WebsiteBaker Support (2.8.x) > Templates, Menus & Design

Templates problems in 2.11.0

<< < (2/3) > >>

Gast:
these are two different problem's

1. show_menu2 - please show us the show_menu2-Call from your template - there is a small error inside

2. do you use special chars in the title of the news like ' or "  ? so, that it's empty now?
there are 3 possible order fields in news, order by position, order by date and order by title - if you choose Order by title or Order by position, but the title or the position is empty, you get this error message

check at first the news-settings for this, then your news title for special chars - if your order setting is "Order by position", change the position of one news via drag&drop or use the arrows. this write new position's values for all items

HK:
Thanks Jacobi!
1. The show menu problem is solved by deleting the code between the hooks () that was inherited from the original AllCSS template. Without any code between the hooks, the menu presents as expected, even in 2 levels.
2. I did not manage to add any message in the news module, nor did I succeed in giving in the general settings in the module. I tried, but after 'save' everything I filled in will be disappeared. Also I wonder what I should add in the Message "loop" field. The 'order by field' is prefilled. See: https://gyazo.com/c091be05433f4c015a0c31d6d1497468.
As this is not the right place in the forum to discuss module problems I was looking for a forum discussion for the 'News' module but it does not seem to exist. Maybe I am the only dummy that has problems with this module? Version v3.8.0. in WB 2.11.0. Everything was done in a XAMPP test environment with PHP7.

Gast:
thx for the screenshot - that help's  (Y)

it look's like a broken install process. in a working installation, all fields in the news settings are full with code > see https://i.gyazo.com/2e9a95bb2e71cdccab6af409db08c087.png

try at first this simple way ( but you lost all news with this method)
- go to addons -> modules -> advanced -> manual install
- choose there "news" from the list
- click on execute to start the manual install
- go back to the news setting - is is okay now?

another way - manual input of the settings

the content for this fields in news settings come's from the file
./modules/news/presets/default.layout.inc.php
for example one definition

--- Quote ---$post_footer = '
<p>[TEXT_LAST_CHANGED]: [MODI_DATE] [TEXT_AT] [MODI_TIME]</p>
<a href="[BACK]">[TEXT_BACK]</a>';
--- End quote ---

copy the code between the apostroph's for every field, in the example green marked

what is the used news-version?

HK:
Hi Jacobi, thanks for your screenshot too; it clarifies the matter.
I tried the simple way but it had not the wanted effect.
I can try to upgrade to WB 2.12, is that a good idea?

Gast:
i'm not sure with the upgrade, because, it looks, that your news settings are empty and the upgrade cannot repair this

is it possible to deinstall the news module? if YES, uninstall it and install the latest version from the Addons
or download the WB 2.12-Package, build a ZIP-File from the files inside of the news-module-folder and install it as a new module

do you have some error messages about the news module?  (X-Button in Top-Menu of the Backend)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version