Author Topic: Uploading new template  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Jonkman7

Uploading new template
« on: August 30, 2017, 09:00:47 AM »
Hello all,

After years of watching the same dull website (updated by someone else) I decided to take over and try too take it to the 21st century.
I wanted to start with uploading a new template but I get this message if I try to.

Warning: dir(/var/www/vhosts/janjonkman.nl/httpdocs/wb/templates/naebfjyr2): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/janjonkman.nl/httpdocs/wb/admin/templates/install.php on line 114 Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/janjonkman.nl/httpdocs/wb/admin/templates/install.php on line 115

I'm logged in as admin and think I have the permissions.

Offline DarkViper

• Forum administrator
Re: Uploading new template
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 09:43:24 AM »
Hi Jonkman7,
how about a little help for help?
Instead of guessing, we could possibly make an accurate statement, if we knew what version of WB you have and what version of PHP.  :wink:
Der blaue Planet - er ist nicht unser Eigentum - wir haben ihn nur von unseren Nachkommen geliehen

"You have to take the men as they are… but you can not leave them like that !" :-P
Das tägliche Stoßgebet: Oh Herr, wirf Hirn vom Himmel !

Offline jacobi22

• Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 12:21:49 PM »
maybe you have the permissions to be the Admin or SuperAdmin in WB, but the error say's, that you have no write-permission inside of the template-folder

pls delete all zip-files inside of the temp-folder of WB, before you start the next try
Wer nicht will, findet Gründe, wer will, findet Wege.

Offline Seacook42

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 05:52:28 AM »
Hi,
I am having the same problem. I have just come back to WebsiteBaker, installed version 2.10.0 and can load old templates without trouble.  I would like to try out some free, responsive templates from www.templated.co and I can download it and identify the zipped template on my system and choose it in the Install Templates dialogue.  However, nothing happens.
I have tried emptying the Website temp folder and it makes no difference.
Any suggestions?

Offline DarkViper

• Forum administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 08:09:41 AM »
This is a completely normal 'problem'.
Usually independent 'templates' are offered as what they are: Simple templates, useable to construct an installable template packages from for most  CMS system like WB, Drupal, WP, Typo, and so on.
Each CMS required its own format according to the template packages must be built.
A little help you can find here: Help » Designer Guide » Creating a WB Template... or ask an experienced WB user/designer for assistance.
Manuela
Der blaue Planet - er ist nicht unser Eigentum - wir haben ihn nur von unseren Nachkommen geliehen

"You have to take the men as they are… but you can not leave them like that !" :-P
Das tägliche Stoßgebet: Oh Herr, wirf Hirn vom Himmel !

postern-length