Author Topic: Map Baker Module  (Read 56552 times)

Offline CaptainRob

Re: Map Baker Module
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2013, 08:38:56 PM »
Just found this module and installed it, works perfect without any errors.
Nice module, I recommend it for the module repository.

Offline scoob2000

• Mijn WB2.8 Sandbox
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2014, 03:48:38 PM »
Today I started using Map Baker again on a new website, but I can't get it to show the map.
I downloaded the last version and installed it without any problems. I'm able to set a category and add a marker.

But while loading the Add Marker page i can see the Google map opening at the correct coordinates, and then immediately disappears.
Opening the front-end page the same thing happens: the page loads, the map loads at the desired coordinate, and directly the map disappears.

The page source shows the location at initialize() between the [CDATA[ ]] tags, but the <div id="map"> is empty.
Could this be an JS issue.

What is going wrong?
Why i have just a few posts?
I read the topics!

jacobi22

« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2014, 05:23:38 PM »
have you download the module from here? -> http://addon.WebsiteBaker.org/pages/en/browse-add-ons.php?id=0AD4A2A1

if not, please download it from this place, delete all old files in the mapbaker-Folder and unpak the files from the zip into this folder
this version is a rebuild with some code repairs, it doesnt need a google api code (leave it blank, if you dont have a registered API-code)

the module sends the coordinates to google map and receive the js-code for the map - everything with js comes from google. but if you use a wrong api-code, google search the whole time for this account and dont show the map

Offline zirzy

« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2014, 12:20:19 PM »
Hi,

I'v been wondering how to change the map color theme of the MapBaker.

Like these demos:
http://snazzymaps.com/

What do I have to do to have different color theme in MapBaker?

Offline N1kko

« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »
Is there a way to show each marker like this http://snazzymaps.com/
My Tools: MacBook Pro Retina, Coda2, Sketch 3... Couldn't live without them

Offline jacobi22

• Support also via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2014, 05:21:15 PM »
i write a solution btw example in the german thread about mapBaker
the easyist way is the complete code from your map into a Code²-section. see also the links in this posting to a styling wizard and to the google docu

at the moment its not possible for me to sitting more than one or max two hours at one day at the computer, the docs will fixed this problem in september, if everything goes fine after that, i will look to a new module like mapBaker to use API3 (need this for colored maps)
Probleme sind da, um sie zu lösen, nicht, um nach Ausreden zu suchen.

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2017, 08:21:50 PM »
i'm working on a new version for this Module as combination with googlemaps and leaflet/OSM, but i need some input from users with experients in the work with groups inside of mapbaker

actual standing
 - possible, to add groups, but no specially Icons for a group
 - switchable group-activity-status, switch-off a group will not show any markers of this group
 - possible, to set own marker-icons for every marker from a intern list, intern or extern source

i did'nt found a sense for a group/category, because, all markers use the same icon. if i want to show  for example 5 markers with several icons, i've to build 5 categories, to choose a extra icon for every marker.
And if i need the same marker-icons for all markers, i can choose the same marker-icon for every single marker - that's my opinion - but maybe, i didnt see any advantage, i've never use several markers on a map, everytime a single category with a single marker

so, i need some input for the best solution. maybe, it's better, to have a icon for the group's also and a switch in the code - if i have a group-icon, dont use the marker-icons

Offline johnbroeckaert

« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2017, 12:55:04 PM »
It is a happy talent to know how to play!

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2017, 01:37:41 PM »
at first: THANKS

but i've no problems to add marker clusters on the map, everything works with the module

see picture from googlemap

or with Leaflet

i ask about the sense of the groups/categories in the old module
i see only one advantage: i can disable all markers from one category with the deactivation from this category, not needed, to deactivate all defined markers for this group/category step by step

maybe, its a good idea, to work with groups, if i need different maps with a single category and called by a droplet, for example
[[showGMap?cat=cat2]]
[[showLMap?cat=cat1]]

and without a special group, it show all categories on the map,
in the pictures, i use two cat's

postern-length