Author Topic: Map Baker Module  (Read 55915 times)

Offline crnogorac081

Re: Map Baker Module
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 11:07:24 AM »
It works perfectly

I have no idea why its not working for me :) but never mind, its important that works :)

cheers
no bb in signature

AR1306

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2009, 11:53:28 AM »
Hi crnogorac081,

see my example: http://test07.westkreuz-onlineservice.de/pages/topics/map-modul.php - have a look at the marker-size it´s really big  :| - Sometimes (in my case only at the very first time - cookies?) to show the marker an updating of the site is required. Maybe there is a problem with the API - so I´m using the API of the mainpage - that´s the reason for the error massage at this example  :wink:

cheers

Andreas

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »
I didnt get popup message when window opened, but I can see that marker is a little bigger :))) almost double bigger :)
no bb in signature

dfelix

« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2009, 11:58:49 AM »
...is there any option to change the size of the images? They are really big - bigger than in the 1.1 version  

1.1 version didn't had images...
But default marker has the 32 pixel google icons default is in both versions.

Are your icons sizes appearing link this ones?

http://dfelix.net/log/pages/codigo/map-baker/mapbaker-demo.php

I have one desire - the possibility of an update. The reason is very simple - if I´m using the module on any page I can´t deinstall it. So I have to delete the page

But you can remove just the Map module from a page using the "Manage Sections" option.

The problem is that some new fetures require changing the database table structures.
And to make this possible, old table should be removing through uninstall.

I have no idea why its not working for me :) but never mind, its important that works :)

Something is wrong...
Are you installing the correct zip package?

(Open the info.php and check if $module_version = '1.2.48' )

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2009, 12:00:25 PM »
this may be usefull to you for custom markers, see here
no bb in signature

AR1306

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2009, 12:10:59 PM »
@dfelix

But you can remove just the Map module from a page using the "Manage Sections" option.

OK that´s possible but with the same result - I´ll lose all information for this part I´ve made  :cry:

In your example the size is OK - but please have a look at my example - the marker-size is very big (maybe double or more? - I don´t know the reason [maybe the template?] I will try out this with an other webspace ...) I think one advantage would be to have more color-markers than letters ...

@crnogorac081

You deleted the whole module and all sections you made with this module?

see you soon ...

Andreas
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 12:18:20 PM by AR1306 »

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »
yes, first page with that module, then unistaled module, and then I instaled again and when I add group, it says success, but then blank page appears in beckend..
no bb in signature

dfelix

« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2009, 02:38:37 PM »
In your example the size is OK - but please have a look at my example - the marker-size is very big (maybe double or more?

Its now ok...
Upgrade from this one...

I hope this weekend get some time to make a import/export the markers in a backup file.
It would be usefull to load markers after reistalling.

AR1306

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2009, 02:44:33 PM »
@dfelix

I think that´s  a good solution - backup would be really necessary. Thanks for the upgrade ... I´ll have a look and will give my report next time ...

Andreas

AR1306

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2009, 12:17:07 AM »
@dfelix

mhh, problem with markers - I placed 2 markers Lisboa and Marokko and I can´t see nothing in the frontend. The map of course - but no markers  :? - I installed the latest version. What could be the problem?

http://test07.westkreuz-onlineservice.de/pages/topics/map-modul.php 3 Markers but nothing to see ... For your information - in the backend I see all markers! Now I found an intresting fact - in IE 6 / 7 / 8 there are no markers in FF 3.5 some markers but with the wrong position - Lisboa in the backend (portugal) the frontend-marker is in spain ???? Please try out ...

THX

Andreas
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 12:39:18 AM by AR1306 »

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »
I see two green markers and one red :)

BUT, first two green were in portugal and spain , then when I refreshed the one from spain is now in maroco :) lol
no bb in signature

AR1306

« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2009, 01:14:23 AM »
Yes that´s true - I saw this fact now too - what´s the reason? (but only with Firefox - with IE until now there is no marker to see ...

THX

Andreas

AR1306

« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2009, 09:06:16 AM »
Good Morning,

maybe this informations will help to find a solution.

Details zum Fehler auf der Webseite

Benutzer-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Zeitstempel: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:04:57 UTC

Meldung: Ungültiges Argument.
Zeile: 52
Zeichen: 59
Code: 0
URI: http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/de_ALL/mapfiles/164e/maps2.api/main.js

Meldung: Objekt erwartet
Zeile: 139
Zeichen: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://test07.westkreuz-onlineservice.de/pages/topics/map-modul.php

I was testing the frontend now with safari 4 and found the same conditions just like under firefox - you can see all markers but on the wrong positions after refreshing the page all is fine  :| But with IE there is still no way ...

Andreas
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:24:13 AM by AR1306 »

dfelix

« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2009, 12:39:32 PM »
Some javascript bug...
I'll check it asap..

dfelix

« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2009, 04:37:12 PM »
Done!

Created a sourceforge project page here...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mapbaker/

It's a new release.
Now supports external html icons.

Must uninstall previous version, sorry...
(I hope this is the last time it should be done)

AR1306

« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »
Thank´s a lot for this module - you already get the backup feature? (because you said uninstall for the last time  :-D) I will test it in the evening so you will get a feedback later ... At the end of the next week I will publish our travel route so we have some day´s  for the test :-D (sorry, a little joke at this point ... I´m really excited to get this befor holidays ...

Greetings from Berlin

Andreas

AR1306

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »
@dfelix

it looks really good - I found 2 small things, maybe bugs?

• If I make a new category and want to save this I lose the icon for the marker (I take my choice a second time and save this - all is fine  :wink: (under IE)) - EDIT (only under IE, FF and Safari is OK - so we should forget this)
  • If I make a second category - the marker will shown in the "wrong" position (that means that the right position is in the middle of the marker not at the buttom - see at my example link up there - If I´m zooming in all is ok  :-D EDIT this error or mistake is only with other markers than the default marker - but with a circle-marker it´s perfekt  :-D

But - great work, really a quick solution of you. It works under IE, FF and Safarie without any problems. And you found a better way to get the marker in the backend in the right position - maybe with backup it´s a perfect module :-D
The second step ... routes?

THX

Andreas
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:25:30 PM by AR1306 »

dfelix

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2009, 10:39:38 PM »
  • If I make a new category and want to save this I lose the icon for the marker (I take my choice a second time and save this - all is fine  :wink: (under IE)) - EDIT (only under IE, FF and Safari is OK - so we should forget this)

I don't know if we are talking about the same...
But i found a bug when removing "Custom Icon URL". When this field is clean, the image disappars, but the defaul marker should be used.

Only this way i had problems saving the icon..

I wil correct this for the next version..
My initial ideia was to use the same media folder browser from the fckeditor.
But still haven't found a way to use it.

• If I make a second category - the marker will shown in the "wrong" position (that means that the right position is in the middle of the marker not at the buttom - see at my example link up there - If I´m zooming in all is ok  :-D EDIT this error or mistake is only with other markers than the default marker - but with a circle-marker it´s perfekt  :-D

Well that is a problem I'm still thinking for a way to solve.

For now, Mapbaker in all custom icons use the center of the image as referece for the marker.
This works ok for most images.
But for pointer icons, the center of the image is no the place it is pointing!

The second step ... routes?

Yes!

AR1306

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2009, 11:45:51 PM »
@dfelix

there is only one question more - did you change anything with the kml/georss import? I can´t see anything in the frontend??? It´s the same link I was using in your first version of that module - but there I´ve got an output in the fronTend and now nothing, mhh I will try this tomorrow in an other way ... Thanks for your description - it´s working in this way really perfect.

good night  :wink:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:18:23 AM by AR1306 »

AR1306

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2009, 10:06:19 AM »
@dfelix

Today I took a second attempt and found a bug. All would be perfect but if you want to add a kml-link you will get the following error:

• 1. in the frontend you can see only the standard-marker items
  • 2. after refreshing the site you will see both standard and own-marker items ... but
  • 3. there is no entrance for any kml-item (???)

If I delete the added kml-file in the backend all is perfect again ... so there is no possibility to use kml or georss-files  :cry:

I hope thats helpful.

THX

Andreas

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2009, 01:32:23 PM »
I  located that my problem, it is somewhere in modify_categories.p hp

If I put the code from map baker 1.1 , I can add category, but code from 1.2 doesnt work.. Can you please review the code..

cheers
no bb in signature

dfelix

« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2009, 02:32:05 PM »
I guess the previous corrections bring problems to the georss/kml feature.

I'll checkit asap...

Offline crnogorac081

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2009, 02:42:28 PM »
thanks  :evil:
no bb in signature

AR1306

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2009, 03:22:40 PM »
@dfelix

you have already found a solution for the kml/georss problem? Sry I'm so impatient :wink: One a desire of me for the future would be a feed output for GeoRSS.

So many THX   :-D

Andreas

Offline Gaertner

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2009, 10:05:06 PM »
@dfelix

Thanks a lot for this module! It is working fine. Bevor i've spent a lot of time for the google map module, but there I was not able to get it to work correctly.
Your map module is easy to use and does a good job.

Greetings
Gaertner