Author Topic: A flaw when using HTML symbols in menu items (symptom and solution)  (Read 410 times)

Offline seanie_morris

  • Posts: 287
  • Gender: Male
Hi all,

This is more of a feedback than a problem as I worked it out myself, but I thought maybe it is worth sharing.

I was adding HTML symbols to my menu links in WB in the admin backend, using the code ⇣ to display a down arrow as a character in the parent menu text. When I decided to change or remove the HTML code, I was getting some broken links to the pages that were using the code in the website menu. I found that the property File Link in the Modify Page subsection under Change Settings had kept the HTML code, even if I removed it from the Menu Title.

I had to use my FTP to remove the code from the page name in the /pages directory (including any folders using the same name due to having child pages).