Author Topic: Module: User Stats  (Read 30101 times)

Offline sky writer

Re: Module: User Stats
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2018, 07:48:16 PM »
Calm down.  How on earth was I supposed to know your tip was for "paulchen" specific situation?  Not knowing that the tip was for this user, when I read your words:

Something go'es wrong in the zip-file of Version 1.1.7
  Tip: install version 1.1.8 like the install of a new module or overwrite the old files from vers. 1.1.7 with the new files from the new version via FTP

It gives me the impression that special circumstances are necessary for install, other than a usual "upgrade".  Otherwise... what purpose would your added tip serve, if all you are saying is install the 1.1.8 module like you would any other module upgrade?  :?

Offline jacobi22

• Support only via PM or EMail
    • Jacobi22
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2018, 08:25:47 PM »
has nothing to do with the answer to paulchen

nowhere in my words you found a part, that suggest, that we have to use a new install-process
Hoffnung ist der Anfang, Enttäuschung ist das Ende.

Offline sky writer

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2018, 05:28:42 PM »
nowhere in my words you found a part, that suggest, that we have to use a new install-process

Well, if you say so, in bold text, I guess you know me better than I know myself.  :o

Seriously, why are you reacting in such a combative tone (bold and multiple exclamation points) to my questions which were simply asking for clarification?  You answer me like you perceive I am attacking you.  They were simply friendly follow up questions.

From my comprehension as a fluent English speaker, EVERYTHING in your communication suggests that the normal "upgrade" process is not advised.  This could be the result of nuance in translation, but if it is, I should not be the only one able to recognize this possibility and take some responsibility.

If that is the case, then your reply to my initial clarification questions further confuses:

the User "paulchen" reports, that it was not possible for him, to make a uninstall of version 1.1.7, thats why the tip - it is not needed to deinstall the broken version first

I use this module (upgrading from version to version) on many websites.  So, in an attempt to get the clarification that I was seeking in my initial questions, I will try to simplify the source of my confusion.  If version 1.1.7 can be upgraded to version 1.1.8 using the normal Upgrade process ( Admin / Add-On / Install Module with "Overwrite newer Files" checked? ), what is the purpose of your tip:

Tip: install version 1.1.8 like the install of a new module or overwrite the old files from vers. 1.1.7 with the new files from the new version via FTP

I have never noticed the inclusion of a special "tip" in your previous version announcements?  So, seeing a "tip" gives the impression that there is something worth special note contained within the tip.  If there is nothing worth noting in the tip... what is the purpose of the tip?  That is all that my question were meant to ascertain.

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2018, 05:44:47 PM »
okay, okay, you are the winner

i stop my engagement for this and other addons, not possible for me, to talk without problems

regards and bye

Offline johnbroeckaert

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2018, 06:32:20 PM »
@jacobi22 and @sky writer

I am an "outsider" on this post but I do not understand the eager on both sites. As far as I could read the treats it was clear that the tip was for a specific user and the error in this module is solved.             point.
 :-) :-)

It is a happy talent to know how to play!

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2018, 06:45:21 PM »
you see, what's happend, if you dont talk in your own, native language and as result, i write my text in the future only in my native language, that included also the public support.
If somebody mean's, he can understand my bad english, he can of course use the private post (email or PM) to talk with me

theme for me closes

regards  Uwe

P.S. my itention for my bad, bad words in the "tip" was the answer from paulchen, that it was not possible for him, to uninstall the module
and in my eye's, it was a good to maybe also for the others - dont try to uninstall the broken version 1.1.7, overwrite it with a simple new install of the repaired version

maybe, it's a translation problem, i ask over 10 german users, what do you think about this? is this a advise for a new install method? 10 answer's with "NO". looks, that it's different for a native english speaker.
but i see now, it is not possible for me to explain simple things in a foreighn language

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:51:43 PM by jacobi22 »

Offline sky writer

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »
I am an "outsider" on this post but I do not understand the eager on both sites.

I'll explain my seeming eagerness for clarification.  I have dozens of websites with this module installed.  I asked a question because I wanted to ensure I understood the installation tip provided in the version 1.1.8 release post.  That is all.

As far as I could read the treats it was clear that the tip was for a specific user and the error in this module is solved.             point.
 :) :)

Please help me.  How was it clear to you that "the tip was for a specific user" by reading the release post alone - https://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,4773.msg214196.html#msg214196

I arrived at the same conclusion, "that the tip was for a specific user" after reading the jacobi22's response - https://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,4773.msg214198.html#msg214198

But then I was told

So, I asked a follow up question to try to find clarity.  I was not eager to beat up on jacobi22 for "bad English", I was asking a question because I did not understand what he was saying.  Those are two very different things.

P.S. my itention for my bad, bad words in the "tip" was the answer from paulchen, that it was not possible for him, to uninstall the module
and in my eye's, it was a good to maybe also for the others - dont try to uninstall the broken version 1.1.7, overwrite it with a simple new install of the repaired version

Now, I fully understand.  Thank you.

Offline johnbroeckaert

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2018, 08:05:04 PM »
So, I asked a follow up question to try to find clarity.  I was not eager to beat up on jacobi22 for "bad English", I was asking a question because I did not understand what he was saying.  Those are two very different things.

Maybe, maybe it's more convenient to make your language use sound softer?  :-D :-D
We, here on the forum, are all WB users and I think we are very glad that we can put some questions here.
It is a happy talent to know how to play!

Offline evaki

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2018, 08:22:01 PM »
>>Maybe, maybe it's more convenient to make your language use sound softer?  :-D :-D
In Germany, there is actually a way of doing this. It's called "Vereinfachte Sprache (german only)" (simplified language ? ? ? )
MfG. Evaki

Einmal Pizza Quattro Stagioni bitte, aber ohne Herbst.

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2018, 08:53:26 PM »
Sprecht deutsch und das Thema ist erledigt  :wink:

Offline evaki

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2018, 11:07:58 PM »
Im englischsprachigen Teil des Forums?

Offline sky writer

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2018, 11:47:44 PM »
If somebody mean's, he can understand my bad english, he can of course use the private post (email or PM) to talk with me

First and foremost, it was not a case of you having used "bad english".  It turns out it was a case of you not initially including enough background and/or details for your chosen words to be completely clear to me.

I thought about contacting you through PM, but...

and in my eye's, it was a good to maybe also for the others...

...my motivation for asking the question in the public forum, instead of a PM, was the exact same.  I though maybe some other users might benefit from getting a follow up clarification.

Finally, it matters very little to me what language anyone writes in.  I have Google auto-translation running on the forum.  But regardless if you write in English or your native language... if anyone has a follow up question, they should not be made to feel bad for asking it.

Offline jacobi22

• Jacobi22
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2018, 12:34:41 AM »
Im englischsprachigen Teil des Forums?

ich sagte oben bereits, das englischer Support für mich tabu ist ebenso wie das Reparieren oder der Neubau von Modulen. Ich werde diese über meine (deutschsprachige) Homepage vertreiben und wer dann Fragen hat, möchte das bitte auf deutsch tun.

Ich werde hier fertig gemacht für einen Satz, der ein ganz normales Vorgehen beschrieb und nicht etwa etwas komplett Neues, das so wichtig ist für die Gemeinde, das es dringend einer fachgerechten Übersetzung bedarf. Dieser Satz war eindeutig und nirgendwo falsch zu verstehen.

Offline evaki

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2018, 09:06:20 AM »
<offtopic>
Ehrlich gesagt, ich verstehe einiges nicht.
>>Ich werde hier fertig gemacht für einen Satz...
Falls alles andere, als ein Verständigungswille im Vordergrund steht, ist es mit der Gemütlichkeit natürlich schnell vorbei.
>> Ich werde diese über meine (deutschsprachige) Homepage vertreiben
Ist ja irgendwie am Gedanken des Forums vorbei, bin völlig irritiert. 
</offtopic>

MfG. Evaki

Offline dbs

• Betatester
  • tioz4ever
    • WebsiteBaker - jQuery-Plugins - Module - Droplets - Tests
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2018, 02:33:45 PM »
Tested in a 2.11 subfolder installation with PHP 7.0.

If a user is in multiple groups, you cannot see all.
Only the first group found is displayed. Maybe would be nice to see all groups.

The wildcard function could be a checkbox. But this is a luxury feature.  :-D
Modul works without errors.