General Community > Global WebsiteBaker 2.10.x discussion

How about updating the way we handle MEDIA?

<< < (2/5) > >>

DarkViper:
Why in the present time everything has to be chewed?
It usually helps to activate a few additional brain cells.. and explore http://www.dropzonejs.com/.  Just to get some ideas..   8-)
And no, the Dev-Team is not taking a summer break. We are fully utilized with the development of the new WB version.

have a nice day

CodeALot:

--- Quote from: DarkViper on June 05, 2017, 01:15:34 PM ---Why in the present time everything has to be chewed?

--- End quote ---
Chewed?? Where did this come from?

I was merely making a suggestion on how to make the core of WB even better by having a 'feature image' possible on a page... 'Activate additional brain cells'? Is this the way you reply to people who try to think constructive towards an even better WB-CMS?

I think I'll keep my thoughts to myself next time if that's the case.

Have a good day too. Get some coffee. Sounds like you need it.

sky writer:
Please don't keep your thoughts to yourself.  The community can seem quite dormant at times, so when someone comes up with a forward thinking post like yours, it sparks some new life and thought into the place.  It actually surprises... or frightens me, not sure which, that there is so little feedback and conversation from other forum members when a new idea like this comes up.  WHERE IS EVERYONE???

--- Quote from: DarkViper on June 05, 2017, 01:15:34 PM ---And no, the Dev-Team is not taking a summer break. We are fully utilized with the development of the new WB version.

--- End quote ---
Not sure what brought this statement on.  I don't see anyone implying the Dev-Team is being lazy, or even that they should look into this.  I just see a user putting forth an idea.  Perhaps this is all sarcasm lost in translation.  In which case, it's unfortunate if the outcome is another valuable user losing interest in contributing ideas and support to WB.

Peace.

Hans:
I  second the first post of CodeALot. I remember how it was possible, years ago, to add images while being busy with the text in admin. Don't know why that possibility has disappeared. Maybe for security reasons, but are those reason still valid / to overcome in the new versions?

Of course it it is possible to add some CSS to the template and instruct the client to add a simple class to the image so that image is floated left or right and has standard margins. It could be even a standard class added to
--- Code: ---img
--- End code ---

But I too would welcome an easy way to add images that are resized automatically. There are modules (MiniGallery from Ruud afaik) that make that possible, so why not use that as a start to make that a core feature or (maybe as a  temporary solution, a module ?

@manuela: dropzonejs.com gives a 404

Let's all be there with an open mind for the benefit of WebsiteBaker and it's users and be glad if new ideas come up. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with well documented suggestions, on the contrary.

Hans

CodeALot:

--- Quote from: Hans on June 05, 2017, 09:14:08 PM ---
Of course it it is possible to add some CSS to the template and instruct the client to add a simple class to the image so that image is floated left or right and has standard margins. It could be even a standard class added to

--- End quote ---

Sure, that's what I do now too, in most cases. Regardless of what the user does, the image is shown as defined in the design of the website. That's not really the problem. But like I said: compare it to the 'template' you can define in OneForAll. The placement of [IMAGE], [IMAGES] etc can be a "fixed" thing, while uploading the images in the backend is really easy.

And that's why I wrote my post. While doing instruction sessions for my clients, I noticed that uploading and using images from the MEDIA-part of WB raises many questions. Many clients don't understand the workflow, and I can see why. That's why I wrote my "wouldn't it be nice if..." message here.

I never implied or meant to imply that I thought anyone was being lazy. I just posted a suggestion.

Right now my days are very full working on projects for clients, but if things get a little more quiet, I will sure look into the 'dropzone' solution to see if I can come up with some kind of module to add a 'Dropzone'-section.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version