Author Topic: New Module: Product Gallery  (Read 612 times)

Offline svsanchez

New Module: Product Gallery
« on: November 10, 2016, 07:54:56 PM »
Hallo!

I have been looking for a way to show a "product gallery" that is simple for my customer to use. Some of you have suggested I use modules like OneForAll, Topics, Bakery... but all of these are just too elaborate for what I want to achieve. The module that works the closest to what I'm trying to achieve is FolderGallery:

1) It allows me to upload the pictures to a specific folder
2) It then allows me to add a description for each picture

I would need to:

3) Add a NAME (title) for each picture

I honestly don't know what I'm doing but anyway I decided to try and make some modifications:

1) I added a new column 'nombre' (name in Spanish) to the wboa_mod_foldergall ery_files
2) I added a few names to some pictures.
3) I edited view.php and view_highslider.htt

To my surprise what I did kind of worked: when I go to the gallery, I get the picture's name and description around the picture thumb. It still doesn't look as I want but it's a beginning  :-D

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me to:

1) Tell me if it's possible to convert what I'm doing into a new 'module' so that it doesn't interfere with the FolderGallery development
2) How do I add the 'name' filed in the backend so that I can modify the picture's names from the admin instead of having to do so from phpMyAdmin? I  *think* this has to be done in /modules/foldergallery/admin/modify_cat.php or /modules/foldergallery/admin/save_files.php but honestly don't have any idea how to do this!
3) As you can see in my test page, although I was able to add the name and description around the thumb, when the description is too big it pushes the following thumbnail to the next line. How to make the description appear on the same width of space that the thumbnail above uses?

This is my test page:

http://deguate2.com/pages/foldergallery.php

Offline svsanchez

Re: New Module: Product Gallery
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:21:22 AM »
Hello again, to help with the explanation of what I'm trying to do here are two images from the backend and frontend of the product gallery:

Backend: here you can see the extra field for adding the product name.

Frontend: here you can see how I would like to show the products: Product name, Product image, Product description.

PS: Sorry for the girl's pictures, it was the first folder with several pictures I found on my PC to test!  :-o

Offline dbs

• tioz4ever
    • WebsiteBaker - jQuery-Plugins - Module - Droplets - Tests
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 08:22:30 AM »
Hi, wait some days. The name-field is in the next FG-version standard.

Offline svsanchez

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:27:20 PM »
Wow, REALLY! That's soooo great  :-D

What about the option to place the name-field and description around the thumbnails without pushing other pictures when they are too big?

Offline svsanchez

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 03:11:05 AM »
Hello DBS, I opened this post 3 months ago and you suggested to "wait some days" as the name-field was going to be present in the next FG version. However I haven't seen any posts about the new FG version, do you now if this is already available and where I can download the latest FG?

Offline dbs

• tioz4ever
    • WebsiteBaker - jQuery-Plugins - Module - Droplets - Tests
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 08:44:58 AM »
This question should go to Dietmar (luisehane). I know there is a version and this version works.
But Dietmar knows more.

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 10:35:19 AM »
the FG is avaiable in our addon area -> http://addon.WebsiteBaker.org/pages/en/browse-add-ons.php?id=067A205
but there is a problem with the upgrade function, if you have already a installed FG in this system. its remommened to use it at the moment only for a fresh install
Du warst hier in meiner Seele und bist jetzt meilenweit entfernt
Wenn ich in Liedern von dir erzähle, war das jede Träne wert!
Alex Diehl- In meiner Seele

Offline svsanchez

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 06:00:07 PM »
Thanks a lot for the link, wow already version 2 of FG!!! I will test it, thanks for the warning about the upgrade!

postern-length