Author Topic: Can anyone upgrade CKeditor?  (Read 113855 times)

Offline marmot

Re: Can anyone upgrade CKeditor?
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 08:19:02 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the upgrade - but in 2.8.3 Rev. 1927 CKEditor does not work - it just displays the "naked" textfield.
In Firefox and IE10.
thanks for testing and reporting. To be honest I am not ready to give any support for the svn versions of wb as the developers always say that there can be errors (I'm rather sure in the release there won't  :wink:) and how much very smart programming happens in the backround which is not seen in svn. So I can wait for wb 2.8.4 which is surely coming very soon. But once again, I appreciate your report!
FCK is neither developed nor supported anymore, but as it just works
not official but there are updates but no feedback ;).

regards

Offline easyuser

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2013, 10:10:40 PM »
On a fresh installation of WB2.8.4 SVN it works smooth... I think a previous installation of Ralf's extendedWYSIWYG -  module in the other testsystem where CKEditor didn't work changed too much in the system.

Offline badknight

• WebsiteBaker Org e.V.
    • pinzweb
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2013, 02:54:27 PM »
works great thanks..

if someone needs width="" and height="" instead of style="width:[...]

open the file -> /modules/ckeditor/ckeditor/plugins/images/dialog/images.js
decompress the file
~Line 287
change the code to
Code: [Select]
a == f ? (c ? b.setAttribute("width", CKEDITOR.tools.cssLength(c)) : b.removeAttribute("width"), !d && b.removeStyle("width")) : 4 == a ? c.match(k) ? b.setAttribute("width", CKEDITOR.tools.cssLength(c)) : (a = this.getDialog().originalElement, "true" == a.getCustomData("isReady") && b.setAttribute("width", a.$.width)) : 8 == a && (b.removeAttribute("width"), b.removeStyle("width"))

and ~Line 306
a == f ? (c ? b.setAttribute("height", CKEDITOR.tools.cssLength(c)) : b.removeAttribute("height"), !d && b.removeStyle("height")) : 4 == a ? c.match(k) ? b.setAttribute("height", CKEDITOR.tools.cssLength(c)) : (a = this.getDialog().originalElement, "true" == a.getCustomData("isReady") && b.setAttribute("height", a.$.height)) : 8 == a && (b.removeAttribute("height"), b.removeStyle("height"))
i just replaced the setStyle to setAttribute .. it's a quick & dirty code but it works ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 02:56:34 PM by badknight »
Ich würde gern die Welt verändern, doch Gott gibt mir den Quellcode nicht...

Offline marmot

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2013, 10:30:50 PM »
Hi,

once again here is another cke update. Maybe someone finds the new backup and wbsave plugin useful.

Quote from: info.php
*  version 4.2.0 130724
 *  + using cke 4.2.0 full
 *  ! changed wb default toolbar for better overview and to avoid double source button
 *  ! updated codemirror plugin to v. 1.06
 *  + added patched/extended version of backup plugin using local browser storage
 *  ! replaced editor save plugin by wbsave which saves without page reload

regards

Edith: Find IE10 fixed version below.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:17:55 PM by marmot »

jacobi22

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2013, 12:00:12 AM »
once again here is another cke update. Maybe someone finds the new backup and wbsave plugin useful.

Maybe? i'm sure - i think, its very useful!!
Thanks for your work

one question...
where did the ckeditor save the backup-versions? i found nothing in the data base

Offline marmot

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2013, 12:20:55 AM »
where did the ckeditor save the backup-versions? i found nothing in the data base
*  + added patched/extended version of backup plugin using local browser storage

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
    • WebsiteBaker - jQuery-Plugins - Module - Droplets - Tests
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2013, 07:42:06 AM »
Hi, tested in Rev 1932.

What is the right way for using the backup-function?
What is the different between button wbSave in the toolbar and button Save under the editor.

In Firefox i saw 1x something like ajax-saving. After that all wbSave-clicks have a page-reload.
In Chrome every wbSave have ajax.

Can backup active as defauld or make this a performance problem?

For my first try i found the function not easy to find, to use, to understand.
But the idea is very good and thanks for adding the function.

Offline marmot

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »
Hi

puh that's a lot.
Hi, tested in Rev 1932.
thanks for taking your time
What is the right way for using the backup-function?
push the backup button to activate, push again to turn off  :wink:
What is the different between button wbSave in the toolbar and button Save under the editor.
as mentioned in info.php wbsave does not reload the page, the save button does
In Firefox i saw 1x something like ajax-saving. After that all wbSave-clicks have a page-reload.
In Chrome every wbSave have ajax.
would be a wonder it ajax is used for saving by this plugin as no ajax is implemented. I left the uncompressed source inside so you can see it yourself. Maybe you are mixing up something with this? I can't see the behavior you reported in wb 283 rev 1638 and FF 22. As you are an experienced wb tester you surely know that it is a good idea to use a clean installation for testing and it's also a good idea to tell about the testing evironment when reporting errors.  :wink:
Can backup active as defauld or make this a performance problem?
inside wb_ckconfig.js you can define
config.backup_on_start = true;
config.backup_save_delay = xxxx;
for activating backup on start and for setting the delay time in ms for auto strorage. I didn't notice performance problems but maybe the browser storage gets full sometimes. So simply test yourself if you can use this for your purposes or not.
For my first try i found the function not easy to find, to use, to understand.
So now you found and tested you know about it and can explain it to your customers showing them what an expert you are.  :wink:

regards

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
    • WebsiteBaker - jQuery-Plugins - Module - Droplets - Tests
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2013, 04:51:16 PM »
Hi,

push the backup button to activate, push again to turn off
In my FF it works yesterday not expected. Thats why i ask for the right way.
- find and push button backup
- find and push button wbSave instead save
- find the backups bottom right

would be a wonder it ajax is used for saving by this plugin as no ajax is implemented
I wrote "something like ajax" and should mean "without page-reload". It's a clean Installation, nothing was mixed up.
After testing today in FF it works like it should. So it is easier to understand and easier to use.

Thanks for your work.

Maybe i will change the theme, the amount of backups (if this is possible) and the button-positions. Than the users can test it. But i don't really like the local browser storage.

Offline Argos

• Argos Media
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2013, 12:04:04 AM »
I just installed CKeditor 4.2, and I think it's great. It would be best to have skin "Monoo Color" as default however, I think most users find the all-blue Monoo skin not user friendly.

I have a problem with the image function though: in IE10 I cannot browse for files. The browser window shows no files, only a folder icon. There is nothing to do, excpet closing the window again. I do have files in the Media folder, but they don't show up in the editor. The function works fine in FireFox though.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:29:52 AM by Argos »
Jurgen Nijhuis
Argos Media
Heiloo, The Netherlands
----------------------------------------------------------------
Please don't request personal support, use the forums!

Offline marmot

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2013, 09:16:41 PM »
Hi,

It would be best to have skin "Monoo Color" as default however, I think most users find the all-blue Monoo skin not user friendly.
I don't think so and it seems the cke Team doesn't either. I think if someone has problems using the edtior depending from the skin, she/ he should go on and look for an other hobby :wink:  But you can install wysiwyg-admin and than can easy decide which skin to use and honor my painful work to adapt the monoo-color skin to the wb toolbar. :-)
I have a problem with the image function though: in IE10 I cannot browse for files.
thanks for testing and reporting. Seems cke users do not use IE10 as this problem occurs in all versions of the cke module. I append a fixed version.

BTW: This fix is applied to FCK sice some time. (I'm writing this cause it might help you for another problem you, and some users before you, did report about FCK)

regards

Edith: find updated version below.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:20:07 PM by marmot »

Offline Argos

• Argos Media
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2013, 10:56:53 PM »
OK, apparently there are people who like monochrome interfaces with indistinctable icons  :-D
But more than 22000 downloads of the colored version says something as well...
Anyway, never mind. I just changed the skin in the include.php, no prob.

Your new version doesn't solve the missing images problem by the way. Or should I uninstall first?
Jurgen Nijhuis
Argos Media
Heiloo, The Netherlands

jacobi22

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2013, 11:02:30 PM »
Or should I uninstall first?

its the best way - and after that - clear the cache
no problems here in IE10 and the image browser in the ckeditor

Offline Argos

• Argos Media
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2013, 11:37:10 PM »
You're right, deinstall, clear browser cache, close and restart browser did the trick. Now it works fine. Thanks!  :-D
Jurgen Nijhuis
Argos Media
Heiloo, The Netherlands

daydreamer

« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2013, 12:42:55 PM »
Browse image upload button not showing when inserting image from editor

Offline marmot

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2013, 06:16:22 PM »
Hi,

Could anyone upgrade ckeditor to version 4.0.1 looks awesome and new features  :-D
so at the beginning this was your whish I fullfilled after some others disussed how difficult it would be. Now, after more than 6 months, you come up with this statement
Browse image upload button not showing when inserting image from editor
No wb version, no browser version, no example link not even a hello.
So let me say thank you for your gerat contibutions where we all can participate!

BTW: the upload stuff was disabled years ago for security reasons in fck and cke, and yes - there is a serach field in this forum and I think this question has been asked several times, even right here in this thread. But I completely understand that no one may demand form you to read the thread you started.  :wink:

Don't get me wrong I don't want to offend you but simply want to show you my point of view and I'm doing it my way :-D.

regards

instantflorian

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2013, 09:18:41 AM »
Hi,

@marmot: Thank you again for updating the cke module.
With the Argos Backend in Firefox (WB 2.8.3 Rev. 1611) there's a small bug - at least I think it's a bug: when switching to full screen mode and then using the source code view, alle rows are shown centered. I don't think this makes it easier to edit the source code ;-)

This does not happen in the normal, small view. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

BR
-florian.

jacobi22

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2013, 09:43:43 AM »
take a look to the screen.css in the argos_theme_folder at line 4 and deactivate the entry
text-align :center; in this line 4

body { background :url(../images/background.jpg) #f9f9f9 0 0 repeat-x; margin :0; text-align :center; }
and the same in line 25

#content_container { text-align :center; width :948px; clear :both; margin :0 auto; }
the argos_theme doesn't need this entrys
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:53:15 AM by jacobi22 »

instantflorian

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2013, 10:00:33 AM »
Thanks for the hint.
 In my version it was in line 23 (#content_container) of the theme.css. Now it's fixed.

jacobi22

« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »
I seem to be unable to make an editor.css work with this module. For testing, I just added a class to the editor.css of template 'round', but it is not showing up in the styles combo.

it works for me, if i have only one editor.css in the system. i rename the editor.css in the folder modules/ckeditor/wb_config and copy the style from there to my editor.css in the template folder

instantflorian

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2013, 07:53:44 PM »
Hi,

afaik the editor.css is just meant to style the text input field in backend so that it looks like the text in the frontend, e.g. background color, font and link color, font size and style. So if you create an editor.css with blue background and yellow font color the ckeditor textfield should be coloured this way.

To add styles or templates to the combo boxes you have to create the editor.styles.js and editor.templates.js in your template directory.

At least that's the way I understand the readme_faq.txt in ckeditor/wb_config. Never tested this for myself.   

BR
_florian.

mr-fan

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2013, 06:25:22 AM »
I seem to be unable to make an editor.css work with this module. For testing, I just added a class to the editor.css of template 'round', but it is not showing up in the styles combo.

like florian said

styles combo -> editor.styles.js
templates button -> editor.templates.js
look&feel of the inputfield ->editor.css

all works

regards mr-fan

Offline marmot

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2013, 10:18:10 PM »
Hi,

*  version 4.2.1 131001
 *  + using cke 4.2.1 full
 *  ! message bug in backup plugin
 *  ! updated youtube plugin to v. 1.0.7

regards

Edith: find latest version below
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:01:26 PM by marmot »

Offline Hans

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2013, 11:18:39 PM »
Thanks Marmot! Hope the Module Repo will be updated with this one.
Hans
Hans - Nijmegen - The Netherlands

daydreamer

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2013, 03:19:19 PM »
Awesome thanks :D

postern-length