just released the Final version of Event Calendar 1.8.Downloadhttp://addons.WebsiteBaker.org/pages/modules/page-modules.phpChangelog since 1.74
+ made name_link field editable in the backend
+ added excerpt search to the modul
+ added support for edit CSS functions of WB 2.7
+ added backticks to all DB queries table names and fields to prevent issues with MySQL special chars like -
+ changed mechanism to prevent files from beeing accessed directly (redirect instead off displaying an error message)
+ added functionality to edit frontend.css and backend.css from within the modul
+ removed the styles from body and added frontend.css and backend.css
+ reorganized all language files
+ fixed E_ALL notices (!!Big thanks to BerndJM for the final code Fixes!!)
+ replaced all "<br>" with "<br />"
+ changed all copyright notices now includes 2008
+ added default index.php to all folders to prevent directory spoofing
+ frontend output now validiates (W3C konform)
+ some code cleaning and fixingRequirements:
- To get the css files displayed in the head section of your template and not in the body section, add the following code to the head section of the index.php from your template:
This code only works in WB 2.6.7 and WB 2.7, if you use a lower version of WB, you don't need to make changes in your template. The css will be displayed in the body tag as it was in previous versions.
- The latest release uses the integrated edit module CSS functions of the WB 2.7 core. To add this feature to WB 2.6.x, one needs to copy the files /framework/module.functions.php
from a WB 2.7 to the WB 2.6.x installation. In addition one needs to define 3 language variables in the WB language files:
$TEXT['CAP_EDIT_CSS'] = 'Edit CSS';How to updateIf you use Version 1.74 :
$TEXT['HEADING_CSS_FILE'] = 'Actual module file: ';
$TEXT['TXT_EDIT_CSS_FILE'] = 'Edit the CSS definitions in the textarea below.';
- Please copy the styles from the Event Calendar options to a lokal file.
- Install the new version over the existing one
- Go to the options of Event Calendar and hit "Edit Css". Add your lokal stored styles to frontend.css.If you use a lower version then 1.74
- Please sent me a PMNotice:
This version is based on 1.74 from our addons page. It does not include the changes from 1.74a btw. 1.75 wich are available only in forum posts.
So i hope you like this new version.