Author Topic: License Question  (Read 13189 times)

dennywii

License Question
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:26:09 PM »
Hello,

I have aquestion about license terms. The FAQ of website baker says the following:
The link in the footer of the WB backend (WebsiteBaker is released under the GNU General Public License) must be visible and untouched.
Now when I see all those web sites in the whowcase section, none of them have that text. So I was wondering, what I really have to do.
Also I will have a disclaimer section on my web site. Is it ok to mention website baker there and have a link to the website baker web site?

Denny

doc

Re: License Question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »
The following link should make things clear:
http://help.WebsiteBaker.org/pages/en/basic-docu/about-wb/license.php

Regards Christian

dennywii

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 09:50:09 PM »
Oh yes, that helped a lot. Thank you Christian.

Denny

linh

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 05:12:03 AM »
Thank you Christian for the answer and Denny for having the same concern as mine.

I am making a website for my own company. I feel that it would not look so professional if at the footer of the front-end of my company's website says that Powered by  WebsiteBaker | Copyright © 2008 | Design by Andreas Viklund...etc

Offline BerndJM

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 06:24:28 AM »
Hi,

don't misunderstand me, I won't to cirticize you, your opinion is your opinion, just my thoughts about
I feel that it would not look so professional if at the footer of the front-end of my company's website says that Powered by  WebsiteBaker | Copyright © 2008 | Design by Andreas Viklund...etc
Why it would look not so professional, if you call a spade a spade?
You use a software, you prefer, why not give credit to the softwares name?
You use the design from a person, why not give credit to this person?

Is it a shame to say "I haven't done it all by myself"?
I think "no".

Regards Bernd
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Offline kweitzel

• WebsiteBaker Org e.V.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »
Linh,

you do need to be careful with the templates! The license of a  template might require you to leave the footer (designed by) intact!

Have a look at the license of the templates. If you purchased a template you might also want to check what kind of license you have purchased.

For the footer mentioned by you including "Andreas Viklund" please check his site at http://andreasviklund.com/about/copyright/

The links you posted above are, as far as I can see, custom templates and therefor they most probably they are custom work for the site they are on.

So please do not mix up the website baker license and the licenses of the templates because they might differ!

cheers

Klaus

linh

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 11:47:16 AM »
Thank you Klaus for your advice.
Appreciate it a lot.

Have a good one.
Cheer, mate!