Author Topic: NEW User needs Alot of help getting out of a bind  (Read 2837 times)

Offline phoenixques

• New to WB so please be nice
Re: NEW User needs Alot of help getting out of a bind
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 07:36:51 AM »
Thanks everyone for the help, DarkViper was a big help but I need a little more clarification to get this fixed. I have just finished moving, and i have been more off than on, but i am still in need of help
Thanks for whatever help you can lend to someone who is really new at this

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 08:52:57 AM »
We are here to help, what you need?
no bb in signature

Offline phoenixques

• New to WB so please be nice
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2017, 03:43:10 AM »
this is not my world, and i am not sure how to get access to my page i was given a reset password script to replace but it is not working, I cant access my site from phoenixques.com/admin, luckily i can access it from godaddy
Thanks for whatever help you can lend to someone who is really new at this

Offline sky writer

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2017, 05:59:02 AM »
Hello all.  I just wanted to give some further insight into this issue.  I took the opportunity to try to assist phoenixques.  Here are some more details.

The website was built on WB version 2.8 hosted on GoDaddy which was running php v5.2  :o !  The hosting account had also been hacked.  But GoDaddy had already removed some files, and I cleared everything else up.

The config and htaccess were all correct, although not utilizing https.  The owner did purchase a GoDaddy SSL which was installed, so I updated config and htaccess to include https addresses.  This had no effect on the login issue.

I checked the database and no matter what MD5 password I put in the Super Admin user=1 field, it was not possible to login to the admin.  I beat my head against a wall trying everything.

I then downloaded the site and database and installed locally.  Everything worked!  I upgraded the site to 2.8.3, then 2.10.  Everything worked every step of the way.  So I uploaded the 2.10 version and database to the server on GoDaddy and upgraded php to 5.6 -  and STILL can not login to the admin.

While the owner contacted GoDaddy for support, I tried uploading the same 2.10 version site and database to my host, and everything works perfectly on my host using SSL and https.

I have done a winmerge compare of the live site with the downloaded WB 2.10 full install and all files match.

So, this seems to be a GoDaddy issue of some sort.  But GoDaddy support has been no help.  Does anyone have any suggestions of what else we can try?  I am thinking we could try revoking the SSL, as perhaps it might be causing some issue... but it cost $$ and once revoked their is no refund and no free re-install.

Just to clarify.  When you login with the correct username and password, you just loop back to the Admin login.  There is no "Loginname or password incorrect" message.  You just loop back and get "Please enter your loginname and password below" again.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Offline DarkViper

• Forum administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2017, 08:06:17 AM »
Hi sky writer,
it strongly looks like the session will/can not work.

use phpinfio() to get the 'session.save_path'
check if PHP has rights to write into this folder.

For testing you can set the  session_save_path to the WB /temp/ folder.
ini_set('session.save_path''……/wb/temp/');
(it's not a final solution.. for testing only.. it can produce thousends of files in /temp/  ! )

Set the correct rights must be done by the side which has configured the server.

Manuela
Der blaue Planet - er ist nicht unser Eigentum - wir haben ihn nur von unseren Nachkommen geliehen

"You have to take the men as they are… but you can not leave them like that !" :-P
Das tägliche Stoßgebet: Oh Herr, wirf ihnen Hirn vom Himmel !

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2017, 09:15:09 AM »
For 10+ years I use wb i never experienced this issue. To me it looks like hosting problem, I dont know which exactly, but I would try to install website on some free hosting to see if it will work.

no bb in signature

Offline DarkViper

• Forum administrator
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
this issue, i know it well...
- in past there was probs concerning rights (same like apache-modul/fastCGI at FTP/Apache a.s.o.)
- often problems when upgrading PHP and apache settings are not modified properly
- corrupted entries in php.ini
- sometimes no free disc space (can be hidden, if session_save_path points to another mapping then the webspace itself..

and several reasons more...  ;)
Der blaue Planet - er ist nicht unser Eigentum - wir haben ihn nur von unseren Nachkommen geliehen

"You have to take the men as they are… but you can not leave them like that !" :-P

Offline jacobi22

• Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2017, 11:33:07 AM »
SSL has nothing to do with the technical job in the login-process. the replay-message show's, that it's work (send login data's, getting answer from the script)

#1 - best place for the code from DarkViper is  framework/initialize.php  in the block with the define's ~ line 160, search there for a free line.
important is the correct path to your temp-folder, also possible
ini_set('session.save_path'WB_PATH.'/temp/');

#2 - a settings like this builds a session file for every visitor inside of the temp-folder. be sure, that you have write permission to this folder, if it's not work with the original-setting there, change the write permission to chmod 0777 (but only as last option)
example for the file name from a session-file: sess_0j4iss2eboaj85 28mu7an2066e
so, it's easy to test - visit the frontend and look via ftp into the temp-folder for a file like this

#3 - maybe the error.log in WB 2.10.x give some more information (but i dont think so in session problems). have a look at this in /var/logs/php_error.log.php. it's possible, that the server-error.log give some more information's about the problem
Probleme sind da, um sie zu lösen, nicht, um nach Ausreden zu suchen.

Offline sky writer

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »
On behalf of phoenixques, I thank you all for your replies.  I am away for the day, but will work through the checks you provided and post my feedback.  Phoenixques is frustrated and ready to transfer to a new hosting company, but first I really wanted to work through this as it may help others in a similar situation in the future.

I would try to install website on some free hosting to see if it will work.
As I mentioned, I already installed the website on my host, and all works perfectly.  But thank you for your thoughts.

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 04:14:37 PM »
I would ask godaddy to open fresh account to install it there to test, and if they dont want or it doesnt work , id move to another hoster..
no bb in signature

Offline sky writer

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2017, 03:55:48 AM »
use phpinfio() to get the 'session.save_path'

Hi Manuela,

I checked and here are the results:
session.save_path    no value    no value

check if PHP has rights to write into this folder.

How can I check this?

For testing you can set the  session_save_path to the WB /temp/ folder.
ini_set('session.save_path'WB_PATH.'/temp/');

I added this line and was able to login to admin successfully.  The sessions files were being saved to the WB/temp/ folder.
But I then check phpinfo.php and it still shows:

I have removed phpinfo.php and the testing code change from framework/initialize.php so as not to overload the WB/temp/ folder

#3 - maybe the error.log in WB 2.10.x give some more information (but i dont think so in session problems). have a look at this in /var/logs/php_error.log.php. it's possible, that the server-error.log give some more information's about the problem

I am so sorry I didn't look here first!  I did look at error logs on the server at different times during this long troubleshooting, cleaning and upgrading process, but overlooked checking 2.10 logs.  There definitely are MANY errors logged which points directly to the issue.

2017-11-10T00:54:20+00:00 [E_WARNING] Unknown:[0]  from :[] WbErrorHandler "Unknown: open(/home/content/##/#######/tmp/sess_d1f0ff209a0de6adecc9c638f9684f4a, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)"
2017-11-10T00:54:20+00:00 [E_WARNING] Unknown:[0]  from :[] WbErrorHandler "Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct ()"

I checked the GoDaddy account /Error Logs/ Folder and it doesn't contain any files?

I tried adding a /tmp/ folder to the "webroot" in GoDaddy File manager, but that doesn't help.  I think, the /tmp/ folder needs to be one level higher than we have access to.

Is there anything else anyone can suggest trying or looking at... before I contact GoDaddy and try to get them to take some action on this issue?

Offline sky writer

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2017, 04:29:59 AM »
GoDaddy lists the absolute Hosting path as:
/home/content/xx/xxxxxxx/html

in case that helps.  I think I will need to contact GoDaddy and see if I can explain the issue.

Offline DarkViper

• Forum administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2017, 11:31:53 AM »
I added this line and was able to login to admin successfully.  The sessions files were being saved to the WB/temp/ folder.
But I then check phpinfo.php and it still shows:
that's ok. The ini_set() affects the current running instance only. It does not change the php.ini!  If Script is finished, these temporary changes are forgotten again. A follow up request for phpinfo can not see this temporary changes.

on contact GoDaddy, simply send them the log like below (with not masked path!). Its enough information for support. ;)
2017-11-10T00:54:20+00:00 [E_WARNING] Unknown:[0]  from :[] WbErrorHandler "Unknown: open(/home/content/##/#######/tmp/sess_d1f0ff209a0de6adecc9c638f9684f4a, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)"
2017-11-10T00:54:20+00:00 [E_WARNING] Unknown:[0]  from :[] WbErrorHandler "Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct ()"

Manuela

Offline sky writer

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2017, 02:53:14 AM »
Thanks again everyone for your support.  Helpers should never be taken for granted.

Case in point.  The op site owner contacted GoDaddy phone support and was told there was nothing they could do other than to suggest re-installing.  I contacted online chat support, sent the error log info, then spent 20 minutes providing security PIN's and answering questions only to be told there was nothing they could do other than suggest contacting phone support.

We will be moving phoenixques to a new host on the weekend.

Online hgs

• Betatester
    • EFG MG
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2017, 07:11:49 AM »
That's good, thanks for your support (Y) for a brother in the Lord.

And I always thought, only Germany is the service desert. :wink:
LG Harald

"Fange nie an, aufzuhören - höre nie auf, anzufangen." Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 v.Chr.)