WebsiteBaker Support (2.10.x) > Modules

MiniHero Banner (0.4) and HTML5 code: conflicts

<< < (2/3) > >>

Legaziofunk:

--- Quote from: hgs on February 05, 2019, 07:40:28 AM ---Hast du schon mal das Modul Accordion versucht?

Have you ever tried the Accordion module?

--- End quote ---

Thanx a lot!

Well, it does not do the trick.

1. the issue is the same as with the HTML 5 tag: it's pushing Minihero's text down or pulls it up.
2. it looks, well, horrible. Okay, this might be adaptable within CSS.
3. it is quite terrible to use: there is no quick way to add or edit anything. A couple of etxra clicks to add a singel letter? No way!

Sorry, but in order to make this a useful module, it needs to be edited "in line" sort of... at least from where I am now.

Sure, a website should be determined on how to look and not be edited every hour or so... but that's anoter discussion.

I might think about using it another time though! So, thanx for referring me to it!

Ruud:

--- Quote from: Legaziofunk on February 05, 2019, 03:18:15 PM ---...but when Minihere is using absolute positioning, wouldn't relative positioning solve the issue and make Minihero more adaptable to being used in WB?

--- End quote ---
The technique for parallax is to change the scrolling speed from the background image. This can only be done using absolute positioning of that background.

If you look at the page using your browser devtools you can see the parallax javascript is placing all parallax sections at the top of the page.
Using position calculation it is displayed at the correct location.
The script is responsive, so a windows resize event will recalculate the position.

If the <details> functionality was better implemented in the supported browsers it could generate an event after collapsing/expanding that could be used to recalculate the parallax positions. (i.e. by simply triggering a windows resize event).

Legaziofunk:

--- Quote from: Ruud on February 05, 2019, 03:45:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Legaziofunk on February 05, 2019, 03:18:15 PM ---...but when Minihere is using absolute positioning, wouldn't relative positioning solve the issue and make Minihero more adaptable to being used in WB?

--- End quote ---
The technique for parallax is to change the scrolling speed from the background image. This can only be done using absolute positioning of that background.

If you look at the page using your browser devtools you can see the parallax javascript is placing all parallax sections at the top of the page.
Using position calculation it is displayed at the correct location.
The script is responsive, so a windows resize event will recalculate the position.
--- End quote ---
Understood!

--- Quote ---If the <details> functionality was better implemented in the supported browsers it could generate an event after collapsing/expanding that could be used to recalculate the parallax positions. (i.e. by simply triggering a windows resize event).
--- End quote ---

Ah! So, this is something which is not in my command, then?

Very interesting!!! Thanx again... well, for now, I "solved" my issue by unchecking parallex of the according Minihero sections. Not exactly what I wanted, since parallax was the MAIN goal to have on my page... Damn! ;-)

Legaziofunk:
I may add another "issue" of positioning with Minihero v 0.4 here since it fits in from that perspective - although not related to HTML 5.

I also do have a picture on my page, which is left-aligned and on the other sides surrounded by text.
When you look at it on the browser of a larger screen (laptop etc.) it looks a bit like this:

Text above picongoing Text above picactual pictureongoing Text now right next to picongoing Text below picongoing Text now below picMiniHero
Like this:

Here, I "faked" the text underneath the pic with empty lines.

I noticed, when the text is not enough, to go way below the pic underneath (which I faked here with empty lines), the picture then pushes Minehero to the side.
Like this:

I find this sort of disturbing.

Even more so, since the editor of WB gives the impression, you are actually dealing with separate, not interfering sections of your page.

Anyways, how can this be settled?

johnbroeckaert:
Maybe you could use bt-columns at 2 culums the same size instead of WYSIWYG.  :roll:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version