Author Topic: New Module: Javascript Admin  (Read 57449 times)

Offline kickarse

Re: New Module: Javascript Admin
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 10:28:52 PM »
What would be great too is if you could help us out with the E-Commerce modules... like this one
http://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,3016.0.html
and the Paypal cart that I am struggling with... grr... im such a newb...

nonplus

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 01:28:54 PM »
A new version 1.0.2 is available from http://www.nonplus.net/software/download/wb/jsadmin-1.0.2.zip.

This version corrects the stylesheet s.t. when you mouse over links inside a draggable row (for example over a page name or a move up/down button) the browser shows to correct "pointer" or "hand" cursor.

Offline ilicz

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »
i just found this module, installed it and it's great! Good work, sir ;o)
 ;o)

Offline Vincent

• websites voor ondernemers
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »
Hi, Nonplus,

unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in 2.6.4...  :|

Vincent

Offline kibmcz

• KComputer  Zone
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 08:01:08 PM »
Hi, Nonplus,

unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in 2.6.4...  :|

Vincent

It works on my 2.6.4 install... Are you shure you modified the uploaded 2.6.4 class.admin(.)php?

Attached is my modifed class.admin(.)php

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 08:03:24 PM by kibmcz »

Offline Vincent

• websites voor ondernemers
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 09:13:59 PM »
Thanks kibmcz!
I don't know where you got it from, but it works.

Vincent

Offline ilicz

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 12:31:04 AM »
i think that he took it from install notes  :-)
 ;o)

Offline virgil

• Carpe diem!
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 01:02:22 AM »
Hi everybody

... Attached is my modifed class.admin(.)php...

...i think that he took it from install notes  :-)...

@kibmcz @ilicz

I'm interested in following:

could you please specify more exactly ...
- what the modification consists in?   ...and...
- where you get it from

Thank you
Virgil

---

[EDIT]

OK forget my questions, found out what you meant... :roll:
add in line 149 of class.admin(.)php
Code:
Only registered users can see contents. Please click here to Register or Login.like explained in install notes of first posting
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 01:24:44 AM by virgil »
Virgil - the pre-baked-stuff baker -   ;-))

Offline valerie

• Robinson Communication Consultants
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2006, 11:33:38 AM »
What does this mean? Anyone know? I have uploaded the new classadmin(.)php file referenced above...

query("SELECT value FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."settings WHERE name = '".$name."'"); if($row = $rs->fetchRow()) return $row['value']; return $default; } function save_setting($name, $value) { global $database; $prev_value = get_setting($name, false); if($prev_value === false) { $database->query("INSERT INTO ".TABLE_PREFIX."settings (name,value) VALUES ('$name','$value')"); } else { $database->query("UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."settings SET value = '$value' WHERE name = '$name'"); } } ?>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_setting() in /home/..../public_html/modules/jsadmin/tool.php on line 34

I get the error when I go to settings>advanced>javascript admin
http://www.robcomm.net
--editing and proofreading for American English
--print and web publication management
--graphic and web design, including original photography

Offline valerie

• Robinson Communication Consultants
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 09:13:33 PM »
Does anyone have this working in 2.6.4? The last version I could get it to work on was 2.6.3 so I'm wondering if the get_setting() function that is causing the above error was added in the 2.6.4 version and if I go back to 2.6.3 then I could get this working...
http://www.robcomm.net
--editing and proofreading for American English
--print and web publication management
--graphic and web design, including original photography

generic

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2006, 06:00:24 PM »
I have noticed that the 3 checkbox admin settings dont seem to stick.  I check all the boxes, then I am able to drag and drop fine, but if I close the browser or come back to the admin at a later date, the drag and drop does not work and the settings are unchecked.

Anyone else experoence this?

Offline mathetos

• i bake and shake... shake 'n bake WB
    • IFPdesigns.com
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »
Just installed it on my desktop installation (WB: 2.6.4 server: xampp, OS: WinME, browser: Fx 2). And it worked flawlessly!

I agree with the others that it would be great to be able to implement this into the other modules as well.

Great work. Can't wait to see how it develops.

~mathetos~

generic

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2006, 07:35:41 PM »
I have noticed that the 3 checkbox admin settings dont seem to stick.  I check all the boxes, then I am able to drag and drop fine, but if I close the browser or come back to the admin at a later date, the drag and drop does not work and the settings are unchecked.

Anyone else experoence this?

nobody else has experienced this?..  ok...

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 07:21:29 AM »
@nonplus

please read here:

http://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,5138.0.html

can you do this for us?

Matthias

doc

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »
Matthias,

had a look on the existing javaadmin script.
It shouldn´t be a big deal to modify it thus we could implement it to the core files.

See the following problems with implementing javascript admin into WB 2.7 core files:
Alll PHP files are copyright by Stephan (maybe we could get the rights).
Even more anoying, most of the vital Javascript core files are Copyright Yahoo.com without any further support  <<< Copyright (c) 2006 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. >>>

There are some powerfull free AXAJ kits available which are lincensed under GNU like Prototype, XAJAX, SAXAJ and some free effect JavaScript kits like scritpaculus or mad4milk.
Would be better to rewrite the whole Script based on such a free library (with support, bugfixes and a big community). The second proposal would need some time and may not be finished until WB2.7 becomes available.

Regards Christian

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2007, 08:36:53 PM »
Hello doc,

yes i totally agree. Didn't look at the licenses. And yes we better should use scripts wich are licensed under GNU.

Don't know how fast WB 2.7 will be available but i think we have enough time to get this working in WB 2.7. as all the changes ryan planed need also a little bit time and testing.

Is there a special script you know wich could easily be used? Think about putting the whole third party script in the include folder and only including this files in the framework/class_admin.php and only adapt the ordering functions to use this scripts.

I Only understand a little bit php, no javascript and no AJAX so it would be nice if this could do someone who understand this.  :wink:

Matthias

Waldschwein

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2007, 08:42:20 PM »
And always remember- some people have deactivated javascript in their browsers or have a too old one.

Edit: Found a bug. When moving "sections" with it enabled, the delete button is disappering. Using IE7.

doc

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
Matthias,

for the Virtual Postits module I´ve used the XAJAX framework (GNU) which is good for people developing in PHP and was a good choice for that specific project.

However, I am currently playing around with the more popular frameworks Prototype and the effect libraries of Scriptaculous. There are a lot of demos available (including things like drag and drop) which works on almost all Browser > 4er generation.

See the links below to get some impression whats possible.
http://openrico.org/rico/demos.page?demo=rico_drag_and_drop_custom_draggable
http://demo.script.aculo.us/shop

Will play around with Prototype and sriptaculus and see what could be done.
Regards Christian

@Waldschwein: most of the demo scripts will work with and without Javascript. Without Javascript you may miss the cool effects, but the principal things work.

Remember that almost all this Javascript libraries needs to be included into the <head> section!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:21:59 PM by doc »

Offline Hans

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2007, 09:38:18 PM »
Interesting discussion! I really think WB (Admin) could benefit from some kind of integration with AJAX (maybe Scriptaculous?).
One suggestion: maybe it is wise to merge this topic with this one: http://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,5138.0.html ?
Thanks to all
Hans
Hans - Nijmegen - The Netherlands

Waldschwein

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 03:10:41 PM »
Hello!
Ok, I have actually found the link of AJAX discussion in phpBB3.  :roll: http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23911
So, nearly everybody thinks, that it should not be integrated permanently.
Yours Michael

doc

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2007, 07:52:22 PM »
Hello Michael,

read through the AJAX discisson in the phpBB forum followin the link you posted below. Most posts looks for me more like stomach feeling than solid background. Of course, some posts show substance, but pros and cons are equally distributed.

The real problem with AJAX is that you have to take special care to make sure your javascript works on all browsers, otherwise you must also spend time gracefully degrading your javascript so that if a browser doesn't work as expected or they have javascript turned off that the site will still function.

All current browsers support AJAX, fyi. It's why so many CMSes and forums use it, now: there's no disadvantages.

Best regards Christian

doc

Javascript Admin - Licensce
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2007, 08:44:37 PM »
Just did some research in GOOGLE to find some background information to the licencse model used for the YAHOO Javascript routines used in the jsadmin module and etvoila, the YAHOO Javascript sources are licensed under BSD, see: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/license.txt

BSD is comparable to GNU-GPL but withoug copy left, see here for details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD-Lizenz

Will download the latest version of the YAHOO Javascript code and give it a try:
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/

Regards Christian

Updated:
Uups, seems the author of the jsadmin module has given a very professional intro in its first post in this thread. There the BDS license is mentioned, however the license module are not written in all Javascript code files (sorry for the worry).
http://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,3029.msg19152.html#msg19152

« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 04:10:39 PM by doc »

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2007, 08:47:04 PM »
Hello

sounds good  :-D

Matthias

Offline Argos

• Argos Media
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2007, 05:13:44 PM »
Would be nice if this module would work for form fields as well. I have several very long forms, and every now and then I need to edit them. It's a drag to click dozens of times on the arrows to change the order of an item... Is it possible for someone who can code to add this possibility?
Jurgen Nijhuis
Argos Media
Heiloo, The Netherlands
----------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't request personal support, use the forums!

Offline Marsu

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2007, 01:07:35 PM »
I got this Error after installation
whats wrong???

query("SELECT value FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."settings WHERE name = '".$name."'"); if($row = $rs->fetchRow()) return $row['value']; return $default; } function save_setting($name, $value) { global $database; $prev_value = get_setting($name, false); if($prev_value === false) { $database->query("INSERT INTO ".TABLE_PREFIX."settings (name,value) VALUES ('$name','$value')"); } else { $database->query("UPDATE ".TABLE_PREFIX."settings SET value = '$value' WHERE name = '$name'"); } } ?>
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_setting() in
.............\wb\modules\jsadmin\tool.php on line 34

can someone please help me thx