WebsiteBaker Support (2.12.x) > General Help & Support

Menu items prompt download of php file. Upgrading from 2.8 solution?

<< < (3/5) > >>

styzer1137:

--- Quote from: hgs on March 10, 2021, 06:14:11 AM ---This is good news.
But maybe they will talk to the owner of the website about the necessary upgrade.
The used php- version 5.6 is not up to date for a very long time, see:
https://www.php.net/supported-versions.php
The WebsiteBaker version is the same and there were enough security reasons why we just released version 2.13 for download.
A detailed guide to go in the 1st step to the WB version 2.8.3 can be found here:
https://forum.WebsiteBaker.org/index.php/topic,23412.msg158494.html#msg158494
After that you can upgrade to the current WB version 2.13. The php version must be at least 7.3, we recommend php 7.4.
The instructions for this upgrade can be found in the folder /DOCU in the unpacked version 2.13.
I would test the upgrade if possible with a 1:1 copy in a subdomain, we can also offer help here.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

--- End quote ---

Thank you, I have told me client and he is going to tell me when he is ready to upgrade. For now he's grateful it's working, thanks to the help here. :)

Regards.,

Andre

styzer1137:
ONE MORE QUESTION?

http://www.spiritfm.ca/2/pages/news.php

I can't find where to access the News scroller to edit the content. We're using News module v3.5 but I don't remember how to display those News in the news ticker on the right of the page.

I'm confused...

And finally, when I go to Media and click on any of the items, I get this error message:

Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.

Why?

Thank you in advance,

Andre

hgs:

--- Quote from: styzer1137 on March 10, 2021, 07:25:21 PM ---ONE MORE QUESTION?
http://www.spiritfm.ca/2/pages/news.php
I can't find where to access the News scroller to edit the content. We're using News module v3.5 but I don't remember how to display those News in the news ticker on the right of the page.
I'm confused...

--- End quote ---

On the website, it looks like current contributions also run through on the right. To me it looks like there is an automatism built into the template that does this.

--- Quote from: styzer1137 on March 10, 2021, 07:25:21 PM ---And finally, when I go to Media and click on any of the items, I get this error message:
Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server.
Why?

--- End quote ---

Which file extensions are affected, or are they all?

We eventually need admin access to have a look at it live on their server. This please by pm to me

styzer1137:

--- Quote from: hgs on March 11, 2021, 07:55:31 AM ---On the website, it looks like current contributions also run through on the right. To me it looks like there is an automatism built into the template that does this.

--- End quote ---

Hmmm... I can't see News items on the News page scrolling on the right marquee. I created new ones especially to check that. He told me that he added a few videos to that news scroller, but I can't find where he entered these links.

--- Quote from: hgs on March 11, 2021, 07:55:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: styzer1137 on March 10, 2021, 07:25:21 PM ---And finally, when I go to Media and click on any of the items, I get this error message:
Not Acceptable
Why?

--- End quote ---

Which file extensions are affected, or are they all?

We eventually need admin access to have a look at it live on their server. This please by pm to me

--- End quote ---

Hi thank you, I contacted you via PM.

Blessings,

Andre

dbs:
Hello, the newsscroller is delivered via snippet anynews.
It displays only entries from news module. No way to add videos or something else extra to this scroller.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version