just upgraded the WB 2.8 installation of a client to WB 2.8.4 REV 2101 and run into some issues I want to share.
The client gave me his admin backend account, but the "upgrade-script" failed. Jacobi22 pointet me in the direction of the super admin. Quick check in phpMyAdmin showed that the admin login of the client was not the super admin. After login as super admin, the upgrade script worked - also I needed to call it two or three times.
Apart from this, the upgrade from 2.8 to 2.8.4 went surprisingly smooth, especially as I had some "special" settings for the client, like changed /pages, /media/, /admin folders, old argos theme etc.
After the upgrade I found some smaller "issues", which I solved the following way:
Issue 1: Login into the backend as Superadmin throws a fatal error, while login with a account other than the super admin worked. Super admins gets greated by the following fatal error (most likely a test if they are the right person for the super admin job :wink):
Catchable fatal error: Object of class WbDatabase could not be converted to string in admin\start\index.php on line 108. A quick check revealed a typo in the line building the SQL statement in this line, easy to fix.
$sql = 'SELECT `value` FROM `'.$oDb-TablePrefix.'settings` WHERE `name`=\'wb_revision\'';
$sql = 'SELECT `value` FROM `'.$oDb->TablePrefix.'settings` WHERE `name`=\'wb_revision\'';
Issue 2: Three notices appear in the frontend related to already defined constants in Droplets (droplets.php line 48+49) and the output_filter (filterEmail.php line 23). The notices are related to the constants: OUTPUT_FILTER_AT_RE PLACEMENT, OUTPUT_FILTER_DOT_R EPLACEMENT and OUTPUT_FILTER_MODE. Quick and dirty fix was to explicitly surpress the notices by prefixing the define statements in the lines given by a @. Not nice, but the notices disappear.
Issue 4: The class .frm-field_title of the form module is not used to style the labels, but field_title. Added field_title to frontend.css to allow styling of this elements.
Issue 5: The contact formular does not parse tags added in the success message strings, so the output includes the tags. As quick fix, I removed the tags from the message text resulting in plain text output - not nice, but better than showing tags.
After these small hacks, everything seems to work. I didn't find the time for detailed search, just checked the functions my client needs on a day by day basis. All in all, the upgrade of the 5 years old WB installation went quite smooth.