Author Topic: mpForm Module Upgrade | version 1.1.2 (EN thread)  (Read 20118 times)

Offline Martin Hecht

• Betatester
    • meine Homepage
Re: mpForm Module Upgrade | version 1.1.2 (EN thread)
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2016, 10:23:36 PM »

If i make long form, lets say 5 pages, i know it's complicated to code it so that the last page will send everything.
Maybe I wasn't that clear in my previous post: you don't have to worry about handing through the data to the last page anymore. In the mpform 1.3 series each page appends its data to a variable in the users session and the last page simply has to send the email. In prior versions it was complicate to code, but now it should be sufficient to switch off email notifications on all pages except for the last one.

For my purpose, i think i will use only one large mpform, and the separators / headers ? in between.
Then use jquery & bootstrap to dynamically convert those separators into tabs in one php-page.
That way user can move back and forward without POST warnings and other stuff. Perhaps it could be done also in php, but I think it's more easy with jquery. It might be difficult to do, but I'll let you know how it goes after the work is done..
If you still decide to go in that direction, the wizard for "conditional blocks" might be useful for this task, especially for a div-based layout.

Offline noname8

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2016, 08:13:33 PM »
I got this to work now with using one long form (just initial tests, not ready yet) and using jquery to append and wrap each fieldset into separate jquery tab.
It's working nicely at the moment but needs alot more programming.

How ever, i have problem.
Chrome console show in page admin edit this
Code: [Select]
Uncaught Error: cannot call methods on sortable prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'serialize'(…)
So the sorting of the fields do not work.

I'm using baker 2.8.3 and some SP, cannot remember which one..
and it's modification of "advancedThemeWbFlat" as admin template.
it has jquery version of /*! jQuery v1.11.1 | (c) 2005, 2014 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license */
which works fine in other sites i have made earlier.

What could be the problem ?

Offline Martin Hecht

• Betatester
    • meine Homepage
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »
Uncaught Error: cannot call methods on sortable prior to initialization; attempted to call method 'serialize'(…)
The error console at least in firefox tells you the exact line where the error occurs. This would be helpful for finding the root cause of this. Also, the version of the module you are currently using would be important.

Anyhow,  I believe that I have fixed this error in one of the recent versions, maybe some of the 1.2 or 1.3 releases (at least it somehow sounds familiar to me). There was some debugging code which one of the previous maintainers had left in the module and which started to cause trouble either with newer jQuery versions or with stricter implementations in modern browsers. The solution was just to remove that code. It did prepare something which was meant to be printed out, but the final alert that has shown the content of the variables was commented out anyway.

Offline noname8

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2016, 09:13:56 PM »
Yes, thank you
that was the problem, error was triggered in jquery.js
but now i saw the anonymous function:

What could i do here ?

https://snag.gy/920mQ4.jpg

CMS Versie 2.8.3 SP5
Revisie 1644

The error console at least in firefox tells you the exact line where the error occurs. This would be helpful for finding the root cause of this. Also, the version of the module you are currently using would be important.

Anyhow,  I believe that I have fixed this error in one of the recent versions, maybe some of the 1.2 or 1.3 releases (at least it somehow sounds familiar to me). There was some debugging code which one of the previous maintainers had left in the module and which started to cause trouble either with newer jQuery versions or with stricter implementations in modern browsers. The solution was just to remove that code. It did prepare something which was meant to be printed out, but the final alert that has shown the content of the variables was commented out anyway.

Offline Martin Hecht

• Betatester
    • meine Homepage
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 03:09:57 PM »
well, you could update mpform to a more recent version in which these problems are fixed.

...or simply remove the line where sDataString is defined (it was only used in the alert which anyway was commented out)

Offline zirzy

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2017, 11:16:44 AM »
Hi,

I have upload limit 50mb and now 9mb file don't upload, why? Earlier bigger files uploaded correctly..

Offline jacobi22

• Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2017, 12:20:55 PM »
maybe an PHP-Upgrade??

P.S.: its not only the upload-limit
- memory_limit (used memory)
- file_uploads (on/off - allow HTTP file uploads)
- post_max_size (max size of the body from a formular with all text + attachements)
- upload_max_filesize (maximum allowed size for uploaded files)
- max_file_uploads (maximum number of files that can be uploaded via a single request)
etc....
Probleme sind da, um sie zu lösen, nicht, um nach Ausreden zu suchen.

Offline zirzy

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2017, 12:32:58 PM »
So there has been php upgrede on server provider or wb needs better php version?  :-o What?  :lol:

Offline zirzy

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2017, 12:33:53 PM »
Same problem is with miniform upload..

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »
wb has nothing to do with this - wb use the php-settings. the latest wb-version (and the delivered modules) can work with the latest php-version, no problem - not sure about other modules

example: if your provider updated your php-version, you've also new settings in php-ini. a upload_max_filesize with 50mb is not a standard setting, default is 8mb, post_max_size must be equal or higher, default is also 8mb. check all this settings in a phpinfo, simple code example

<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

if you dont have a addon like Ruud's phpinfo or systeminfo, copy that code, add it in a empty file, save it as info.php , upload it to your server and call it in your browser

P.S.: only a tip: if something on your website doesnt work, but it works in the last visit, and YOU have not changed anything since the last visit, looks, what is different - in the most times a server upgrade (new php- or mysql-version's with new settings

Offline zirzy

« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2017, 01:43:10 PM »
Ok, I uploaded that phpinfo module. Where or which row can I see max file upload? Is it max_file_uploads?

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2017, 01:54:52 PM »
Is it max_file_uploads?

yes, it is - search in the left row to the key names (like max_file_uploads or the others from my first answer) - use also the browser-search with STRG + F
in the middle row the default setting from the server, in right row the setting for this account

Edit: the middle row shows the locale settings for this server only, the right row the general php-settings
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:56:46 PM by jacobi22 »

Offline zirzy

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2017, 02:00:26 PM »
Ok, I try to do that. Thanx buddy (Y)

If php.ini max upload is 8mb, how can I change it to let's say 50mb?

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2017, 03:01:48 PM »
If php.ini max upload is 8mb, how can I change it to let's say 50mb?

directly in your server settings, but not every server give the access to this option or to this special setting.
maybe you use Google etc, to search for it, maybe in combination "your provider + change php.ini" (for example)
maybe its also allowed, to use a own/private php.ini to set this options temporally

here a screenshot from the view, left row the key name, called as "directive", middle row the locale setting with a possible private php.ini, right row the default setting from the php.ini

thread is here: Core
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 04:01:28 PM by jacobi22 »

Offline zirzy

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2017, 12:31:55 PM »
Seems like max upload is 128m in php.ini..

What next?

Offline Ruud

• Do not use PM for help! Please use the forum!
    • Dev4Me - Professional WebsiteBaker Development
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2017, 12:51:13 PM »
There is a second on that overrides the max_file_size:  post_max_size

This setting defines the total POST size.. where max_file_size sets the maximum per file.

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2017, 01:01:35 PM »
see also my post here -> http://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,24658.msg211158.html#msg211158 and check this settings

P.S.: mpForm has a own upload-size-setting - do you see it in the advanced settings?

Offline zirzy

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2017, 12:32:04 PM »
- memory_limit 192
- file_uploads on
- post_max_size 8
- upload_max_filesize 128
- max_file_uploads 20

So that post_max_size is 8mb.. I must take a contact with service provider.

Offline zirzy

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2017, 01:10:59 PM »
Yes, now post_max_size is set to 60M and file upload is working correct again. Thanx for your help  (Y) 

Offline Roych

• Betatester
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2017, 11:53:41 AM »
Hello,

I've just updated the MPform to the latest 1.3.9 from repository, it is working fine but the exported submitions are a complete mess. The questions should be in a first (header) row and separated in columns. Submitions should be in a columns, right? Mine looks like a mess. The questions are all in one column and some of them has a name (Fieldxx) not the real name. and submitions are all in a same column. Submition rows are working every submition in it's own row.

So it is really hard to read through submitions. Any fix for that maybe. I tried looking on a forum but no success.

Thank you
R

Offline Martin Hecht

• Betatester
    • meine Homepage
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2017, 10:33:15 PM »
Hello Roych,

the export of the submissions is simply a csv dump of the results table, where the columns have been re-ordered according to the current position of the fields. The structure of this results table may become messy over time when you create, delete and move fields. There may be columns left over from fields which have already been deleted, and if you have upgraded just recently, there may even be columns missing for fields that were added after the first submission.

In recent versions of mpform you can clean that up quite easily: Just open the general settings, and save them again, without changing anything. By doing so, the missing columns should be re-created.

Obsolete columns however are not removed. If you want to do that, you can change the results table suffix. Old submissions however are not moved to a new table with that suffix, but this would be an easy way to start from a fresh table for future submissions.

Please let me know if these steps helped you to clean up the mess that you have described. If the "mess" persists, do you see a chance that you can create an sql dump of your mpform tables and share them with me (preferably by email) so that I can have a look what exactly is causing the trouble in your case?

kind regards,
Martin

postern-length