General Community > Development 2.10.x

Settings - Show Advanced Options buttons

(1/2) > >>

sky writer:
Just something to consider.

The MAIN "Show Advanced Options" button at the bottom of the Admin Settings page carries the very useful warning - "Please Note: Pressing this button resets all unsaved changes".

But there are also "Show Advanced Options" (or "Hide Advanced Options", depending on the button state) buttons at the bottom of each accordion tab.  My question is, are these duplicate buttons really necessary?  And if the consensus is that they are, should they not also have some sort of warning affixed?

Luisehahne:
Hi,

You are right. No warning in all the buttons. In Past there was no Accordion, and you had to scroll to the bottom to set advanced settings. So users want more than one button. But in past there was no reason to show a warning as tooltip. Nobody ask for it. You are the first  (Y)

In one of the next releases a a new backend theme is on our todo list.

Dietmar

Sorry for my denglish  :|

sky writer:
I have a simple to implement idea, but I have to run out the door.  I'll be in touch later today.

Luisehahne:
Hi,

me too, i add it as title attribute to the button

Dietmar

sky writer:
I see the title attribute in use, but of course the user has to hover the button to see it.  So, although it's a good idea, it is not obvious.  I would combine it with something along the lines of the following.

I am not sure how universal the asterisk (Sternchen) is, so maybe a "yield" or "exclamation triangle" would be more universally understood.  But in English, an asterisk signals to the reader that they should look for a reference note, usually at the bottom of the page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version