Author Topic: BookShop Module  (Read 6605 times)

Ralf Hertsch

BookShop Module
« on: October 24, 2007, 04:53:33 AM »
BookShop is a library and shop module with the following features:

• create and administrate as many as needed libraries and categories
  • Preview pages with short descriptions and images of the title pages
  • Detailed view of any book by click
  • easy designing and formatting short descriptions, detailed views and emails by using templates
  • preselect the allowed payment methods (cash, cod, debiting, account, paypal, giropay, visa, mastercard)
  • automatic calculate shipping (two levels), cod and service
  • basket may be viewed and edited at any time
  • using customer address, delivery address and billing address for a flexible processing of ordering
  • customer automatic receive a ordering confirmation by email

further functions are planned.

Remarks:

• BookShop uses the WB user authentication for processing orders. Customers may use the library and add books to the basket without login but for ordering they must be logged in, therefore WB must be configured with sign-up and login enabled.
  • BookShop v0.82 prompts on all errors (E_ALL switch on)
  • in case of errors you will find a error.log in the /modules/bookshop directory which contains additional informations about your system, values of variables a.s.o.. If you report a error you may attach this file to your post
  • I believe EN.php is a little bit clunky, please help me to improve...

You may also visit the BookShop online Demo (DE/EN). If you sign-up and log-in your be able to send testing orders and to administrate BookShop in the WB Backend (changing preferences, entries, create and delete libraries etc).

Edit: Development of the BookShop Module is stopped. You may look at my homepage for further informations and download the last BETA version "as it is".

Thank you!
Ralf
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:44:17 PM by Ralf (Berlin) »

Offline zakia1964

Re: BookShop Module
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 09:40:45 PM »
I have a problem with BookShop. Maybe it's just because i don't know anything about online-payment-methods!
Why can paypal, giropay, visa and mastercard not be activated as payment methods?

Marianne

Ralf Hertsch

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 05:14:06 AM »
Hello Marianne,

BookShop is BETA and there are no online payment methods implemented yet.

At the moment I have not enough time to continue the development of bookshop, Sorry  :roll:

Regards
Ralf

davematt

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 05:50:27 AM »
im test install module bookshop_0.83 but can't show install message 'success install module' and not listed on module list uninstall or module details why ? im use EN default language

Ralf Hertsch

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »

Please try in backend --> Settings --> Show advanced options --> reload Add-ons (at the bottom of the page).

Please respect that the development of the BookShop Module is stopped and it will stay in BETA state and is software "as it is".

Regards
Ralf

postern-length