WebsiteBaker Support (2.10.x) > General Help & Support

Problem moving Baker to another folder

(1/4) > >>

svsanchez:
Hello, I am trying to move Baker to the "pages" directory so that all of Baker will be on the same directory, as if I had installed it in the root from the beginning.

Ok, so my Baker was installed in the root and I moved all the directories and the index.php + config.php files to the "pages" directory. (None of the actual pages of the site were moved)

Then, I changed the "pages" directory to blank in phpmyadmin, as it didn't allow me to change it on the backend.

I can access the backend and the main page of the site.

The problems I am facing are:

1) I can't access the "sub-pages", I get an internal server error (Error 500).

2) Since I can access the homepage, I thought that maybe there is a problem with my sub-pages templates. I tried modifying the template via the backend, but I get a "Security offense!! Access denied!" message whenever I try to make any change.

What can be causing the internal server error and security offense messages?

Important: Please note that this is a WB 2.8.3 site that I have not been able to upgrade since it is very big (and when I upgrade it becomes excruciatingly slow), and so I want to try to move it to the pages directory in order to install a new main index file while I work on a new version of my directory.

svsanchez:
Update: I noticed that for some reason, the sub-pages are looking for the index.php file in the ROOT directory of my server, instead of searching for it in the PAGES directory, even though all the files are in the PAGES directory. How do I tell Baker to use the index.php file inside the Pages directory?

DarkViper:

--- Quote from: svsanchez on May 24, 2022, 05:35:30 AM ---Update: I noticed that for some reason, the sub-pages are looking for the index.php file in the ROOT directory of my server, instead of searching for it in the PAGES directory, even though all the files are in the PAGES directory. How do I tell Baker to use the index.php file inside the Pages directory?

--- End quote ---
The answer:  no way to do so.. if you don't want to change thousends of things inside the code..  ;-)

Ok. Thera are two possibilities:

* You can move the whole installation into a new created subfolder and adjust the content of the config.php file accordingly. This changes the WB call from [ https://example.com/ ] to [ https://example.com/subfolder/ ].
* You can move the pages from the [base/] folder to the [base/pages/] folder or vice versa.. Its easy to do..  a:) create the empty pages/folder, b:) delete all generated existing accessfiles and it's subfolder structure. c:) using PHPAdmin change content of 'pages_directory' to '/pages' in table {TP}settings.  c:) Open the backend and request a 'rebuild accessfile' . All other changes to the directory structure and the placement of files within this structure inevitably lead to (mostly unrecoverable) problems.

greatings,
Manuela

crnogorac081:
If I understood well, you want your pages thet are currently (root)/pages/page1.php, (root)/pages/sub/page2.php to change to (root)/page1.php , (root)/sub/page1.php etc ? This might be done using htaccess

svsanchez:
Hello Manuela, thank you for your reply. This is sort of what I did:

--- Quote from: DarkViper on May 24, 2022, 10:34:59 AM ---

* You can move the whole installation into a new created subfolder and adjust the content of the config.php file accordingly. This changes the WB call from [ https://example.com/ ] to [ https://example.com/subfolder/ ].

--- End quote ---

The difference being that the subfolder where I moved the whole installation was already created (the PAGES directory), so now WB is installed in the Pages directory. I changed the config.php file and also used phpMyAdmin to change the pages directory to "blank".

I need to maintain the same pages URLs as they have been indexed by Google for almost 10 years and I have more than 3,500 pages.

I can access the backend but can't make any changes as anything I try to change there shows the "security offense" message. I also can access the site's homepage in the pages directory, but any other page shows an internal server error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version