest Version 2.12.1??

richwingerter:
jacobi22, thank you for your detailed reply.

Let me explain the context first. I have an HTTP site running that uses WB 2.8. I started some time ago to set up a new site in HTTPS. This site was set up with WB 2.10. While working on it, I wanted to have a new environment to do testing (partly so that I could get third-party help without risking my own site). My ISP gave me a second directory for this. I started by installing WB 2.11. I then copied over pages and other components from the first HTTPS site. I then had to work on another project (you know how it goes), and when I came back to the test site it was not loading correctly.

I just want it to work, at this point. After that, I can upgrade to WB 2.12.

I think some of the configuration is still incorrect. For example, the config.php file I found when I returned to this project included the line:

require_once __DIR__.'/framework/initialize.php';

I changed it to:

require_once '/nfs/webroot/testing/framework/initialize.php';

In Chrome on the Mac I get part of the Home page (with the wrong formatting). On Windows I still get the under-construction page. But, this indicates that something about the magic constant __DIR__ isn't set correctly. I don't know where it is picking up the value for this, but really, it should be exactly the same because of the location of the config.php file.

It also indicates that the settings for the database in the config.php file are correct, because it wouldn't find and try to display content for the Home page if it wasn't accessing the database.

You said that the wb_settings table is important. I looked at this table in the new database (for the testing site, the one I'm getting based on the config.php file). I don't see any settings that directly apply, except that it still has the wb_version set to 2.10.0. Do you think the wb_settings table is different enough between 2.10 and 2.11 to cause this?

If necessary, I can start the upgrade over and go to WB 2.12. But if I could repair the wb_settings table so that it works with 2.11, then I can get started immediately and delay upgrading until I get to where I need that.

Thanks again for your help!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version