WebsiteBaker Support (2.8.x) > Droplets & Snippets

Teaser Module / Snippet?

(1/2) > >>

mete:
Hello to everybody,

I am planning a website for a company and am definitely going to use WB as CMS. I have done a couple of sites with it and I actually am confident that it'll work out well this time, too.

While planning the need for a teaser-component arose which we plan to use on listing-pages which lead to detail pages. As the system will be used by this company later on, the editors want to have a module or a snippet in backend which allows them to insert a picture, text and a link which then forms a complete teaser that will be displayed on the page. The idea is like having a different modules on one page (e.g. WYSIWYG, Code etc).

I would like to know if this would be possible (which probably is) and how I could manage this. To be frank I have never made a module or snippet before and I would love to get some aid from experienced users.

I am attaching an image of the planned teaser which shows two teasers of both types - with image and without - and hope that somebody could give me a hand with that.

Thank you all in advance..

Mete

[gelöscht durch Administrator]

doc:
Hello,

have you already tried the News module which ships with WB; maybe in combination with the code snippet AnyNews (from the WB Addons repository)?

Regards Christian

mete:
Hi there again Christian,

I have taken a look at the AnyNews Snippet. As far as I understand I could use it in combination with News, so to say I make news with News but display them with AnyNews, right?

Which unfortunately is kinda confusing, maybe not for me but for other editors. I am actually looking for a module which I call in backend, fill out the necessary parts (e.g. Header, Text, Picture and Link) and then it's ready to go.

Too hard? I just can't do it myself. I don't even know how to get it to the point where I could write into the database or call a picture from the media library due to my lacking php knowledge.

doc:
Hello,

have you tried the News module as standalone module? Should already include all you need. The AnyNews is only if you want to display e.g. certain news as a teaser (e.g. last 4 news or something like that).

Regards Christian

mete:
I am trying to style News as a teaser right now. This might work, there are yet some point which are of course missing.

I noticed I can assign images to groups and make a call to them as I mark a news item as member of a certain group, but I can't choose any picture from the media. To do that I would have to make new groups which I'd like to avoid.

One important missing part is that I do not know how to link the teaser to a certain page in WB. It does take me to a "read more"-view but this is not what I need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version