Author Topic: Media Image Auto Resize on Upload - Revisited  (Read 118 times)

Offline sky writer

Media Image Auto Resize on Upload - Revisited
« on: December 05, 2017, 12:51:39 AM »
It's been about six months since I put forward my initial suggestion / request.  https://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,30322.msg211393.html#msg211393
So, I'm not sure if any new development is in the works on the subject.

But, I now have a new related question.  Whether I use the global Auto Resize Work Around (explained in my link) or set the maximum imagesize of a folder via Media Modify Settings, the resizing occurs as expected.

But, uploading large numbers of images (100's) to a folder, one by one, 10 at a time through the Media "Browse" to select images process is cumbersome... and not realistic.

I know there is the "Upload and unpack a zip archive" feature which allows you to quickly upload bulk images (files) in one step... the problem is, the auto image resizing settings are not honoured when using this work flow.

Is there a way to force the auto image resizing of images in a zip upload?  If not, I am interested in knowing how you handle this process, or more importantly how you manage things for client sites.  Because, I know how to batch resize/compress images BEFORE uploading... but trying to enforce this with every client is a losing battle.

Offline DarkViper

• Core Development
Re: Media Image Auto Resize on Upload - Revisited
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:55:18 AM »
Is there a way to force the auto image resizing of images in a zip upload?
yes it is.. ;) ... in next release which we will publish this month.
Der blaue Planet - er ist nicht unser Eigentum - wir haben ihn nur von unseren Nachkommen geliehen

"You have to take the men as they are ... but you can not leave them like that !!" :-P
Ein einziger Buchstabendreher kann einen ganzen Satz urinieren.

Offline sky writer

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 01:01:22 AM »
Excellent news.  Thank you so much!  (Y)

In the meantime, I would still be interested in how other users have handled this in the current WB version 2.10 and earlier?

Offline hgs

• Betatester
    • EFG MG
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 06:38:51 AM »
Ich habe als Webmaster alle Bilder vor dem upload für die Webseite angepasst und dann als zip hochgeladen.

Die neue Funktion durfte ich schon ausgiebig testen und sie funktioniert auch über Unterordner sehr zuverlässig.
Wenn du einen Ordner "Bilder" in Media anlegst und diesem Ordner über "Optionen" eine Breite von 500px vorgibst, werden die 500px auf alle Unterordner, die im zip angelegt sind, automatisch übertragen. Das ist sehr Webmasterfreundlich . Keine 6000*4000px Bilder mehr auf der Homepage :-)

Googletranslate
As a webmaster, I have adjusted all images before uploading for the website and then uploaded them as zip.

I was already able to test the new function extensively and it also works very reliably via subfolders.
If you create a folder "Pictures" in Media and give this folder a width of 500px via "Options", the 500px will be automatically transferred to all subfolders created in the zip. This is very webmaster friendly. No more 6000 * 4000px images on the homepage :-)
LG Harald

"Fange nie an, aufzuhören - höre nie auf, anzufangen." Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 v.Chr.)

Offline Boudi

• Global Moderator
  • //o_-\\
    • Yze Webdesign
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 08:14:56 AM »
Seems good news.  (Y)

What remains is cropping the image to minimal kb-size like www.tiny.png.com does.

...:: Bake the Unbakable ::...