Author Topic: Search for "Bubble"-Template (for the lack of a better term)  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Legaziofunk

Search for "Bubble"-Template (for the lack of a better term)
« on: November 14, 2018, 12:11:33 AM »
Aye, ladies and gents,

here: https://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,31169.0.html I have mentioned my problem/challenge with integrating certain code into a template in order to extend it's functionality.
(the code being: https://codepen.io/sean_codes/pen/MXLVGj)

BUT: I can also imagine this exits already as a template since it's a pretty basic ting, I assume.
IT being bubbles or squares that can be clicked upon and then they enlarge including more text or are used as a link to another webpage.

Now, after hours of searching through module pages, I have not found anything remotely close to it...

Does anyone have a hint for what I am looking for?

Much appreciated!!

Cheers!
________
WB 2.10.x (installed)/WB 2.12.x (installed)
PHP 7.2
MySQL 5.6.36-82.0-log

Offline johnbroeckaert

Re: Search for "Bubble"-Template (for the lack of a better term)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 03:46:30 PM »
Take a look at the site of @ruud: https://dev4me.com/modules-snippets/opensource/minipopup/

As far as I know is it possible to change te behavour to a click.

An other solution is to use colorbox and sectionpicker.
It is a happy talent to know how to play!

Offline Legaziofunk

Re: Search for "Bubble"-MODULE (for the lack of a better term)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 10:44:59 PM »
Take a look at the site of @ruud: https://dev4me.com/modules-snippets/opensource/minipopup/

As far as I know is it possible to change te behavour to a click.

An other solution is to use colorbox and sectionpicker.

Thanx, but as for all three suggestions: they do NOT resemble what I am looking for.

I appreciate your help, but did you actually take a look at the above mentioned codepen-link?

I am NOT looking for a single window showing up.

Instead, I am looking for

1. a set of boxes in the first place
2. any box can be chosen individually
3. and THEN have it "enlarged", so that it's full content shows up.

Pretty muck like in the examle of seancoding at codepen.

OR an idea how to implent his code into a WB-site. ;-)

P.S.: I have modified the title of this post to MODULE - which was what I wanted in the first place, but my mind was still stuck to template issue... LOL
________
PHP 7.2
MySQL 5.6.36-82.0-log

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
    • WebsiteBaker - jQuery-Plugins - Module - Droplets - Tests
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 10:59:06 PM »
Hi, what you need in case of grid like layouts are modules like OneForAll or Topics or Members.
There you define how it should looks like. If you give the right structure you add also the CSS part to the frontend.css of the module.
E.g. the fields are in the loop part of the modules.

If it not should be dynamic, you can copy the layout from codepen HTML in a section of type code2(HTML).
Below the CSS in a style-Tag (<style> here your CSS </style>)

Hope it helps in the right direction.

Offline Legaziofunk

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 11:46:31 PM »
Hi, what you need in case of grid like layouts are modules like OneForAll or Topics or Members.

Thanx, I'll start with oneforall first, sounds like the egg-laying-wool-milk-pig as we say in German... LOL

Does this "renaming the name of the module in the info.php"-necessity still exist?

I could not find another info in the thread...
________
PHP 7.2
MySQL 5.6.36-82.0-log

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 11:57:53 PM »
Renaming it/was not necessary.
everything can, nothing must ... how we say in german.  :-)

Hint for OneForAll: create a field of type Wysiwyg (for your content). More is not needed at the beginning.
Then you should find the place where you can change the structure. What is loop, what before and what after.
Maybe module Members is here easier to use.

Offline Legaziofunk

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 12:27:19 AM »
Alright, Landsmann, so for the sake of our Co-readers we'll stick to English... LOL

I've installed OFA now, and the first page freaks me out! LOL

Are you sure, the aimed for grid-layer bubble/box strucure with content is what OFA can provide for me??
________
PHP 7.2
MySQL 5.6.36-82.0-log

Offline evaki

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 07:02:07 AM »
"We are all sitting in one boot", as we say in German.  :roll:
Should it also be responsive?  :?
Reg./MfG. Evaki

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:21:48 AM »
Quote from: evaki
"We are all sitting in one boot"
That's not right and not the yellow of the egg, would someone called Daniel K. say.

Quote from: Legaziofunk
and the first page freaks me out! ... Are you sure ...
Sure, but with knowledge of the module. View and use would be to easy. :-)
Try Members. And ask specific questions.

Offline Legaziofunk

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 01:04:17 PM »
Quote from: evaki
"We are all sitting in one boot"
That's not right and not the yellow of the egg, would someone called Daniel K. say.

Quote from: Legaziofunk
and the first page freaks me out! ... Are you sure ...
Sure, but with knowledge of the module. View and use would be to easy. :-)
Try Members. And ask specific questions.

My Dear Mr. Singing Club! Here is some serious phrase-threshing going on! Liiiiiiiiiiike!

Okay, then: Memeber is another module, I guess... I'll have a look.

The specific question to begin with on whether "OFA" or "members" would actually be, if there's something like a "manual" - because the thread for OFA is huge and also - as I stated before - I am a bit suspicious about older posts being still accurate there.

So, when I say "I am lost" (or being freaked out, to be precise ;-) I am actually saying, I do not even know what to do at all, although knowing where I wanna be in the end... the first page does not even give me a clue.

ALSO: There is this error message in the lower left corner, saying:

Ändern / Entfernen Eintrag (yup, that's from my German language version)
There was an uncatched exception
Call to a member function numRows() on null
in line (144) of (/modules/ofa-boxen-bubbles/modify.php):

Note: "ofa-boxen-bubbles" is what I renamed OFA to.

So, another specific question would be: does this say, OFA is not installed correctly or is it rather a "normal" thing since I have not set up anyhting or made any entries, yet?

Line 144 I never touched..!

Thanx a lot...!
________
PHP 7.2
MySQL 5.6.36-82.0-log

Offline Legaziofunk

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »
...also in OFA, when I hit "add entry" (in German: Eintrag hinzufügen), I get another error:

Objekt nicht gefunden!

Der angeforderte URL konnte auf dem Server nicht gefunden werden. Der Link auf der verweisenden Seite scheint falsch oder nicht mehr aktuell zu sein. Bitte informieren Sie den Autor dieser Seite über den Fehler.

Sofern Sie dies für eine Fehlfunktion des Servers halten, informieren Sie bitte den Webmaster hierüber.

Sorry, this error is in German also... basic info is: object not found.
________
PHP 7.2
MySQL 5.6.36-82.0-log

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 01:36:50 PM »
    I think your problem is this (info.php):
* Example: you set a module name to One for All, than the module directory has to set to one_for_all

Indeed, we have forget to let the manual in OFA. In the old original there was a big text part in the head part.
This was it:

Hello '.$_SESSION['DISPLAY_NAME'].'
This is your module '.$module_name.' speaking:
Before taking off there have to been made some modifications.
Adding custom fields
  • Login to your WebsiteBaker installation.
  • Add a new page with page type &quot;'.$module_name.'&quot;.
  • Go to the "Fields Settings" and add the customized fields you intend to collect the data.
  • Select the field type and modify the field templates to fit your needs.
  • Note that every field must have a unique field name. Allowed characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9, . (dot), _ (underscore) and - (hyphen).
  • Consider the displayed placeholders. You will need them later when adding the item templates.
Adding item templates
Create your own item templates using the generated and general placeholders:
  • Go to the &quot;Page Settings&quot; and use the mentioned placeholders in your templates to view the items just the way you want.
  • Replace this text by them HTML code of your template.
  • [PLACEHOLDERS] are uppercase and enclosed by square brackets.
  • For a list of more general placeholders to accomplish your template click the &quot;Help&quot;-button on top of the "Page Settings" page.
  • Add an item or two, enter some data and have fun!
[/list]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:58:42 PM by dbs »

Offline jacobi22

• Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 03:33:44 PM »
hab das mal in mein Modul rein gebaut, das aus dem alten Bookmarks entstanden ist. Da braucht es ja nur ein Twig-Template. Die Effekte sind nett und interessant, hat was 
siehe -> https://www.jacobi22.com/web/Video_2018-11-16_150116.wmv

Ist in dieser Form schrecklich unflexibel, mit jedem neuen Link beginnt man am JS zu fummeln und das SCSS ist auch nur für eine bestimmte Anzahl gedacht (max 12). Ich denke, ich werde das mal in mein W3CSS reinbauen, dann kann ich auch einstellen, wie viele Boxen pro Zeile nebeneinander.
Leider läuft das Modul nicht mit WB 2.12.1 und kleiner ohne einen Fix. Da eine Lösung von den Dev's aber angedacht ist, wäre es Quatsch, jetzt dazu was zu sagen und so die Leute verrückt zu machen. Als Heimwerker hat man eh keine Zeit....

Google Translate
I once built into my module, which was created from the old bookmarks module. It just needs a twig template. The effects are nice and interesting, have something
see -> https://www.jacobi22.com/web/Video_2018-11-16_150116.wmv

In this form, terribly inflexible, with each new link you start fiddling with the JS and the SCSS is meant only for a certain number. I think I'll put that into my W3CSS, then I can adjust how many boxes per line next to each other.
Unfortunately, the module does not work with WB 2.12.1 and smaller without a fix. Since a solution from the Dev's but is considered, it would be nonsense, now to say something and so to make people crazy. As a home improvement one has no time anyway ....
Wer nicht will, findet Gründe, wer will, findet Wege.

Offline Legaziofunk

Re: Search for "Bubble"-MODULE (for the lack of a better term)
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 11:04:49 AM »
hab das mal in mein Modul rein gebaut, das aus dem alten Bookmarks entstanden ist. Da braucht es ja nur ein Twig-Template. Die Effekte sind nett und interessant, hat was 
siehe -> https://www.jacobi22.com/web/Video_2018-11-16_150116.wmv

Ist in dieser Form schrecklich unflexibel, mit jedem neuen Link beginnt man am JS zu fummeln und das SCSS ist auch nur für eine bestimmte Anzahl gedacht (max 12). Ich denke, ich werde das mal in mein W3CSS reinbauen, dann kann ich auch einstellen, wie viele Boxen pro Zeile nebeneinander.
Leider läuft das Modul nicht mit WB 2.12.1 und kleiner ohne einen Fix. Da eine Lösung von den Dev's aber angedacht ist, wäre es Quatsch, jetzt dazu was zu sagen und so die Leute verrückt zu machen. Als Heimwerker hat man eh keine Zeit....

Google Translate
I once built into my module, which was created from the old bookmarks module. It just needs a twig template. The effects are nice and interesting, have something
see -> https://www.jacobi22.com/web/Video_2018-11-16_150116.wmv

In this form, terribly inflexible, with each new link you start fiddling with the JS and the SCSS is meant only for a certain number. I think I'll put that into my W3CSS, then I can adjust how many boxes per line next to each other.
Unfortunately, the module does not work with WB 2.12.1 and smaller without a fix. Since a solution from the Dev's but is considered, it would be nonsense, now to say something and so to make people crazy. As a home improvement one has no time anyway ....

Your aforementioned link to the video requires user and pass.

Thanx!
________
PHP 7.2
MySQL 5.6.36-82.0-log

postern-length