I have been looking for a way to show a "product gallery" that is simple for my customer to use. Some of you have suggested I use modules like OneForAll, Topics, Bakery... but all of these are just too elaborate for what I want to achieve. The module that works the closest to what I'm trying to achieve is FolderGallery:
1) It allows me to upload the pictures to a specific folder
2) It then allows me to add a description for each picture
I would need to:
3) Add a NAME (title) for each picture
I honestly don't know what I'm doing but anyway I decided to try and make some modifications:
1) I added a new column 'nombre' (name in Spanish) to the wboa_mod_foldergall
2) I added a few names to some pictures.
3) I edited view.php and view_highslider.htt
To my surprise what I did kind of worked: when I go to the gallery, I get the picture's name and description around the picture thumb. It still doesn't look as I want but it's a beginning
I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me to:
1) Tell me if it's possible to convert what I'm doing into a new 'module' so that it doesn't interfere with the FolderGallery development
2) How do I add the 'name' filed in the backend so that I can modify the picture's names from the admin instead of having to do so from phpMyAdmin? I *think* this has to be done in /modules/foldergallery/admin/modify_cat.php or /modules/foldergallery/admin/save_files.php but honestly don't have any idea how to do this!
3) As you can see in my test page, although I was able to add the name and description around the thumb, when the description is too big it pushes the following thumbnail to the next line. How to make the description appear on the same width of space that the thumbnail above uses?
This is my test page:http://deguate2.com/pages/foldergallery.php