Author Topic: How to easily update from 2.8.1 to 2.8.2  (Read 71585 times)

Offline webby

Re: How to easily update from 2.8.1 to 2.8.2
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 11:09:38 AM »
Hi again

Yes I have read the instuctions, but it was af mistake, that I choose the wrong theme in the backend - to fast with the mouse I think... ;)

How (where - and what config-file) do I change the backend theme to the right backend theme. My "admin" is totaly down now, so I can't do it the normal way?

Webby :)

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »
Hello,

Yes I have read the instuctions, but it was af mistake, that I choose the wrong theme in the backend - to fast with the mouse I think...
but it seems that you don't follow the instructions, especially the cleanup part. If you would have deleted this theme before running the upgrade-script classic_theme isn't available for to choose. to Fix this:

1.) please delete the classic_theme with ftp.
2.) Run the upgrade-script from changed file package again.
3.) Login to your Backend

Matthias
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:35:44 PM by ruebenwurzel »

Offline webby

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2011, 09:21:40 AM »
Hi Matthias

All is ok now. I just change the backend-theme in the database.
But I did delete the classic-theme as told, before I did the upgrade? Strange...

The Classic-theme is still visible in the backend?
It is not a problem, but it should not be there anymore - or?

Thank you for your quick help - that is very nice, and why the WB-system is nice to work with!

Webby :)

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
Hello,

It is not a problem, but it should not be there anymore - or?

When the theme is deleted before running the upgrade-script, the upgrade-script should remove it also from database, and then it should not be visible and choosable in the backend. So if it is there, something went wrong.

Matthias

Offline webby

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2011, 11:06:52 AM »
Okay - but I did delete the theme before I ran the upgrade-script?
I have 6 WB-sites - and the same "error" on all backends. The old theme still visible in the admin-theme-field.
Strange is'nt it? :)

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 11:52:07 AM »
Hello,

try the following: Go in your Backend to "Add-ons", hit in the right top corner "Advanced" and then "Reload" the "Templates" in the "Admin settings".

Did this solve this issue?

Matthias

Offline webby

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 12:46:49 PM »
Hi Again

Jep - that's it!

Thanks again :)

Offline webby

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »

Ohi!?

In one of my backends, I can't update the theme-list in the "Add-on section"

I've got this error: "Warning: strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /data/www/jagtlinien.dk/framework/SecureForm.php on line 156"

Do you know what is that?

The 5 other WB-sites do not have this "buck" ?

:)

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 06:52:56 AM »
Hello,

sorry but i must say again and again, please read and follow the advices in the first post.

- upload all files to your Webspace. Be shure that all existing files are overwritten.

Are you shure that you have uploaded all files from the changed file package?
Are you shure that all files are replaced with the new-ones?

It looks like you have wrong files on your webspace.

Matthias

Offline webby

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »
Hi

Ok - can I repeat the update-procedure and upload the "changed-file" to the webplace, overwrite and then run the upgrade-script again?

:)

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 02:57:42 PM »
Hello,

Ok - can I repeat the update-procedure and upload the "changed-file" to the webplace, overwrite and then run the upgrade-script again?

yes you can.

Matthias

Offline rodan77

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 11:28:15 AM »
Hello,

I´ve got this upgrading error:
Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_update_key_value() in .../upgrade-script.php on line 283This Code is showing on line 283:
db_update_key_value('settings', 'default_theme', $DEFAULT_THEME);
I double checked your Instruction and followed exactly. I can´t figure out the error.
May someone give me help?
That would be great, thx a lot.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:30:22 AM by rodan77 »

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »
Hello,

we had this error with an older version of the upgrade-script. Using the latest changed_file Package should not give this error. So please download the Package (Link in the first Post) again, upload all files and start the upgradescript again.

From wich version did you upgrade?

Matthias

Offline rodan77

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 03:27:18 PM »
Perfect success after using your Files!
Thank you very much Matthias!

At first I used the "WB 2.8.2 Fixes 2011/08/01 (Rev. 1484)" from this Site:
http://www.websitebaker2.org/de/download/neueste-version.php

They seem to have a Bug but listed prominent. That have to be change, I think.

My Installation was Version 2.81, can´t remember the Revision, but the Installation is about 4 Weeks old.

Now everything is fine, updating was very easy, best work Matthias  :-D

instantflorian

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 09:12:47 PM »
Hi,

sorry for the stupid question.

I'm afraid I'm in charge of several sites still running WB 2.7 as well as 2.8.0  :oops:. Do I have to update them to 2.8.1 first or can I use the fixed 2.8.2 update script to update them to 2.8.2 without any steps inbetween?

BR
_florian.

Edit: oh, forget it. I've found the answer.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:15:04 PM by instantflorian »

Offline nastytill

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »
hilfe,
wollte gerade updaten und plötzlich sind alle seiten im backend weg. nur die ordner sind noch da aber keine inhalte mehr? was kann ich tun?
OHNE HUB KEIN SCHUB !

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 12:48:44 PM »
hilfe,
wollte gerade updaten und plötzlich sind alle seiten im backend weg. nur die ordner sind noch da aber keine inhalte mehr? was kann ich tun?

Beschreib mal die Schritte, die du gemacht hast. Schon mal den Browsercache und die Cookies gelöscht?

Matthias

Offline nastytill

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 01:01:14 PM »
hilfe,

Beschreib mal die Schritte, die du gemacht hast. Schon mal den Browsercache und die Cookies gelöscht?

Matthias

hallo matthias,
ich habe einfach den ordner runtergeladen und ihn dann auf mein webspace geladen.
im backend werden nur noch die ordner angezeigt, keine inhalte mehr.
hatte mit dem dumper eine sicherung gemacht. diese habe ich eben wieder aufgespielt, tut sich nix. wenn ich auf meine hp gehe, kommt eine leere weiße seite. ich verstehe das nicht.
er hat auch nur einen teil der dateien hochgeladen. da ich im büro bin, glaube ich das da irgendwie die ports gesperrt sind nach einer zeit. ich bekomme keine verbindung mehr nach einer gewissen zeit mit dem filezilla. natürlich weiß ich jetzt nicht, was und wieviel dateien er schon auf meinen server geladen hat und welche dateien überschrieben wurden. ich könnte brechen....
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:06:39 PM by nastytill »
OHNE HUB KEIN SCHUB !

Offline carto

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 02:03:30 PM »
I also have the same problem after updating from 2.8.1 to 2.8.2

I cannot upload new templates and I cannot change templates from the default.

I reverted to my old site (2.81) yesterday and redid all the steps you outilned in #1 installed the files
you recommended with NO success. I still can't change teplates or upload new files.

I think I will forget about 2.82 for now and go back to 2.81 where everything was working fine.

Thank you

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 02:04:21 PM »
Hallo,

welche Files hast du hochgeladen?

Das Komplette WB 2.8.2 Paket von hier, oder die Updatedateien von hier?.

Wenn du das Komplettpaket hochgeladen hast, ist die Vermutung groß, dass du dir die config.php überschrieben hast. Wenn du eine Sicherung der config.php hast, bitte diese wieder zurückspielen, wenn nicht, weiter oben habe ich beschrieben wie man sie sich restaurieren kann.

...er hat auch nur einen teil der dateien hochgeladen...

Schlecht, bitte versuch nochmal alles hochzuladen (bei einem Update nur die geänderten Dateien aus dem ersten Link hier im Thread) und überprüf, ob auch wirklich alle Dateien ersetzt wurden. Nur wenn die richtigen Dateien auf deinem Server sind kann WB funktionieren.

Matthias

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »
@carto

I cannot upload new templates and I cannot change templates from the default.

Wich template did you try to install/Upload? Can you explain the steps you do, and wich error you get?

Matthias

Offline nastytill

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2011, 02:20:29 PM »
Hallo,

Wenn du das Komplettpaket hochgeladen hast, ist die Vermutung groß, dass du dir die config.php überschrieben hast. Wenn du eine Sicherung der config.php hast, bitte diese wieder zurückspielen, wenn nicht, weiter oben habe ich beschrieben wie man sie sich restaurieren kann.

Schlecht, bitte versuch nochmal alles hochzuladen (bei einem Update nur die geänderten Dateien aus dem ersten Link hier im Thread) und überprüf, ob auch wirklich alle Dateien ersetzt wurden. Nur wenn die richtigen Dateien auf deinem Server sind kann WB funktionieren.

Matthias

hallo matthias,
ich habe jetzt den ganzen ordner hochgeladen und jetzt sind alle seiten im backend wieder sichtbar, nur komischerweise werden diese im netz nicht angezeigt. meine hp bleibt weiterhin weiß. ich denke es ist nicht mehr viel dann gehts wieder. was kann ich noch tun? die config.php habe ich eben auch hochgeladen. tut sich nichts. alles weiß und keine seite zu sehen.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:24:44 PM by nastytill »
OHNE HUB KEIN SCHUB !

Offline carto

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
Thank you for responding Matthias, I've been on this all weekend and becoming frustrated, but don't worry your
efforts are really appreciated.

So, I was trying to UPLOAD and INSTALL the danfuh-business02.zip template which had been working fine on 281
but the message is
Cannot upload file
in a pink box.

The same thing happens if I want to install a new module.

So, what is preventing me to upload files?

Offline nastytill

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »
Hallo,

Matthias

hallo matthias,
ich habe jetzt den ganzen ordner hochgeladen und jetzt sind alle seiten im backend wieder sichtbar, nur komischerweise werden diese im netz nicht angezeigt. meine hp bleibt weiterhin weiß. ich denke es ist nicht mehr viel dann gehts wieder. was kann ich noch tun? die config.php habe ich eben auch hochgeladen. tut sich nichts. alles weiß und keine seite zu sehen.

hallo matthias,
unglaublich, ich weiß nicht wie, aber irgendwie habe ich es hinbekommen. meine HP läuft wieder. jetzt habe ich nur eine frage an dich. ich hatte vorher www.meineseite.de/wb/pages/index.php wenn ich da drauf geklickt habe, bin ich zu meiner home seite gekommen. jetzt geht das nicht mehr und er führt mich immer wieder auf die intro seite. das ist irgendwo was falsch, nur wo? danke dir im voraus.
OHNE HUB KEIN SCHUB !

Offline ruebenwurzel

• Betatester
  • Keep on Rockin
    • Familie Gallas Online
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »
Hallo,

hallo matthias,
unglaublich, ich weiß nicht wie, aber irgendwie habe ich es hinbekommen. meine HP läuft wieder. jetzt habe ich nur eine frage an dich. ich hatte vorher www.meineseite.de/wb/pages/index.php wenn ich da drauf geklickt habe, bin ich zu meiner home seite gekommen. jetzt geht das nicht mehr und er führt mich immer wieder auf die intro seite. das ist irgendwo was falsch, nur wo? danke dir im voraus.

Schön, dass wieder alles läuft. Das mit dem Link auf die Homepage ist eine Neuerung von WB 2.8.2. Hier die Erläuterung:

http://www.websitebaker2.org/forum/index.php/topic,22059.msg148653.html#msg148653

Standardmäßig ist WB jetzt auf relative Urls ( also ../../seite.php anstatt http://www.meineseite.de/wb/pages/seite.php) umgestellt. Das beschleunigt den Seitenaufbau. Man kann das aber in den Admin-Tools beim Frontend-Output Filter wieder auf absolute Urls umstellen (so wie es bisher immer war). Wenn du auf absolute Urls umstellst, brauchst du nichts weiter machen, wenn du die realtive Urls behalten willst, dann musst du in deinem Template die Pfade anpassen, indem du überall wo du WB_URL aufrufst einen slash / dranhängst.

z.B.:
<a href="<?php echo WB_URL?>">Home</a>ändern in:
<a href="<?php echo WB_URL?>/">Home</a>
Matthias

P.S. Lade sicherheitshalber nochmal alle Dateien vom changed_paket (siehe erste Post) auf deinen Server und starte bitte nochmals das darin enthaltende upgrade-script.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:51:07 PM by ruebenwurzel »