Author Topic: cannot see all droplets  (Read 690 times)

Offline RikS

cannot see all droplets
« on: February 25, 2018, 02:29:02 PM »
After adding a new droplet all the sudden I can only see a part of my droplets (in Administration Tools » Droplets).
Luckily all the other droplets are still in the database (in the wb_mod_droplets table) and are still working.
I had a look at the database table and cannot see any difference between the visible and invisible droplets.
How can I make all my droplets visible again?

Offline jacobi22

• Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
Re: cannot see all droplets
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 02:42:10 PM »
Module version of this droplet module?

is the new droplet now also in your database?

if you use a newer droplet module, do you see the scrollbar there in the droplet module?
Probleme sind da, um sie zu lösen, nicht, um nach Ausreden zu suchen.

Offline RikS

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 03:08:16 PM »
Module version of this droplet module? --> 1.2.0

is the new droplet now also in your database? --> YES

if you use a newer droplet module, do you see the scrollbar there in the droplet module? --> Not tried yet

Thanks,  Rik

Offline jacobi22

• Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 03:35:42 PM »
you talk about a 6 or 8 years old module, designed for wb 2.8.2   :roll: :roll: :roll:
and there are also successors for this module, working in your old WB version, so pls try at first, to upgrade the module.
be sure, that you have a upgrade of the used droplets before you start
Probleme sind da, um sie zu lösen, nicht, um nach Ausreden zu suchen.

Offline RikS

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 04:26:51 PM »
Yes indeed, it is an old version. But that does not explain why it stopped working properly all the sudden after adding a new droplet (using the "add droplet" button).
Most droplets are homemade, so no updates ... but I expect that the functionality of the droplets does not depend on the version of the droplet module (it's just PHP after all).

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
    • WebsiteBaker - jQuery-Plugins - Module - Droplets - Tests
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 06:24:08 PM »
Can we see the code of the droplet?
In some cases i saw a broken droplet overview page.

Offline RikS

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 08:09:58 PM »
The code was a copy of an existing (homemade) droplet, but of course with a different name.
Things are getting rather strange:
- When I removed this newest droplet everything works fine (I can see all droplets).
- When I add a new (empty) droplet with the name of the offending droplet (the one I removed in the previous step) everything still works fine.
- When I copy the content of the existing droplet in the new droplet I am back to the situation where I can only see 10 of the 38 droplets.

Some thoughts:
- The droplet is rather long (300+ lines), am I exceeding some kind of available droplet space?
- Does WB struggle with identical droplet codes? -> NO, when I add a line to the offending dropplet the problem persists.

To anticipate on the suggestion to update to a newer WB version: I have "personalized" the original WB code a lot, not always as well documented as it should be (yes I know, my fault). Updating will most likely be a struggle ...

Rik

postern-length