WebsiteBaker Support (2.8.x) > jQuery

Upgrade to latest jQuery before WB 2.8.4

(1/2) > >>

cwsoft:
Hi,

updated versions of jQuery and jQuery-UI were released yesterday. Maybe last chance for upgrading the WB 2.8 SVN files before releasing WB 2.8.4 :wink:

jQuery latest: 1.9.0 (WB-SVN 1.8.3)
jQuery-UI latest: 1.10.0 (WB-SVN 1.9.2)

Cheers

ruebenwurzel:
Hello,

looking into the changelog of JQuery 1.9.0, I'm not shure if this is possible without changing additional some core files wich uses jQuery.

Matthias

cwsoft:
Hi,

--- Quote from: ruebenwurzel --- I'm not shure if this is possible without changing additional some core files wich uses jQuery.
--- End quote ---
Easy to find out. Just replace the files in include folder and check the few core methods using jquery. Faster and more reliable than guessing :wink:

Cheers

ruebenwurzel:
@cwsoft

Just tested it. Seems that the few core methods wich uses jquery works without problems.

But got some problems with modules and snippets wich uses the jquery from include folder. After adding "jquery-migrate-1.0.0.min.js" to includes/jquery folder and changing frontend and backend header to call this file too, all modules and snippets wich i use seems to work again.

But without changing core files (e.g. frontend.functions. php) a lot of users wich uses jquery will have problems.

Will send a package with all changed files to the devs. Hope they could have a look into it and maybe add the latest Versions of JQuery and JQueryUI to the next WB Release.

Regards
Matthias

cwsoft:
@ruebenwurzel

Thanks for taking action. Did a quick check yesterday evening with basic core, seems ok.
However as you already mentioned, most of the modules using jQuery (incl. my own ones) will not work out of the box when upgrading the files to latest jQuery version.

Guess it's better to stick with the actual version to keep backwards compatibility with existing modules for the 2.8.x series (or add the jquery-migrate script as you suggested and run further tests on existing modules before final 2.8.4 release).

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version